Extended Stay America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

1. Featured Interview

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Chesapeake, VA) in September 2019.

Interview

There was an site interview, an online assessment and then there was a phone interview with HR. Very relaxed process. There was a waiting period as there is in almost every job.

Interview Questions

• The interview was conversation driven. Asked all relative questions pertaining to General Manager position.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy-I think, maybe 20 minutes. I applied was received a call for an interview on the same day. I was hired on the spot, partly out of desperation because there was a great need. I spoke with the manager and team lead.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

First, I had a phone screening with an HR recruiter. Then, I had an in-person interview with the manager then a final in-person interview with VP. Received a call back about 1 week after my interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your three strengths?   1 Answer

GSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (South Tacoma, WA) in September 2019.

Interview

Very professional and good detail to job description we discussed availability took a tour of the property I was very relaxed during the interview I was not nervous

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extended Stay America.

Interview

Short and sweet. Discussed passed experiences and how they will benefit yourself and the company. You have to do some research on the extended stay website to understand daily tasks

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Richmond, VA) in July 2019.

Interview

I got an email from submitting an application on ZipRecruiter to set up an interview. I set a date. When I arrived I was interviewed at the front desk. There were interruptions by customers since we were at the front desk and the manager was covering the position. She told me about what the position entailed and gave me the option of 3 positions. The weird part is that for the second shift the front desk agent is responsible for doing laundry on top of regular duties.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extended Stay America in June 2019.

Interview

Phone Interview for about 30 minutes. Very comfortable. More of a conversation then interview. asked great questions and provided a lot of information regarding the open position and the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Interview

The site manager of the specific hotel reads off a paper of questions about your interactions with people in the work place at previous jobs, and marks how applicable your answer is to the position.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Glendale, CA).

Interview

General Manager and District Manager will hold the interview. Referral is a plus. Also if you are already in the company they will help you grow with in the company. Chances of getting promoted are high if you have already worked for this company.

Interview Questions

• What contributions you will bring to the position?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extended Stay America.

Interview

I applied online and received an email in response from the manager. He very quickly and casually set up an interview for me a few days later. I went in to the interview and was made to wait for a while after our scheduled time because he was doing housekeeping work. When he finally came down, he didn’t ask me any questions, just when I was available. I told him my availability, which apparently fit because he immediately began giving me a tour. Then he asked me to sit in his “office” while he went to check on more housekeeping things. He had me fill out another application (which took a long time) and then started setting me up to give me the job, even though he never asked me if I actually wanted it or not. At the end he made me fill out a ton of paperwork, not completely explaining to me that it was accepting the job until I was finished. I felt extremely uncomfortable the entire time because he kept leaving and asking me to fill out various things and then I had to wait for him. Plus I felt extremely coerced into accepting the job at the end.