Expeditors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.6

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA).

Interview

When I arrived, I sat in the lobby area for a few minutes. The employee that I had been in contact with for the position came to the lobby to walk me to what looked like a team meeting room. I was interviewed by two employees from the HR team and the interview was pleasant. Definitely helped with the nerves that comes with an interview. They were very nice and friendly. Interested in my background and where I hope to go in my career. Wanted to get to know me it seemed and asked questions about the content of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I had to use time-management skills. What tools did I use to help manage my time?
      Strengths & Weaknesses questions
      Answer Question

Customs Broker Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expeditors (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screening a week later. Went for 3 in-person interviews meeting different members of their team and their lead. Personality interview, no technical background required.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Basing this interview on never receiving and sort of response. Reached out to recruiter several times after interview, received no response.

Interview felt like it went well, so I was very surprised by the outcome. This causes me to have a very bad opinion of the company. What makes it slightly worse is this was their headquarters.

Can base this review on my own experience. Good luck!

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expeditors in May 2017.

Interview

Attended career fair at school, then applied. Got an email to schedule a phone interview a week later, then have a phone interview a week after that. Didnt proceed after that though.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process was completely convoluted. In the time I applied and completed two interviews and waited on the final decision (still waiting) I applied, interviewed, completed an extensive background check, and accepted an offer from a Fortune 100 in the area.

This company has antiquated views on talent management that caused me to waste my time. Their lengthy process was only tolerable because I had another offer from another company.

Furthermore, their IT infrastructure is still in the Jurassic period.

They asked me to build a roadmap and bring it to the interview. Then proceeded to not have a way to view it. Super JV and a waste of my time.

Hands down though I don't respect people without integrity and multiple times they missed their own deadlines in the hiring process, which caused me to do two separate interviews where they asked the same questions.

In a decent job market, apply elsewhere. You deserve better than wearing suits to work and working on antiquated project (who is still building data centers?!).

Interview Questions

• What type of people do you like to work with?

What attracted you to this company?

Tell us about a time you met a difficult deadline?
      Answer Question

Cargo Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normandy Park, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expeditors (Normandy Park, WA).

Interview

I was invited for an initial interview, which went very well. I was then invited back for a second interview and I feel my skills and experience were intimidating to the two gentlemen on my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical, predictable questions.   1 Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (New York, NY).

Interview

5 rounds of interviews including the initial HR screening. The various rounds involve meeting with various tiers of leadership in-country as well as leaders based in the US and the regional offices. Questions ranged from discussions on behavioral based questions, case interviews to basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage this given the circumstances and challenges?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was conducted with the HR.

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and was referred by a friend. Had a phone interview within a few days and then a in-person interview a week after. Pretty standard questions, and interview lasted 2 hours. They were pretty professional and really concentrated on behavior questions as it was an entry-level job and they hire for attitude and train for aptitude.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with customers that do not understand a process?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate much but they definitely encourage it so don't be afraid to negotiate!

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online for Seattle location. Phone interview scheduled after a week. The phone interview consists of both behavioral as well as technical questions. Usual behavioral questions technical was pretty easy. The syntax did not come on top of my head so, messed up. Interviewer explained more about their company and talked about the opportunities inside the company for long term. Great Company to work.

IS Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview/screening conducted, typical questions. They contacted me by email two days afterward to set up an interview on site.

The screening agent met me in the lobby, and led me up to introduce me to the interviewers. Two pairs of interviewers asked the usual questions. Humor went over well, as did a genuine interest in the role. The second pair gave me a timed written test, which focused on SQL coding but didn't require a thorough knowledge of the subject. Was contacted by email the next day to set up a second interview for the following week.

Two days before the second interview I received a call with a job offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a troubleshooting situation you have had with a past customer. How did you work through it?   Answer Question