FXCM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2018

2.8

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

One interview which consisted of interviewing with five market specialists. Do not try to talk about something you do not know, because they will call you out on it. Give you an article to read and interpret; basically you read it and they say , "go". Must be able to articulate your skills and make sure you show them why you stand out.

Negotiation

Multimedia Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM in November 2013.

Interview

Was contacted very soon after submitting my application online by an internal recruiter. Had a 20 minute phone interview with said recruiter. Phone interview contained soft questions about my past experience. This was followed up by a one hour interview with the hiring manager where experience and ability was further discussed along with what the job would entail. Nothing too difficult to answer. I was asked to create a 30 video spot based on a voice over that was prerecorded. I was given 3 days to complete this assignment. The creation of the spot took about 6 hours to complete. In my opinion, its a little out of the ordinary to create such a piece for a prospective company. My merits have usually been judged on my past work presented in my portfolio. A week or two went by and I finally got an answer. I was told that I submitted a great piece one they felt "lead the pack", but the company recently instated a hiring freeze and could not hire at the time. I was told they would revisit the hiring for the position at the beginning of the year. Haven't heard from them, but I could care less. I felt like the people I dealt with were overall good people.

Interview Questions

• Would you create a video based on a voiceover we provide?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I arrived there was no manager available to interview me. In fact, they pulled one manager from his desk to do the interview and then he quickly asked me a few questions about my strengths and weakneses

Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

There were three levels of interview. Starting from the team leader level/VP who then determines if candidate is worthy to pass onto MD for second round of interview. If candidate gets past the second round, they are interviewed by the COO, David Sakhai.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with completely unqualified HR rep. Then in person interview with brand new "workload coordinators", who can't even answer your basic questions. Lastly, an interview with either local branch manager or MD in different location over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring here that other companies haven't seen from you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

The process starts with a telephone interview with the HR specialist. Once you've been vetted via telephone, you'll be invited to an in-person interview. I was asked to come in for the interview only 2 days after the phone interview.

The interview consisted of a portion with the HR specialists, a portion with the managers for the department and any other specialized team members (depending on the position applied for).

I received the job offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• The managers mostly wanted to get an idea of the kind of personality I had. They didn't ask any questions about my previous work experience or qualifications for the position.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

I was contacted by a human resources representative who was very friendly and conducted a phone interview. I was contacted a week later for a live interview. The live interview was composed of two sessions. The first session was a one on one interview with the division vice president. The second session was a panel/group interview with two vice presidents of the department. There was also a computer skills exam and an application exam. After the interview sessions, I was informed that I would be notified within 2 weeks if I qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Please provide information on a project/case/situation that you worked on very hard and failed. Also, describe why you think it failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base pay is nonnegotiable.

Web Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR representative that asked general questions about my resume. Good experience, representative was really positive and professional. It is important to know about what the company does and have your qualifications prepared.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email requesting a phone interview. The interview was standard - asked for work history, education history, etc. They described the opportunity and it was not a fit for my experience. The work culture did not sound like a fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question about my customer service experience even though I was applying for an analytical position.   1 Answer

Not a good fit for the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with FXCM and it was pretty strait forward. The lady on the other end was very nice. At first they asked me a lot about my self, what i was studying in school, as well as to walk them through my resume. They asked me about the current market and if i had any current investments. I told them yes and they followed up asking why i invested in them...

Interview Questions

• They asked if i had tried to make trades using the software they sent me.   1 Answer