Expeditors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expeditors Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2018

2.6

Agent Interview

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Reviewed what they do and asked applicable questions about you. They looked at personality as well as the technical skills and background. The hiring process was very quick and through the phone.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expeditors (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

too many interviews. Probably went up there 5 times. DO NOT RECOMMEND. Please stay away. It's a waste of time. salary is super low. You will have better luck applying elsewhere.

Agent - Export Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expeditors (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Both hiring managers I spoke with were extremely professional. They gave me a tour around the office and were very personal. They were more then happy to answer all my questions about the industry.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Multiple Interviews - 4+
    Each interview was with someone new within the office. Started with supervisors and went up to the District Manager
    All of the interviews seemed really generic and didn't seem like they knew where to place me. Had multiple interviews on the same day and I ended up waiting in the conference room while they rounded up new people to ask me the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of customer service background did I have?
      How would I deal with difficult customers?
      Knowledge of technology suites   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a email from the Manager because my reference had forwarded my resume. Met the Manager in person. The office is clean and huge. Everyone dresses professionally. Make sure dress well for the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expeditors (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very laid back and casual. I interviewed with the manager and supervisor and both were very impress with my past work experience and computer knowledge. Both managers showed interest in me and I figured I would've got the job. Unfortunately I never received a call back or email indicating if I got the job or not. Better communication with that process would've been nice. Nonetheless, seemed like a great company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

My experience started with a company-wide presentation geared for new graduates at their branch in Kent. With a rep from each of their divisions present; each rep gave a run down of their department and what an internship would look like and the prospect of being hired on after completing it.
     After the presentations (1.5 hours later) open interviews were held and you were assigned with a random Exp employee for a short 15 minute interview were they evaluate your skills and intelligence level.
     Then I was contacted by phone by one of the department heads and conducted another short interview this time over the phone - I was offered an interview in person. I was interviewed by two associates and asked the usual type interview questions and evaluated for industry knowledge. They wanted to know about my past job experiences and how I work under pressure. I did well, and they made me an offer for an internship.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about air export in the U.S., please explain?   1 Answer

The internship offered was poorly structured and the compensation was well below market w/ no incentives, in addition the corporate culture seemed very rigid and off putting.

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (Humble, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I had two interview both went easy there were no technical questions asks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no just accepted the way it was

Air Export Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview

Applied through school career center. Got a call about 2 days after and scheduled first interview for a group interview with 3 people: 1 peer, 1 supervisor, 1 manager. Very basic questions like how did you know about us, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. Scheduled second interview a couple days after for the following week. Was interviewed by branch and district manager separately in that second round and was notified was offered the position a few days after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA).

Interview

HR phone screen and after that I was called by Manager for in person. There was manager and one other person during the second interview. Most questions were behavior and scenario type and questions on resume. I was told beforehand that it would be light technical. After the interview they did not do the third and final one because they felt I lacked the technical experience. It was frustrating for me because I spent few hours prepping for the technical part and it sort of went to waste. Seems like a good company to get into though because there are no layoffs and they seem to have a good culture.