Extended Stay America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Extended Stay America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.9

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America.

Interview

Two interviews. The first one was with a member of the FPA team, and the second one was a call in with two VPs. In all, the interview and hiring process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions in the first interview. The more technical questions about my familiarity with finance came in the second interview   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The process took 1 day. I went in for an interview. Gave my availability and I was hired on the spot. The interviewer was very nice. She informed me how Extended Stay is a great company to work for and hires from within.

Interview Questions

• Where would I like to be in 5 years?
      Explain background
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Durham, NC).

Interview

It was easy. Will you be available during the week and on the weekends. Because they stay busy. And do have a good eye for detail and time management. As long as your available and your background is clean and have a good attitude you basically have the job and you are through the door.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

It was a pretty laid back interview. Not at all intimidating. Met with the general manager in a room and just talked. The interview itself took about, maybe, 45 minutes.

Night Audit/Laundry, Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Anchorage, AK) in January 2017.

Interview

Took me into the conference room and asked about my previous experience. Told the interviewer about myself, where I've worked before, and how long I've been working. What kind of positions I'm interested in, full-time/part-time, etc

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Roseville, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Absolutely the worst interview process I've ever experienced. Please read this review if you are applying to this location and BEWARE OF MANAGEMENT.

The interview itself went very well; the manager was friendly and the conversation flowed. He let me know that the Housekeeper position became unavailable, so he offered me the Porter position instead which is basically maintenance work. While this is definitely not what I wanted, I accepted the position and interviewed for that instead. At the end of the interview, I was basically told that I would get the job and I would soon get a job offer and was asked to promptly accept it within a time frame. This is where everything went downhill.

I never got an offer. I checked the portal several times and still did not see anything - so I emailed the manager. After a day, he replied and said to call him within a specific timeframe in the morning to talk about the position. The next day I called him within that timeframe and he didn't answer. I emailed and called AGAIN to let him know that I "apologize" for missing him even though I called within his timeframe. He ignored that as well. So, I decided to physically go into the hotel in an effort to confront him on why he's straight up ignoring me, but he wasn't there so I asked the front desk to leave a sticky note to call me about the position. Again, the manager intentionally ignored this as well.

It's one thing to not send an offer to a potential employee, but it's an entirely different thing to imply that they got the job and then ignore their attempts to reach out. I was genuinely interested in the position and was treated awfully by management. I cannot ever recommend this company. AVOID.

Interview Questions

• Can you do light maintenance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Walked in to a hiring event and talked to the assistant manager. Very sweet. Asked about 20 questions and met with the head houskeeper. Told me to look out for an email from her which basically meant I had got the job. I received the email after 3 days and was also sent a background check authorization form. That took a week to get back to them. After that He told me to come in in 2 days to start my training. I Was hired and working within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing that you would pay attention to while cleaning?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extended Stay America.

Interview

Standard multi-level management interview. You will be sold a lemon, however. About 1/4 of your day will be in the office and the rest will be spread sporadically around the hotel.

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (San Dimas, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call back for an interview within 3-5 days. Interviewed by the manager only and got the offer the same day. They were really short on people the day I arrived. The office looked hectic

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process went well.The hiring manager was very kind and it felt like i had known her for years. She had a lot of questions to ask me and she seemed like i would be the perfect fit for the job

Interview Questions

• Can I work in an environment where guest may get upset and curse me out?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation needed!