Extended Stay America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

1.9

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Woburn, MA).

Interview

Was told that we are a "family" and we help each other with tasks that need to be done. Found this not to be the case. "family" atmosphere may be the case but the tasks that are assigned are requirements not optional.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work nights and weekends.   3 Answers

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Marlborough, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interviewed directly with GM. He was very thorough in providing job description and very informative regarding benefits. Explained the benefits of career advancements within the organization and detailed his own advancement within the company. Relaxed atmosphere

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work as a Front Desk Agent?   1 Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process did not take as long as I thought. It was about 2 days after I put in my application, that I was called in for an interview. Every worker was so warm and welcoming. Although, the background check took the longest, it returned in just 2-3 weeks. I then started soon after the background check came in.

Interview Questions

• What makes me fit for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a short process. I am used to 30-40 minute long processes when it comes to interviews but I was hired within 5-10 minutes. successful interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Exton, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

By the book
    5-10 minutes convo
    If they direct you to the next step, you've got the job. If they say they'll call, you may not get it.
    I didn't not have prior hotel experience, but they offered me a front desk position instead of a house keeper because they told me my restaurant history could also determine my customer service.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

I was asked to come in for the interview I got there it was a very short interview, he asked me a few questions we talked about the job and he asked if I would be interested in another position he had open after that he asked me if I had any questions for him

Housekeeper Interview

Interview

Interview with assistant manager went well.She said she liked me and would get a call in 2 or 3 days and never heard back from anyone it's been 2 weeks.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The recruiter for NorCal was pleasant and professional to work with. When I was presented and contacted by the senior regional director, I found her extremely unprofessional. She made appointments but was distracted and rescheduled numerous times. When I met her in person she was on the phone again, talking to me while she was on the phone. She left the interview a few times to call someone and used intimidation. I was not intimidated, I was not impressed, at all. I really wanted to leave 5 minutes in!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview and In person interview. The interview consisted of a number of questions for about an hour. I met with the Assistant Manager and General Manager. Prior to meeting with them I conducted a phone interview which was successful

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience do you have   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Urbandale, IA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by ESAs corporate recruiter, then she set up an interview with the Regional Manager. The interview took place at the property with the Regional Manager. A short tour followed, he said I would be updated after a couple days.

Interview Questions

• Hiring of staff members has been an issue   1 Answer