Equity Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

This was one of the best interview experiences I’ve had hands down. Spoke with a friendly member of the recruiting group in NY over the phone first before being invited in to meet the lead recruiter. The interview was more like a conversation where time was taken to truly get to know me and find out what was important to me regarding my career aspirations. I felt so assured and motivated from this conversation which made me want the job for so many more reasons than I had originally thought. It was very obvious that this company cares about who they hire and more so about making sure that the company is right for them.

Interview Questions

• How would you train someone to do your current job now? How do you stay organized? What do you do for fun? How would you deal with a difficult customer? What causes you stress? What’s your approach to sales? How do you make a customer’s experience remarkable?   Answer Question

Community Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Tacoma, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a Receptionist position. I was invited shortly after to interview over the phone, and I was lucky enough to land an amazing recruiter.

The phone interview was more of a conversation, and she truly listened to what I was passionate about. She called me the next day and asked me to interview for a different position that may better fit my interests - I was just surprised that she had actually kept me in mind! Most recruiters don't do that!!

So today I went for my in person interview and it went really well!

UPDATE: It has been about a month since I applied, but 2 business days after my in person interview - I received an offer! Yay!

Very impressed with the process. It's been very quick and everyone I have spoken with/interviewed with has been great!

Interview Questions

• "When did you have to deal with an angry customer?" and "Who has been the most difficult and frustrating customer you've dealt with?", oh and they asked "Have you ever had a challenging coworker? How did you deal with them?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - offer was firm, and fair since I have not worked in property management previously. I ended up getting $0.50 lower than the max for the position for previous sales and service experience though, so I don't feel cheated.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process with Equity residential was a smooth process. My first interview was over the phone with a recruiter and my second interview was in person with the regional manager for the property that they were recruiting for. Both the recruiter and the regional manager were thorough with giving me as much information about the company and the opportunity as possible as well as answering any questions that I had. In addition, I feel like not only did they make a great decision in choosing me for this opportunity but I made a great decision by accepting their offer and I am extremely excited to join the Equity Residential family.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Formal, met with a Regional Manager at the community I was interviewing for. We talked about the building and its history, challenges and demographic. We talked about the staff and any potential issues there. The we discussed my expectations on salary and any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges at my current position? What I consider to be my strength and weakness. I already worked for the company so I had insight into what they were looking for from me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process with an RM. Position was offered quickly after an intensive background check.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Irvine, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

After applying online, I interviewed over the phone with their recruiter. Two days later I interviewed with the Regional Manager, and the next day with the Vice President. The recruiter was great about walking me through the process and preparing me for what was to come next. The process was timely and they got back to me within a week. I was impressed with the level of comfort each person created in an interview scenario.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted their offer as is

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed first with the recruiter through Skype. Then I interviewed with several Regional Managers as well as the VP.
    They were moving a lot of people around so it took a while to find out if I had the job. I do feel that maybe communication could be slightly better on the recruiting side from my experience as well as speaking with peers.

Interview Questions

• My experience in Property Management. The challenges I may have had with a previous Manager. How I handle Managing people. Why do I want this job. Why should they pick me as a Manager when they mostly hire from within.   Answer Question

Equity Residential Response

Jun 17, 2015 – Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience during the recruiting process.

We are excited to have you working with us and appreciate your patience as we worked through interviews... More

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Very positive experience, interviewed with Regional Manager. Asked me a few tricky questions to determine wether or not I was a good fit or knew about some basics of the business

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Walking in the door at first, the people I interviewed with were great. I was required to fill out an application and bring it in when I went in to my interview at first. I went in for my first interview (for one of 2 staff accountant positions open), in which I met with 3 people separately. About a week and a day later I heard back, being asked back for a second round of interviews, with 3 more different people.
    It took about a week and a half and I heard back from HR saying I didn't get the position but that another slightly different staff accountant position had opened up and they were wondering if I would be interested in being considered for the position. Of course, I said yes, and I was required to fill out the exact same application a second time, but I wasn't about to say no. So I was scheduled to come in for another 2 interviews. I went in for the first of the two interviews that day and the person I met with was stumbling through the interview, excusing herself because she hadn't interviewed anyone for a while. She the proceeded to get my hopes up extremely high by saying things like "you will be working with," "you will be doing...," and various other comments. Then I asked her what the next steps in the interview process was and she let me know that I was the only person being interviewed for the position and that everyone I had met with before had all spoken highly of me in the interviews they had with me. She said her and the other interviewer that day would meet later and talk about the interviews they had with me and I would be hearing back. Well, to my surprise, as you can imagine, I never heard back from the company. A week went by, nothing... I thought, okay, I need to wait, another 3 or 4 days went by and I decided, okay, I'm going to email HR and just see if they are in the process of making a decision. I got no response. I then decided to call HR another week after that, and I got no response what so ever.. I was very disappointed in the company. That is a terrible way to do business.

Interview Questions

• Each interview was very simple, no difficult or unexpected questions, everything was more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for two jobs. I had a phone interview with the HR person a few weeks after I originally applied. For the first analyst job I applied for, it took them six more weeks to decide who to interview, and I wasn't chosen. However, the HR person said I could interview for the other analyst job, which I did in-person. Apparently there would've been a second in-person interview, but I wasn't a finalist.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. The initial interview was more about figuring out if you fit in with potential coworkers than your actual qualifications.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Redmond, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple, basic questions nothing out of the ordinary. I had a phone screen which the recruiter asked basic questions and then I moved forward to interview with the community manager. The interview wasn't different from the phone screen. The questions weren't the same but they didn't change in difficulty. Mainly a lot of behavioral and personality questions.