FMC Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Homer City, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Homer City, PA).

Interview

Was told exactly what was expected of me, they were straight with me and explained how much work there was and that I could not have off any days at end of month because if month end invoicing.

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Serious review of the job being applied for, including review of technical skills. This included a phone interview and an on-site review of technical skills. Group questioning from different specialties as well. Interview can be in face to face stage one and two, however mine only required one interview on-site.

Interview Questions

• Can you do the technical measurements with confidence now.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FMC Technologies.

Interview

The Interview process was very informative and helpful with good panel that consist of peers that select me for this wonderful challenge. The company is great and they have diversified product to serve the OIL & Gas sub-sea sector.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FMC Technologies.

Interview

Far too many people are involved in the interview process. I interviewed with 5 people in 3 separate trips and 3 separate buildings. Too many decision makers. The interviewers weren't very skilled in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in leaving my current employer.   1 Answer

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was quite easy. A phone screen from HR, followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a couple of potential team mates. A week later, was brought on-site for a lunch with the hiring manager and a shop tour and a panel interview with the entire team.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

After the initial phone screen, you are asked for a face to face with the hiring manager. If the hiring manager wishes to proceed and depending on the level of position, you are brought in to interview with HR and maybe the CIO. Scheduling and timing for this process takes months, so be patient.

I rated the interview process a negative experience, not because I did not receive an offer, but because of lack of communication. As an applicant, you are left in the dark as to where you are in the process, even though are are on of the top candidates. It makes it difficult as most of us are interviewing with other companies and most are transparent and open about their process and the candidate is more open and transparent about where they are in the interview/hiring process with other companies sometimes.

Part-time Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and received an email within a few days. I set up and interview that lasted 30 minutes. It was more of a conversation than grilling questions. We talked about travel and countries we have been to and would like to go to. I believe it was more of a personality gauge than anything. The next week I received my offer letter and instructions for a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      When do you graduate?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Ithaca, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted application both through campus recruiting and then the career website. Was selected for interview. Two big name engineers in the industry came and interviewed us. The day before the interviews we were told to come to a information session so we would know a little about the oil industry. Just understand that FMC Technologies is different than FMC Corporate which broke off.

Interview Questions

• Questions were strictly behavioral. Easy questions like name a confrontational situation with a boss type of questions.   Answer Question

Interview

Very short, informal interview. They give you minimal explanation of the Job Requirements ... But tell you after, it is sink or swim with them. Do not expect to be trained here. That is non existent if you are an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Not many. Get the Subsea Engineer's handbook.   1 Answer

HSE Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies.

Interview

First interview was great. The guy who was to be my supervisor was happy with my credentials and my safety mind set. However upon my Second interview the Safety Director seemed to be more concerned with whatever she was doing on her phone than to listen to what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• why should we not hire you?   1 Answer