Explore Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Explore Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Explore Schools

3.5

Special Projects Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Schools.

Interview

I sent in my resume and received an email inviting me to a phone interview. I was given one day's notice to the intial interivew. I was able to figure out a time that worked for both of us. The interview was 30 minutes long, the person calling me was 5-10 minutes late in calling. She asked a lot of questions. The interview was very quick paced. The questions were mostly typical interview questions, some scenario questions. She asked me very specifically about how I see myself in the job description.

Special Projects Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

When I had heard from Explore Schools, I was originally being considered for Purchasing Associate. However, after speaking with a recruitment coordinator, I ended up being considered for the higher position of Special Projects Coordinator based on my experience and my phone interview. In the long run, this was to my detriment.

I received a phone interview a few days after submitting my resume to their online portal. The phone interview was relatively easy, asking why Explore Schools and why I would be good. They were looking for someone organized and proficient, so it seemed. After my phone interview, I was asked to interview in person. To prepare for the interview, I was asked to do a pre-interview project consisting of a regular task for a Special Projects Coordinator. It was an individual interview with three different team members of the operations team with Explore Schools. I connected very well with the woman who would have been my boss, but the other two individuals did not seem as open and as receptive. We spoke a decent amount about my project, which was useful. Although, I did not receive any feedback necessarily on my work. However, they were all very nice to speak with and the interview went well overall. I felt confident leaving the interview, even though I knew I was definitely under-qualified.

Being chosen to interview for the higher position was great since I had experience, just not enough. In the long run, I wish I was just considered for Purchasing Associate.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize yourself? They are looking for a specific and extensive answer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a positive experience. It was a good dialogue about my background and experiences as an educator. It last for about two hours, yet it could have gone on for days! I received really good feedback on my demo lesson.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Explore Schools (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very kind and friendly. I learned a lot about the school and the expectations for teachers. I met a lot of different teachers. Everything was well communicated.

The interview process was quick. I lived out of state and the company was ready to work with my schedule.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Phone interview asking traditional questions regarding pedagogy, classroom management, culture, and teaching critical thinking. In-person interview was 3 hours long! It included a demo lesson and a long debrief, during which they worked with me to dismantle and rewrite my lesson. They did this to see how flexible I would be working with a team on similar tasks to make lessons stronger.

Interview Questions

• They asked very specific questions about each part of my resume (even my early career) and showed genuine interest in my responses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was required to demonstrate a teaching plan before student services personnel and management. I began the interview by giving a little information about myself and my teaching experience. I was asked some case scenario questions and then presented my teaching plan. I was critiqued and told that a decision would be made and I would receive a call if they were going to move forward with a teaching job offer.

Interview Questions

• what if any would I say was the most difficult aspect about teaching?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Explore Schools (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I was asked to reflect upon my own educational experience, and what I could bring to the school. The interview was primarily about my past experiences and how I would use those to inform my behavior should I be hired.

Interview Questions

• What are two things not on my resume that speak to my ability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Connected quickly via email, then phone interview. Shortly after was called for an in class demonstration, meeting with Principal and Academic Managers. Job offer the same day. Benefits and salary information within one week.

Interview Questions

• Experience working with large groups of students and how to cater lessons to those who are struggling to keep up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview first, then came in for a demo lesson. Demo consisted of teaching, then reviewing and giving commentary on the lesson. The interviewer was the Supervisor for the position, and had been a school teacher as well, so it was easy to speak with her.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explore Schools.

Interview

The whole process was lengthy. Initially started with a phone interview. That consisted of many questions however it was interesting and challenging. I was asked back for a demo and in person interview. The interviewers spent most of the time on their phones or talking about themselves. It did not feel like a collaborative or positive setting to be a part of. They wanted to keep talking about their latest accomplishments and how they both got promoted.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that students met the intended lesson objective?   Answer Question