Extended Stay America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Carmel, IN) in April 2018.

Interview

Person that was going to interview me didn't show up or message me to tell me she wouldn't be there. Someone else from the district interviewed me. I was also told there was a huge turnover recently and then found out from coworker that the manager had started drama among the employees which lead them all to quit. The person who did interview was great and I would rather have worked for her.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a hotel?   1 Answer

Laundry Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Tampa, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

It was very easy. Trained for at least 1 week before you were left by yourself. Your attitude reflects the business . Working as a team is a plus at extended stay

Interview Questions

• Availability and Flexibility   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extended Stay America in May 2017.

Interview

I first applied online and within a week I had gotten a call from the hiring manager, I returned the call and had a on-the-fly interview. The interview process consisted of a phone screening with the hiring manager, then another with a department manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of your tasks in your previous internship?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for the position. We had an initial screening and scheduled the meeting with the hiring manager one week later. Hiring manager asked very vague questions and barely spoke throughout the interview so I wasn't sure if I was answering the questions with enough detail or if I was rambling.

Interview Questions

• How do you create a communication plan and how far in advance?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

I was called in for a face to face interview. Spoke with my soon to be Supervisor for about an hour. He showed me around the property. I told I'm what I did at my previous job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

It was a pretty laid back interview. Not at all intimidating. Met with the general manager in a room and just talked. The interview itself took about, maybe, 45 minutes.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (New York, NY).

Interview

Seems like a very disorganized company. Interviewed with a recruiter first, was told it went well and I would hear from someone else in 48 hours. After following up again 5 days later, was told the position was already filled. Okay, great. 3 weeks later, I get a phone call asking me to come in for an interview in person for the position I was told was already filled. I go anyways. Interviewer doesn't remember what position I was interviewing for. Was told I would hear back within a week. Followed up twice but nothing. Finally got a call 3 weeks later telling me that I was qualified and experienced but wanted to offer me a lesser position than what I had applied for. Never even interviewed with who would have been my supervisor for the position. Was told I could come in and shadow a general manager for a few hours and would receive the location information later that day. Never got the address of where to go and could not get in touch with the manager. Very unorganized upper management, seems like they need help but obviously don't want good candidates.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience managing a P&L?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Dayton, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

The process i found was very confusing I was not clear on if I even was going to work for a long time. It was ,unorganized,unclear, like it was the first time managers had ever hired someone and it was a long time before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Former employment when could I work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Cleveland, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was simple laid back very welcoming, nice property, discussed what is expected from me, gave background on our company, discussed the jobs qualifications, but never discussed the pay rate.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Dayton, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I met with the manager. She asked basic questions about my past jobs. What are my available hours. Roughly a week later I received an offer, and I accepted the offer, but the pay was not what we discussed in the interview. I am still looking forward to start the job, however I will bring up the pay rate.

Interview Questions

• What are my available hours?   1 Answer