Equity Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Equity Residential

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Process felt professional and organized. I was screened through the phone first, and immediately set up with an in person interview. Met with the Regional Manager and shortly had a call for the offer (within a week). I also had a second phone interview with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Property management related questions. I am already in the industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Boston, MA) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral once a Leasing Consultant position became available. A recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview, and I interviewed with her via phone.

Property Manager Interview

Interview

I had met an employee at a career fair. Afterwards, I followed up with her about internships and she referred me to this job. A few months later I got an email about an interview. It was just a Skype call. Very conversational, but it almost felt to informal.

Energy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Chicago, IL) in July 2019.

Interview

Extremely slow process, they don't respond for weeks even after the interview which is unprofessional. I interviews a few months ago and I still have not received my expense reimbursement check. Not sure what the hold up is, it wasn't even a large amount. I'm glad I didn't get the job here.

Interview Questions

• What are the different ways to identify a system that's increasing its energy consumption.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview with corporate office. Interviewer asked general questions such as tell me about your background etc. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. An appt will be scheduled to interview with the onsite community manager or/and asst manager.

The interviewer didn’t talk much about the culture of the company. Based on my interview assessment, Equity focuses on sales over client relations. They will like to maximize revenue as much as possible but keep lease retention high. Equity is a great company! I’ve admired this company for quite along time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   Answer Question
    • Give an example where you faced conflict within a work environment and how did you overcome the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

This was one of the best interview experiences I’ve had hands down. Spoke with a friendly member of the recruiting group in NY over the phone first before being invited in to meet the lead recruiter. The interview was more like a conversation where time was taken to truly get to know me and find out what was important to me regarding my career aspirations. I felt so assured and motivated from this conversation which made me want the job for so many more reasons than I had originally thought. It was very obvious that this company cares about who they hire and more so about making sure that the company is right for them.

Interview Questions

• How would you train someone to do your current job now? How do you stay organized? What do you do for fun? How would you deal with a difficult customer? What causes you stress? What’s your approach to sales? How do you make a customer’s experience remarkable?   Answer Question

Equity Residential Response

Feb 25, 2019 – Operations Specialist

Hello, and thank you so much for taking the time to share your interview experience! We are huge fans of our recruiting team in the NY office, and are so happy to hear that you felt the same way, and that your interview experience made you excited to join our team. We are so glad that you chose Equity, and hope that you are enjoying the ride so far - we can't wait to see what you accomplish from here!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

The recruiter first reached out via email to set up a phone interview. She was warm and friendly and the phone interview was more of a screening rather than an interview. A couple of days later she reached out again to set up the 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. This interview was a little more in-depth and lasted about an hour.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Equity finds a lot of people at job fairs. Bring a resume and be prepared for on the spot preliminary interview. Dress for success. You cannot have a criminal record of any kind and you should know all your previous employers, home addresses etc.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions. Describe a time when you encountered a customer who was upset and turned the situation around.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Washington, DC) in May 2018.

Interview

Easy interview process. First was a Phone interview with a recruiter followed by an in person interview with recruiter and regional manager. Basic interview questions. Very laid back and conversational.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Ask basic Customer Service questions. Interview ends with them asking you to write a moc email thanking someone for touring the apartment. The interview usually consists of someone from recuriting and another employee.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an unhappy resident who received bad customer service?   Answer Question