FMC Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2018

2.8

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Informal meeting with the hiring manager was initiated, job was posted to the career page, Internal application via internal career site, interview meeting was set up by HR, then interview with the manager

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by a headhunter, then the hiring manager and then met with the team I would be working with. It went by fast and with in a few days I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase lasted longer than the interview phase.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is easy and quick. They start with a phone interview and eventually bring you in for an onsite interview if you make it through the phone interview. It is always very advantageous to know more about the company because they like candidates who know a lot about their company.

Interview Questions

• They try to see if you are really ready for the flexible nature of the job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was ok

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Very laid back and medium stress levels, actually took a liking to my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Looking at this chart ( had three panels) which one would you sacrifice?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

After the initial phone screen, you are asked for a face to face with the hiring manager. If the hiring manager wishes to proceed and depending on the level of position, you are brought in to interview with HR and maybe the CIO. Scheduling and timing for this process takes months, so be patient.

I rated the interview process a negative experience, not because I did not receive an offer, but because of lack of communication. As an applicant, you are left in the dark as to where you are in the process, even though are are on of the top candidates. It makes it difficult as most of us are interviewing with other companies and most are transparent and open about their process and the candidate is more open and transparent about where they are in the interview/hiring process with other companies sometimes.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Very easy, was asked mainly behavioral questions. 2 rounds phone screen and then in person interview. Called back week later with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview had behavioral questions and a technical question. It was very comfortable and one on one. Everyone I met seemed genuinely excited to work for the company. One week or less after the interview I received an email with an offer. The interview process was for one day to visit the campus and I received a walk around followed by the one on one interview. Safety was a must while we toured the facility. I was always warned to check to make sure I read signs and followed safety protocol.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult or unexpected questions asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies.

Interview

I was interviewed at a university for a summer internship position. I went through one interview and one month later I got an offer through email.

Interview Questions

• The interview was surprisingly technical. It was a 1:1 interview where they wanted me to talk about certain items on my resume and then the technical portion began. It involved one of their test components and tested me to see if I could think out loud.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FMC Technologies.

Interview

Interviewed by two Engineers, one asking typical behavior questions while the other handled the technical questions. Interview took about 45 minutes about 4 behavior questions and 5 technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Erie, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Had to apply online. Interview was with one HR rep, and two to three managers that you may interact with. Had many standard questions as well as situational/behavior scenarios.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a Union worker who was obviously not working, what would you do?   Answer Question