FXCM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FXCM Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.8

Junior FX Dealer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

1 st Interview with human resource lasting only 3 minutes L O L
    2 nd Interview with the dealing team after 2 days I interviewed by human resource for half an hour

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Questions about the resume.   Answer Question

Client Ser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1st interview- Phone call with Recruiter from Texas office. She was very energetic. We didn't speak much she moved me to the 2nd interview on the phone.
    2nd Interview- In person interview in San Francisco, California office with Manager. He showed no emotion.
    3rd Interview- Phone call with Director of Client Services for United States

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY).

Interview

Group Interview, personal and past job performance questions are asked in a group setting. Because the situation is so awkward and tense a little bit of a comradeship develops with the other applicants even though you all want the job.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and immediately received an email to schedule a phone interview. Had about a 20 minute interview over the phone, and then was asked to come in person. The in-person interview was about an hour and was very practical, with some hypothetical type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a significant school project you worked on that is directly related to what you want to do in the future.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, interview was wonderful but haven't received further notifications yet. But it was 3 days ago so anyway, lets see what will happen. I later did a research on glassdoor that usually people get the followup interview with 3 person in office. Would like to know how long does it take, since it's been 3 days from when I heard from the recruiter. I felt good and she told me there was one other candidate.

Interview Questions

• background and experiences, for me it was easy since I did forex trading before.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with FXCM and it was pretty strait forward. The lady on the other end was very nice. At first they asked me a lot about my self, what i was studying in school, as well as to walk them through my resume. They asked me about the current market and if i had any current investments. I told them yes and they followed up asking why i invested in them...

Interview Questions

• They asked if i had tried to make trades using the software they sent me.   1 Answer

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn through an advertisement for the position. Received an email from FXCM about two weeks later asking to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was general screening questions nothing too serious. Phone interview concluded with asking me to come into the San Francisco office for an in person interview. The interview in the office was one on one style with one of the managers. He went through my resume asked me general questions about my experienced. Asked me what I liked about the company and why I wanted the position. Also asked about the demo account they suggest you download prior to the interview. Should have some knowledge about interest rates, currencies and how changes affect prices in home country vs foreign countries.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage to provide excellent customer service to a difficult client.   1 Answer

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a response in two days by email asking to set up a phone interview. This was very simple, all I had to do was answer simple questions about the trading platform and how I kept up to date on financial news. After the phone interview, I was asked to come to the office and interview with the team lead. The one on one was very simple just questions in general about what changes the value of currency, as well as platform specific. After the interview with the team lead, I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What tools does the Fed have to control interest rates?   Answer Question

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Richmond, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers. First set of questions were based on intellect and knowledge of capital markets and FX. They will ask if you currently invest in stocks. Second set of questions were softer such as career objectives and reasons why choosing FXCM.

Interview Questions

• What techniques will the Fed use to combat inflation.   2 Answers

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

HR first calls for a phone screen with basic questions (why did you apply, your background), then met with with two other people for more intense questions (very friendly people) and then came back to meet with the director. They want to know how your background can relate and if you are able to retain a lot of information.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about International Fraud laws or compliance with forex?   Answer Question