Epic Games Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 79 of over 79 interviews

Employee Referral11%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Epic Games

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Games

Interview

Got contacted by an initial screener, it was a Zoom interview. Easy questions: Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work for us. Interview lasted about 15 minutes, very nice and conversational. Here is the important detail: The camera was off for both me and the nice lady. I moved to the second round of interviews, this time the camera was on for the interviewer, so I had to turn mine on (courtesy). Her face when she saw me... was a poem, she just couldn't hide the mixed surprise with disgust when she looked at me (and yes, I was on interview attire). I don't know if it was implicit bias, but from that moment on, her questions were the kind you can only answer if you are already working from inside the studio. Needless to say, I could only answer with more questions: What is your capacity? who are your subject matter experts? what is my influential scope? etcetera. I am a project manager and advanced scrum master, this is the first time I felt like my knowledge, experience and personality had little to do with the interview decision. My advice, keep your camera off. Implicit bias runs deep in the game industry (just look at the studio photos and try to find diversity).

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Why Epic? How would you organized our schedule? What are the most important qualities of a Game Producer?
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Epic Games

Application

I interviewed at Epic Games

Interview

Very smooth, I had two interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the team. I heard from the recruiter who basically vetted if I could do the job then the meeting with the team was more about if I would be a fit. The interview process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral questions, and why you would be a good fit.

Epic Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Games

Interview

Had a take home assignment that took about 6 hours. Then had a 15 minute chat with the recruiter to tell more more about the internship and give me a chance to ask questions. Later had a casual interview with members of the team about my experiences. Overall the entire process was pleasant and I felt that Epic Games valued my time. They placed a lot of importance on the personality of the interviewee.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic Games

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Epic Games

Interview

One programming test, then HR meeting about project experiences, then group meeting with 4 senior engineers for one hour, at last an HR meeting for negotiation and group meeting's feedbacks.

Interview Questions
  • What is your most frustrating experience in game development?
1 person found this interview helpful

Epic Games

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Epic Games

Interview

Was interviewed in multiple rounds. A recruiter at first, then a member of the team, and then a long series of interviews with many more team members. Was very expedient and there was great communication all around.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Larkspur, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Games (Larkspur, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

2 hiring manager interviews 1 virtual onsite interview. I dropped out of the interview process because I was told they cannot offer wfh after covid times and I live very far from the office.

Interview Questions
  • - Questions on my previous experience - questions on API testing - jmeter questions - Test scenarios/ troubleshooting related questions

Epic Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Games

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. First, I had a 30 min call with the HR for screening and it went well. The next interview was with the UX Lead and another designer. They asked about my previous job and other behavioral questions. They talked about the responsibilities and goals of the designer position. It went well but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Epic Games

Application

I interviewed at Epic Games

Interview

The interview process overall was pretty organized and efficient. The whole process took about 3 weeks total from initial screen to final in-person interview(before the pandemic). Interview day took about 6 hours, lunch included. The studio was gorgeous and the people were very kind.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic Games

Application

I interviewed at Epic Games

Interview

Talked about the requirements of the role and asked about my interests. Questions about my background and projects I have worked on. Questions about my experience with testing games and software. Friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Epic Games

Application

I interviewed at Epic Games

Interview

It was a pretty simple interview process. Basic questions like how would you test this, why do you want to work here? The negative experience stemmed from the HR recruiter that I worked with. I had a phone screen and a two person panel interview. Each interview was pushed an hour before each meeting and made me feel as if I had never been a priority.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Epic?
2 people found this interview helpful