Equity Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process from start to finish was very professional. It started with a phone call gauging my interest in the company, and just a general questionnaire. I was then brought in for an interview with one of the recruiters/hiring managers; during this face to face interview, he gave me a very detailed job description of what would be expected of me, company standards, and opportunities. It was pleasant, yet professional interview, that set the standard for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about equity residential? What do you bring to the table? How are your prior experiences relative to this position? What do residents needs or expect?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying online through a job board site I received a call from their HR person who asked me a few questions regarding why I was interested, asked me about my work history, etc. She the asked me to come to a face to face interview with a manager from a different location than the one I was applying for. We had a really fun interview. They were very personable and made me relax. The questions were situational /behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to juggle competing and conflicting priorities. What did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and laid back. Intereviewer seemed perfectly content simply getting a feel for my personality, rather than harping on specific qualifications. Was very positive and we both shared time speaking.

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Hayward, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews before being offered the job a guy called to schedule the interview from their recruiting sector he was very pleasant and polite phone interview was awesome we giggled like school girls she was from corporate very upbeat and positive she called me the following day to follow up with a second interview in person with a property manager and my phone interviewer on a skype call at their corporate office in SF both were very kind Everyone I came in contact with in the building greeted me and smiled. Very comfortable atmosphere I was very nervous this is a new career for me but they made me feel welcomed

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for the company?   1 Answer
    • If you can change anything about your previous positions, what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wanted to work closer to home but I didn't even have to vocalize it! During my second interview the property manager said "I see you live far and don't drive, we have positions near your home sonits less of a commute" And they dropped down the Skype call revealing a map where he typed in my location and delivered my daily estimated commute time. I really felt they cared for me as a person and not just an applicant.

My advice is to just be yourself they are looking to hire diversity and there is only one of you so your already wining! Good luck out there on your job hunts!

Property Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I submitted my written application through my college career center portal. The recruiter reached out to me via email to ask if I'd be attending the career fair the following day. We met at the fair and we arranged an interview for the day after. Then there was the in-person interview and a phone call a couple weeks later to catch up and receive my verbal job offer

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a setting when a resident is upset about a late fee?   Answer Question

IT Support Analyst Interview

Interview

I got a phone call from HR followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was followed by an in person interview at the corporate headquarters. I was interviewed by 5 people differently.
    I see this as a waste of time cause they didn't make a decision until after three weeks.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Very thorough interview process, I was asked very detailed questions regarding my experience and the job I was interviewing for. In the interview they had the recruiter who contacted me initially and a manager from the sites. I think this is smart since the recruiter is not always someone who has on-site experience and this offers valuable insight into whether someone can handle the demands of the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not reach a goal and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

i was contacted by a recruiter through indeed, interviewed twice over the phone and once in person, received an offer then had to wait for the background check and drug screen results

Interview Questions

• how could i apply the skills in my previous work history to this position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Redmond, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple, basic questions nothing out of the ordinary. I had a phone screen which the recruiter asked basic questions and then I moved forward to interview with the community manager. The interview wasn't different from the phone screen. The questions weren't the same but they didn't change in difficulty. Mainly a lot of behavioral and personality questions.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with Equity Residential for a different position, but I noticed that the HR Coordinator opportunity was open, so I decided to pursue that opportunity instead.

The phone interview was basic. An in-depth description of the company and the position. Additionally, the woman I spoke with on the phone asked a few basic questions to ensure I was ok with the requirements of the position.

I went in for an in-person interview a few weeks later, and I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with the hiring manager and recruiter. I am waiting to hear back about the status of my application.

Unfortunately, I did not receive a job offer from Equity Residential for this position (lack of HR Experience), but I received a wonderful phone call from the hiring manager. She explained the situation and told me that I would be a great fit for their organization. The hiring manager asked if I was interested in another position, so I may interview for a field position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Equity Residential? Tell me about a time you dealt with conflict. What would your previous supervisor say your strengths and weaknesses are? Are you familiar with our culture? How do you handle constant change? How do you handle a heavy workload? How do you handle stress, and what stresses you out?   Answer Question