Erie Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.8

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Erie Insurance Group (Harrisburg, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Five weeks after applying online I was contacted to come in for an interview. I interviewed with two managers. I had to do some online testing that took about 2 hours. Two weeks after the initial interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do about it.   1 Answer

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Erie Insurance Group (Erie, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then they called me to come in for a face to face interview. This process took about three weeks. Before the phone interview they ask you to take a personality test and answer a few general questions. Before the in person interview you take a typing and data entry test along with another personality test. The phone interviewer was straight to the point and spent a lot of time going over the details on the job.
    Arriving there everyone was nice and the building was clean and well maintained. First they take you back and go over the benefits of the job, the woman was very nice and easy to talk to. Like others said it is weird they give you a benefits package and you haven't got the job yet. Then I went to interview with two people from the department I will be working in, they were nice. I was slightly nervous.

Interview Questions

• How did you explain something the customer was not able to understand   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Erie Insurance Group (Erie, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the internship in early September of 2016. Received a call to interview at the beginning of October. It started with a half-hour interview with two interviewees and was interviewed from one HR and one IT Supervisor, then split up the two interviewees into an IT team of three people from IT Managers and Supervisors.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why IT?
      2. If we were to ask your friends or family, how would they describe you?
      3. Why Erie Insurance?
      4. Tell us a time when you failed and how you'll do better next time.
      5. When was a time you exceeded expectations?
      6. Give an example of a group project and describe your role and time frame of the project.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Erie Insurance Group in October 2016.

Interview

Half an hour interview, non-technical. Mainly about your goals and experience. Typical personality questions on a board, give you time to ask questions at the end. Not difficult at all.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Erie Insurance Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got an interview through a school career fair. The interview was very basic, asking mostly questions based on my resume. No technical Questions really came up. The guy I interviewed with was very friendly, and the interview was more of a conversation.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Erie Insurance Group (Erie, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very professional process! Began with test taken online prior to actual interview to assess personality and skill sets. Interview process was nicely structured involving Human Resources and all levels of employees and management in the department to which I was applying. All involved were very professional and made me feel very comfortable! Whole process took about 3 1/2 hours. I would like to work there after my experience!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did something that you may have regretted and how did you handle this?   1 Answer

Property Adjuster II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Erie Insurance Group (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Applied on company website. Received a call 4-5 weeks later offering to interview me. Met with who would become my supervisor, the property manager and manager of the branch. Interview was cordial and not hard. Discussed insurance related topics, life, etc. Had to take a 30 minute online personality test as well. I did have to return for a 2nd interview to meet them all again. I was then offered before I left.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Erie Insurance Group.

Interview

They were extremely comforting and not intimidating at all. They did not ask me hard questions like I was expecting. The interview probably lasted 15 minutes. They are looking for specific type of person for each job so know what they are looking.

IT Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Erie Insurance Group (Erie, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Called by HR to schedule an interview. First interview basic interview questions. Called back for second interview. Extremely comfortable environment and basic interview questions yet again. First interview was panel with two people (three scheduled) and second was one on one.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Erie Insurance Group (State College, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy with three people interviewing me at once. They were courteous and kind also they seemed very easy to talk to. Be straightforward and smile and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Who would you say is your idol?   1 Answer