Equian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Equian

2.0

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equian (Louisville, KY) in September 2019.

Interview

Very well organized and traditional. I like how it is very "Why are you a good fit" and not "Have you ever been in a situation where..." oriented. It was an easy and headache free process. I was told I did not get the job for an outside hire but was next in line.

Interview Questions

• To name a time I had to check my work for accuracy after completion and before sending it in.   Answer Question

Medical Claims Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equian (Denver, CO) in August 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who arranged a phone interview with me.
    On the day of the interview, (and much to my surprise) a totally different recruiter called me and began the interview by asking me canned, junk science-type behavioral interview questions, such as: "What stresses you out at your current job?", "How did you handle a mistake you made at a job?".

About halfway through the interview, the recruiter revealed that she was interviewing me for a totally different position! After all was said and done, that same recruiter told me that I'd be a great fit and would get back to me the following week to meet with the hiring manager. Not once did we dig in and discuss the details of that mystery position (or the one that I applied for!), because the well thought-out questions that I wanted to ask "would be best suited for the hiring manager" - according to the recruiter.

The following morning I received a rejection letter regarding the original position I applied for - a position which I could have easily handled, given my strong background and skill set in the Medicaid/healthcare industry.

I emailed the original recruiter to gain some clarification as to what happened.
    She replied by telling me that both positions were the same - they simply "have different titles".

I replied back by informing her that they were vastly different--per the job descriptions--and I pointed out those differences to her.

She replied back, apologizing, admitted that I was correct, and told me that she asked the recruiter to interview me for that other position (the one that I *didn't* apply for). She continued by telling me that the reason why I was not considered for the position was based on the answers I gave, in response to their canned, behavioral questions.

I immediately replied asking that they purge my resume from their company database.

Enough is enough!

Organizations need great employees as much - if not more - than we need (dysfunctional) organizations.
    You cannot run a business without people, and you certainly cannot have a *great* company without hiring *great* people.
    Furthermore, an employer- employee relationship is simply a business relationship --not a romantic one. So, please toss the "tired", canned, junk science behavioral questions.
    You cannot intellectually or intuitively determine, in 15-30 minutes, who is a "good fit" for your company, and who isn't. Human beings are complex. Quit trying to categorize candidates into little boxes, make assumptions about them, and then base your decisions on those assumptions.
    Start appreciating (and hiring) candidates as *individuals*, as humans (which is a novel idea!).

"Can they do the job?" "Are they reliable?" should be the primary questions you should ask yourselves.

Moreover, judging by the 1-star employee reviews I've read on Glassdoor, it's apparent that using behavioral interview questions have failed you miserably - namely because you wound up hiring quite a few people who apparently didn't "fit in", and who left blistering Glassdoor reviews for all the world to see.

On the same token, you've managed to *screen out* bright, genuine candidates, while hiring people who told you what YOU wanted to hear, so that they could land a job!
    Eventually, those very same employees grew tired of drinking the company Kool-Aid, and came up with an effective exit strategy (or were tossed out).

How candidates are treated, during the recruiting process, reveals a lot about the treatment they will endure as employees.

After my above-noted experience with your company, and after perusing through the numerous employee reviews (as well as your responses to them), it became very evident to me that I dodged a huge bullet.

Interview Questions

Equian Response

Sep 10, 2019 – HR Partner

Thank you for your response regarding your interview with Equian. Our talent acquisition team strives to ensure that every applicant has the best possible experience with Equian. At the time of your application, we were in a period of staffing transition and utilizing a temporary resource who was not yet familiar with the business. We apologize for your experience and assure you that this is not representative of our standard process or approach. We greatly value qualified talent, and would appreciate an opportunity to review your qualifications with you again. Please reach out to humanresources@equian.com if you are willing to be contacted for further discussions or consideration in the future.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equian (Denver, CO) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was called by an internal recruiter without any appointment set up, so there was no time to prepare for the first phone interview. The call was about 20 minutes long and just covered the basics of going over my resume in more detail and asking a few situational questions. I was then notified later in the week that I was wanted for an in-person interview with the hiring manager, which was a more in-depth look at my resume and more streamlined questions on how each experience listed would translate to this role. I was told I would hear back within a week, so when I did not, I followed up with the recruiter and only heard back from her after two attempts. I was then brought in for a second in-person interview with the original hiring manager and her boss, and the interview was nearly identical to the first one. However, this time the the hiring manager took notes on her computer the entire time and revisited some of the answers I had given in our first interview together. I was then told I would hear back in about 10 days. After 2 weeks of nothing, I reached out again to the recruiter, who never responded to me personally, but sent an automated email letting me know they had gone with another candidate. When I asked for feedback, I received a generic "It's nothing you did wrong, there were just better-suited candidates." reply from the recruiter. I never received any responses from the hiring managers throughout the entire process, which took about a month in total. Very disappointing end to what I thought had been a good interview process overall.

Interview Questions

• What type of analysis experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sep 10, 2019 – HR Partner

Thank you for your response regarding your interview with Equian. We believe our hiring practices and talent acquisition team are held to the highest standards, and we strive to ensure that every applicant has the best possible experience with Equian. We regret that your interviewing experience did not meet those expectations. This concern will be fully researched for opportunities to improve our process and transparency. Please feel free to reach out to humanresources@equian.com if you wish to be contacted for further discussions.

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equian (Louisville, KY) in March 2018.

Interview

Had been interviewed briefly over the phone and later followed by an in person interview. Few concerns: It has been said 4 interview panelists would be there. But only 2 showed up. Third one showed up on and off. The fourth one did not show up. Questions were not difficult at all. But scenario based question was given and not sure about what was expected. I did my best. The bitter part was, I traveled around 200 miles from my home town for in person interview and they never care to provide any feedback even after requested. Overall, the process did not happen in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• HealthCare Scenario was given to suggest a technical solution and I had provided what is followed in the industry for the scenario given with the quality and amount of inputs provided i=during the scenario was described. All the technical questions were answered properly. They did not go very deep on the technical questions.   Answer Question

Interview

Very friendly people. No tough questions. Hiring managers were very down to earth. They told me about the job and asked my expectations . It was 30 mins interview. Both managers appreciated my skills and experience .

Feb 22, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking a moment to provide us with your interview feedback. We're pleased that you had a positive experience!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equian.

Interview

Several phone interviews which included different staff that I would be work with. Was surprised the interview process was completely remote. Never was screened with HR initially and worked directly with hiring manager which was nice.

Interview Questions

Equian Response

Feb 22, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Good afternoon and thank you for your feedback. We've made a concerted effort to streamline the interview process and avoid lengthy lag-time. While we understand that it's not always possible to make hiring decision remotely, your feedback helps us understand that our dedication to a positive candidate experience is paying off.

Junior COB Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equian (Franklin, TN) in February 2018.

Interview

The HR person set up the interview via email. The interview was with three managers. I felt comfortable and the managers were easy to talk to. No "tricky" or hypothetical questions. Very straightforward process.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equian (Bethesda, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

First, I was approached by a headhunter that wouldn't tell me anything about the company and to research it myself. I researched the company myself it found out it was a small start up. Applied to the job online and had 3 separate telephone interviews lasting an hour and a half a piece, then flew to Bethesda, MD for an in-person daylong interview from 9am-3pm. The first telephone interview was a skills evaluation where the interviewer(VP) asked about technical skills. The second telephone interview was with another interviewer (a different VP) 50-50 technical-personality interview. The third telephone interview was was with a third person ("Senior VP") and was another personality interview. The 4th interview (in-person) was a technical-personality interview that went on for 2 hours with half the team meeting via web-ex and the other half in a conference room. At the in-person interview they didn't organize their schedule around the flight plan they booked for me so they asked me for a 5th interview to determine my technical skills. I declined the 5th interview and asked for a decision. They declined to move forward with my application. This was a 2.5 month process.

Interview Questions

• Basically asked all the job requirements verbatim in question format   Answer Question

Nov 22, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to express such candid commentary. This position is quite unique in the fact that the candidate selected must be a good cultural fit from both a technical and an operational perspective. Although 5 interviews may seem excessive, we are committed to a thorough interview process to ensure that the position is suitable for the candidate and our company alike.

While it is unfortunate that you declined the opportunity to advance in the interview process, we acknowledge and empathize with your frustrations. With your experience in mind, we will work carefully to abbreviate and revise our interview process as necessary as we continue the search for a hybrid-like Senior Data Analyst.

Various Technical Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equian in October 2017.

Interview

This happened over the course of several months. DON'T WORK AT THIS PLACE! NOT HONEST AND DISORGANIZED. Contacted by Internal Recruiter and External Recruiter for different positions. First time was phone interview with External Recruiter - Gave me much more information about company and position. Phone interview with hiring manager. Good interview. Face to face with hiring manager. Good interview. Verbal agreement on Salary. External Recruiter returned to me with a 25% reduction in Salary. Not good. Declined offer. Decided I would never work for this company as they were dishonest.
    Second interview - Against my better judgement I interviewed with them again. Internal Recruiter gave me no information on the position or who or what I was interviewing for. Phone interview with hiring manager and peer. Peer began interview and didn't really know what the position was for or didn't understand the position. Hiring manager was rude and joined meeting very late. I really think neither person knew what they wanted in this person they were trying to hire. The interview was a waste of time. Interviewers asked questions and answers given. However interviewers were not qualified to understand the answers give. This company is growing by acquisition and doing a very poor job at it. They have been down graded several times by Moody from stable to negative. I don't think they will be around much longer. Don't go with a sinking ship.

Interview Questions

• Situational and behavioral questions. At the end they said that they asked technical questions. I guess they thought the situational and behavioral questions were technical. Not a good place. Very disorganized and they don't appear to be getting any better.   Answer Question

Apr 24, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your commentary; please understand that we empathize with your frustrations and we are disappointed to learn that your interview experience was less than stellar. We take such feedback seriously and would certainly like to address the issue with our talent acquisition specialists and partners. However, anonymous feedback makes it that much more difficult to pinpoint our shortcomings and / or who gave or why you received contradictory offer information. In the spirit of honesty, being a rapidly evolving organization with multiple locations is a challenge for any company and we are not without flaws.

With that in mind and in all sincerity, we have enough humility as an organization to acknowledge that we are bound to identify opportunities to improve as we navigate the fast pace of merger and acquisition. Please feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition team at recruiter@equian.com so we can better understand and perhaps resolve your dissatisfaction.

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Equian (Louisville, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager remained in touch with me throughout the process, and was very responsive to my questions. I found the process to be clear, helpful, and easy to navigate.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the organization in terms of talents   Answer Question

Nov 22, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you! We are thrilled that you found our interview process to be smooth and to know that the hiring manager was engaged in the process. We hope you will refer others to apply with Equian!