FanDuel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FanDuel Interview Questions

Interviews at FanDuel

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FanDuel.

Interview

Interview process was very quick. The Recruiter, called quickly and was very nice over the phone. I was quickly scheduled for a phone interview and then onsite interview. Overall, it was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at FanDuel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2018.

Interview

Reached out to on angel.co, technical phone screen, 7 day take home test, and 3 hour final interview. The final interview was enjoyable, and the leader interviewer was very kind and tactful.

Interview Questions

• Two system design questions. And and api backend take home test.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FanDuel.

Interview

Initial recruiter phone call where we discussed my background. Then a more tech-oriented interview where we discussed past work, technical/language knowledge and some minor algorithmic questions. That was followed by a small coding project that I had a week to complete.

After completing the assignment I was told I'd hear back in 2 days or so - but never heard from them again, even after reaching out to them multiple times. No response after getting reasonably far in the process left a pretty bad taste in my mouth - would not apply to work here again.

Interview Questions

• How would you detect duplicates in a database of players?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Online interview. Hiring manager was extremely warm and welcoming. It is a company that is growing with the times and attracts a younger population as its workforce. A very good experience.

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an in-person interview, followed by another phone interview, then an off-site skill test, and a final interview.

Everyone was sharp, smart, and well organized. The recruiters were kind and always responded quickly to emails, however this was by far the longest recruitment process I've ever gone through.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a dashboard or presentation that you would create for Management? What Metrics would you have, and why?   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The overall process was sophomoric, with little coordination with HR or the other UX Designers who were doing the interviewing. The interview itself was less about skill evaluation and more about the interviewers' posturing. They were clearly out of their league and tried to make up for it with tough-guy faces and nonsense questions. If you're an actual UX research and design expert, you'll find these guys humorous.

The design exercise was a joke, with little feedback. These guys are looking for someone to manage and not someone with strong qualifications.

Interview Questions

FanDuel Response

Apr 21, 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We value your input and are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We are a growing company and a young team and we are constantly... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Had initial phone screening with recruiter. After that had two additional technical phone interviews with senior engineers. After that, was given a take home programming assignment to build a web application to validate football lineups.

Shortly after, I got invited to onsite interview that consisted of talking to 4 different senior engineers. Questions were typical software engineering questions with focus on behavioral questions.

Process took 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed spectacularly.   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult to solve bug and your process for solving it.   Answer Question

Director, Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the hiring manager followed by an on-site which was four half-hour 1-1s.

The recruiter was great when I spoke with him but would often go dark over email for days at a time, making me think he might've been in a crazy busy environment with constantly shifting priorities.

At the end I was not given an offer, but was given incredibly transparent and thorough feedback, which was refreshing. What was frustrating was that it appears the decision was based on my lack of experience in a few key areas which was appartent from my resume. If this was a disqualifier I should've been screened out up front and everybody would have saved time.

Interview Questions

• How would you think about LTV for acquisition, given the sparsity of data on prospects?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted through email, asked to do a design challenge: code a landing page (using bootstrap, design mocks were provided but I was told I could alter the design how I saw fit) then was given a decision/feedback

Interview Questions

• Code a landing page using bootstrap (design mocks provided)   1 Answer

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

A few days after applying was set up for an initial phone screen. Thought interview went well but was never scheduled for a follow up. Didn't hear back after inquiring about the status.