Explore Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Explore Schools

3.5

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The process was typical, in the beginning. I was giving a phone interview with some general questions. I was asked to submit a time sensitive assessment a few days later. There was a minor mix up with the assessment but overall it was fine and the recruiter was super responsive and helpful in getting it sorted.

My ambivalence took a turn for the worst during the in-person part of the interview. There were three- members from the school and one seemed particularly pressed to "stump". While I (somewhat) understand the use of role play, it dominated most of the interview time and became awkward. I was critiqued for my acting skills? Again, it felt like it was purposefully meant to be a 'gotcha' moment. One interviewer claimed my assessment submission was, in his words "simplistic"-- which in all fairness it could have been. I was clear from the outset, I hadn't worked in a charter school and had little familiarity with the metrics. He came back to that point several times, leading me to wonder, Why was I called in at all? It felt unnecessary to keep saying that given that I was offered an interview. The role play centered on aggressive parent interactions and hostile faculty. Jeez. It wasn't any bit inspiring or visionary. By the end of the two- hours, I didn't want to be there anymore.
    If this was by any measure what parents were experiencing, it's not hard to understand the frustration.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a parent getting upset and in your face?   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Schools (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

20 minute phone interview, followed by a 90 minute demo lesson/second interview. All materials are provided. There's a lot of information that was given to me for the Demo lesson. I was told that the principal and another teacher would be in attendance.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Schools (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was challenging but doable! Everyone was super supportive and encouraging! They really challenge you to be your best and help you along the way! Additionally, the staff was super professional and friendly!

Interview Questions

• What drew you to our school?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Schools in September 2019.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. There was a phone interview at first. Then I went in for an in person interview with the principal and the superintendent. I was suppose to get a tour that never happened. There were many role play activities during the interview .

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explore Schools (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME! Received a email 24 hours after applying to the position for a phone interview the following day. HR rep called me 10 minutes late. Asked a series of basic interview questions. Informed me that the next steps would consist of an at home excel exercise. Then if that goes well, an in school interview with a the operations team. Phone interview lasted about an hour. HR rep said they would contact me in a week. I reached out a week later to only get an automated rejection email an hour after I sent an email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me a time where you felt that you dropped the ball in your career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Connected quickly via email, then phone interview. Shortly after was called for an in class demonstration, meeting with Principal and Academic Managers. Job offer the same day. Benefits and salary information within one week.

Interview Questions

• Experience working with large groups of students and how to cater lessons to those who are struggling to keep up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Explore Schools (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I was asked to reflect upon my own educational experience, and what I could bring to the school. The interview was primarily about my past experiences and how I would use those to inform my behavior should I be hired.

Interview Questions

• What are two things not on my resume that speak to my ability?   Answer Question

Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I worked with a recruiter who did the initial screening. I submitted my coverletter and resume and was then asked to complete a performance task. I was given a week to complete the task. After review of my work, I was asked to come in for an interview. I met with 3 members of the staff and answered a variety of thoughtful questions about who I am and how I work.

Interview Questions

• What are my long term career goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Phone interview asking traditional questions regarding pedagogy, classroom management, culture, and teaching critical thinking. In-person interview was 3 hours long! It included a demo lesson and a long debrief, during which they worked with me to dismantle and rewrite my lesson. They did this to see how flexible I would be working with a team on similar tasks to make lessons stronger.

Interview Questions

• They asked very specific questions about each part of my resume (even my early career) and showed genuine interest in my responses.   Answer Question

High School Placement Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Schools in May 2017.

Interview

Did a brief phone screening, and then waited a week before they sent me a Pre-Interview Project to do. After I sent that in, it took them 3 weeks to say they wanted a video interview with me. After the video interview, they waited two weeks before they told me I didn't get the job.