Era Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2018

3.8

Community Health Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Era Living (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

arrived on time. taken to the back room. interview took 30 minutes. I had tour at the facility. The director was nice and welcoming. I was comfortable answering questions.

Community Relations Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Era Living (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed first with the Executive Director of the specific community where the position was located, second with the home office, and finally with members of the team I'd be managing. The home office interview was rigorous and involved a number of scenario-based questions. On-site interviews at the community focused on general fit and suitability.

Interview Questions

• The home office interview included role-play questions based on potential customer interactions and dug into how I might deal with specific challenges.   Answer Question

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Era Living (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Showed up 30 minutes earlier, and interview started earlier as well. Staff is extremely friendly and interviewer was very straightforward about standards of employees. After interview, I completed the job application and left. Interview took between 30-45 minutes and includes tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself
      Q:describe a conflict between a coworker and how you resolved   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Era Living (Seattle, WA).

Interview

More about culture and people skills and less about job knowledge. Era is very focused on a person's ability to interact with fellow employees and the residents. They are willing to train for specifics

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Era Living (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Lengthy process and multiple interviews in addition to testing- the delays contribute to loss of good candidates. First screen was with outsourced firm, then application, testing , more interview and finally site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nonexistent

Management Interview

Interview

The interview process was a detailed in-person panel interview with a number of the Era Living leadership team. The interview was challenging but was aligned with what should be expected at a professional interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were challenging, based on the experience, skills, and abilities needed for the position.   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Era Living (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Extremely long and interviewed with people that has never done the job! The guy that over IT really!!! They ask questions that are so far behind the time! Where did they get this process?

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Era Living (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Generally an appropriate interview - however time of interview and length deemed to be inappropriate. Interview started just before lunch and ended after 4 PM . After a 2-3 week waiting period the job was declined - it was seem that the company was pumping me for ideas rather then consider my perceived weaknesses and then provide me with coaching/training while in the role.

Interview Questions

• Interesting process with scenario questions and 'role playing' relative to sales & marketing   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I had two phone interviews with the recruiter in the HR department before being called in for an in-person interview with the rest of the HR team and the payroll coordinator. Everyone was extremely friendly and I immediately felt at-ease. I spent approximately 60 minutes with the HR team and payroll coordinator, then met with the controller for another 60 minutes or so. I received a call the very next day saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my three strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Administrative Services Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Era Living (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Incredibly long and drawn out. From phone interview to final decision it was about 2.5 months. I did a half hour phone interview, an hour long on-site interview, a two-hour-long interview with their corporate office and another on-site interview that took about an hour and a half. After my interview with corporate they decided to hire an internal candidate for the first location (despite telling me explicitly that they didn't have an internal candidate) and wanted me for a different location that was going to require a separate interview. After each interview it was about a week in between without any communication. They gave me a job offer after 8 weeks but only told me at that point that I would need to cover my tattoos at all times. (I have small tattoos on my wrists.) This was not mentioned at any point in the interview process where I had them visible for a total of about 4 hours in person - and I've found out since then that they have many employees with visible tattoos.

Overall I feel like I got jerked around a lot and the process was incredibly draining and stressful only to have my offer be contingent on an issue that I wasn't anticipating. I turned down the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who you needed to reprimand multiple times? Role play.   Answer Question

They gave me a job offer but only told me at that point that I would need to cover my tattoos at all times. (I have small tattoos on my wrists.) This was not mentioned at any point in the interview process where I had them visible for a total of about 4 hours in person - and I've found out since then that they have other employees with visible tattoos.