Encompass Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Encompass Insurance Reviews

Found 63 reviews

Cynthia H. Young
Pros
  • "The management genuinely cares and provides a great work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• "Excellent benefits, great work/life balance, very family orientated staff, and really good co-workers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is not present, and dont care about the employees(in 4 reviews)

• "Poor management by current president who is clueless and not present(in 3 reviews)

"Good Company, Great Job"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Wyomissing, PA

I have been working at Encompass Insurance full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Don’t believe the negative reviews. Most of the office has been here for 20+ years and that’s because it’s a great place to work. Claims is fast paced and there’s a lot of work that goes along with that, but the workload here is far less than claims in most other companies. The management genuinely cares and provides a great work/life balance. The morale is great and there is comraderie between coworkers. Even...

Cons

Starting pay isn’t as high as some of the competitors, but there is more and faster opportunities to move up and earn more and the workload is a lot less than the competitors so it depends what’s important to you. The health insurance is the only real con, all the other benefits are great. The health insurance is just expensive compared to most places; for an individual it is comparable but for a family it is pretty...

Encompass Insurance2019-03-30

"Excellent Career Choice"

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Wyomissing, PA

I have been working at Encompass Insurance full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, team atmosphere, excellent benefits, help promote career growth, excellent pay

Cons

Challenging at times but as you become more seasoned this becomes more and more enjoyable

Encompass Insurance2019-03-23

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Claim Service Leader in Reading, PA

I have been working at Encompass Insurance full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

We have a friendly, helpful, diverse staff who really are like a family. Our mission is to restore peoples lives and we are deeply committed to achieving this goal. We are at the forefront of digital claim handling and deliver the most advanced claim experience on the planet. We have a fantastic onboarding program and are committed to providing learning opportunities to allow our employees to reach their goals.

Cons

Claims is a challenging job requiring many skills and may not be the right fit for everyone.

Encompass Insurance2019-03-22

"Unprofessional and unethical leadership"

Former Employee - Management in Wyomissing, PA

I worked at Encompass Insurance full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Some of the people, paid time off.

Cons

Poor management by current president who is clueless and not present. Poor management in operations and product operations, changes are made without planning and everything is chaos. Leaders make changes and then when things don't work they forget the change was their idea and blame everyone else. Senior management is unprofessional. They don't care about ease of doing business for agents.

Advice to Management

My advise to Allstate leadership. Shut it down and clean house. Just absorb it into Allstate or sell it. The poor leadership you put in place will not stop the bleeding of this festering wound.

Encompass Insurance2019-01-26

"Claims Unit"

I have been working at Encompass Insurance full-time

Pros

Flexible and that is pretty much it

Cons

Everything Else Management is horrible Pay is not competitive No Bonus at all Nothing extra- No Food No Parties No Anything

Encompass Insurance2018-09-25

"Need To Hire More People"

I worked at Encompass Insurance full-time

Pros

Employees get same perks and benefits as Allstate employees, which are great. Great work from home and remote options.

Cons

Senior Management too micromanaging and doesn't empower senior level employees to independently make decisions. This makes moving forward with completing tasks and projects on time, very difficult. There are way too many different project management tools with way too many different steps required before able to just move forward to implement. Long time employees talk too fast using way to many acronyms expecting...

Advice to Management

Empower senior level employees more and back them up. Use one tool for all projects. Hire more employees, especially more technology resources dedicate just to Encompass.

Encompass Insurance2018-08-19

"I have been working for Encompass for 7 months"

Current Employee - Inside Auto Claims Representative in Woodridge, IL

I have been working at Encompass Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Encompass is an excellent company to work for. Every friendly staff. They are real into the work/life balance. Management helps your to succeed in your career. Working in a positive environment gives you a piece of mind that you can come in and do your job and If you need help there is someone there that is always willing to help you.

Cons

The only thing is the technology is lacking. We need up to date equipment.

Advice to Management

To remain the same Kind, helpful and always willing to assist you in your career to help you be as successful as you would like to be.

Encompass Insurance2018-06-06

"Change in Companies"

Current Employee - Auto Liability Claims Adjuster in Woodridge, IL

I have been working at Encompass Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Encompass is an excellent company to work for. They genuinely want to see you succeed at your job. The life/work balance is wonderful. Your co-workers are there whenever you need a helping hand. Positive environment that promotes we win together.

Cons

Computer systems need to be updated to assist with time management. Workload can sometimes be overwhelming. The medical insurance is expensive.

Advice to Management

More structured training for Encompass employees.

Encompass Insurance2018-05-23

"Hasn’t made money in years"

Former Employee - Licensed Agent in Wyomissing, PA

I worked at Encompass Insurance full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Good benefits, paid time off, pension

Cons

President is a joke, ever changing rules and policies, unbelievable goals

Advice to Management

Company is sinking and moving across the country to find “better” talent

Encompass Insurance2018-05-31

"Claims"

I have been working at Encompass Insurance full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits, great work/life balance, very family orientated staff, and really good co-workers. Adjusters have each other's back within their teams, which is critical in a fast paced environment.

Cons

It can get very busy at times, but there are also times where you have opportunities to catch up, but you do have to be good at taking advantage of that on your own.

Advice to Management

Stay close to the field so you know their challenges.

Encompass Insurance2018-05-03