FXCM Financial Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FXCM Financial Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Three interviews. The first two were over the phone. They asked similar questions, though I was warned to be better prepared for the second round. They were interested in my understanding of the company and its services, my experience with forex as a trader, and the market in general. The second interview was with a team lead at the regional office and it went very well. I was able to answer questions about my background and how my experience and future goals made me a good candidate, as well as real world examples of major economic trends that affect the forex market and how one might place trades based on these trends.

The last interview was in person at the Dallas/Plano office, except the both interviewers were in other cities and we conducted the interview through a web cam. It was basically the same interview back to back, both candidates asked roughly the same questions. I believe if I had more experience with the market, or had prepared better for materials related to the series 3 tests as well as expanded my awareness of the company's products and services, I would have been able to answer more confidently the interviewers questions. That said, it was a bit odd to meet people and try to relate to them remotely, and I believe I could have done a better job of getting positive confirmation - like saying "does that make sense?" or "does that answer your question?", because when the interviewer agrees, they reinforce the truth of it in their own minds. It was something that slipped my mind during the strange process, which would have helped a lot. Body language is the majority of communication, and in a web chat situation, where you can't even look someone in the eye, you might have to add verbal cues to enhance understanding.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of markets - offer real world examples and how trades might be placed based off of them.
    Of course understand the news with the Fed, then Eu situation, China situation, and all the "hot" topic current issues. As a reference, this interview was conducted in Oct. of 2015.
    Personal history, who I am, my experience, goals, why I would be suited for the job. Trading experience if applicable.
    Knowledge of the company - this seems to be a starting question with a lot of the interviews, so I would recommend sort of nailing down an answer that sounds good - concise, but something that you can expand upon knowledgeably if given the chance.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FXCM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First contacted for phone screen by recruiter in late September the process took second step was a phone screen with the hiring manager which took 2 attempts and required me to reach out to FXCM to make the interview happen. Final interview was a week after this for a total of 4+ weeks. I thought overall that each interview was positive and was shocked that I did not receive an offer at the end. Despite the positive nature of these interactions I found FXCM to be quite unprofessional (calling/ walking in late, relying on me to contact them after they failed to call me, not terminating consideration earlier if they did not want to hire me). It is my hope that the hiring team will learn to treat its prospective hires with more respect in the future and not lead people on especially in an economy where jobs are hard to come by.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The first round of interviews was a typical HR Interview. Example, What makes you a great fit for this role. How have you responded with controversy in prior jobs, etc... 2nd Interview was with a team lead and we discussed monetary policy and other factors that determine market movements. The interview was really laid back and we discussed the position as a whole as well as my back ground.

Interview Questions

• How would a change in interest rates change the dollar value for a given currency   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was contacted to schedule a time for a phone interview. The interview was about 20-25 minutes. Before interviewing me, the interviewer from HR introduced the position and provided detailed information about the company's culture. But didn't get any feedback about the interview but one week after they said they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• First some basic behavior questions, and then asked things related to the company like: what do you know about FXCM and your expectations for the position; your knowledge about their platform and FX; how you going to help with customers with your knowledge.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online for the position, and then I was contacted for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview then I was interviewed by two people Managers from the department. After my interview the HR rep walked me out, and said that shell be in touch.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM in January 2014.

Interview

two phone interviews and one in person interview, were mostly testing my ability to speak since its is a client facing role.There were a few market questions, but very basic.

Interview Questions

• to describe macroeconomic events and the results of my demo account which they requested I signed up for   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with human resources and another phone interview with a project lead. I was invited for an in person interview and met with two managers, one via webcam. Interview questions were rather standard. They are looking for people who are especially interested in financial markets, and previous knowledge of or experience in FX is not necessary.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about you would explain financial concepts or events to clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter via my school's OCR. I received an e-mail roughly two weeks later asking for a phone interview.

The phone interview was a basic screening; resume walk-thru, why FXCM, etc. I also had to demonstrate an example of how economic events affected the Forex markets.

After passing the first phone interview, I was scheduled for a second phone interview with a team lead in San Francisco. This phone interview was another behavioral interview, with the interviewer asking why I wanted to work at FXCM and my resume. This time around I did not pass, and I assume it was because I was on the fence in terms of career aspirations. FXCM really stresses that they are looking for people that will be around for the long haul.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate your knowledge of how economic events affect the Forex markets.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR. It was not too challenging and fairly pleasant. Second technical phone interview was setup the day after the initial phone interview, to take place the following week with a Department Head in Sales. Between the first and second interviews I was informed about how shady the company was and how unhappy its staff are. It was not going to be a fit for me so I decided to withdraw my name from consideration.

Interview Questions

• They want amateur economists that they can pay pennies. The reason that I say this is because in the initial HR interview I was asked about recent global activity that affected the MKTs, asked to talk about a business or stock that I was following, and told that pay was 40-45k (I would not have expected any more than 40 from the conversation).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

This place is a nightmare... First an initial screening interview with an HR rep who I could tell didn't have a clue what was going on. She may have been new at the time, or at least I hope she was, because I could tell from our conversation that I knew more about the company than she did. I asked diligent questions which she didn't have the answers to.

After the initial screening I was scheduled for a phone interview with the team lead for the department. He asked typical interview questions and was very nice. It went well and a few days later I got a call from HR letting my know that they wanted to schedule an interview via web conference, this time with the team lead and VP of sales. This is the final round of interviewing. Again, it was a pleasant interview with the team lead, but the VP was incredibly rude and intimidating. He hardly ever even looked at me (the camera) when he asked me questions or when I was answering them. He seemed like he would have rather been anywhere else in the world than sitting in that room interviewing me. From the first moment of the interview he gave me the impression that I was a complete waste of his time. He couldn't have been more un-enthused. This made me very uncomfortable, and thank goodness it was a webcam interview and he couldn't see that he had me sweating bullets! When he turned the questioning over to me, I asked what the worst part of his job is and his response told me that he doesn't like seeing everybody "burned out" all the time. Clearly, employee morale is very low.

About 2.5 weeks later, I got a call and email from the HR rep telling me that they went with another candidate. This was after I followed up with a call and email to HR about a week after the final interview. It was a total waste of about 5 weeks of my time. I would have never bothered interviewing here if jobs weren't so hard to come by these days. It was a blessing I didn't get this job.

It was pretty clear to me throughout the process that the incompetence at this company is widespread. If I wanted to waste even more of my time on this company, I would continue to write a long, detailed review like others have. But instead, I'll just say the following: All the horrible reviews on this site are accurate. Avoid this place like it's the plague.

Interview Questions

• After telling the VP that I trade options, he asked me to explain how they can mitigate risk, and to do so in lay terms. He basically told me I failed because I started talking about the Greeks which the layman doesn't understand.   Answer Question