First American Equipment Finance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at First American Equipment Finance

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First American Equipment Finance (Rochester, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by two on site interviews. Interview's were very relaxed and essentially nothing technical was asked. The managers were very interested in understanding you skills and interests and if you are a good fit at the company. Most questions were either behavioral or questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicts among managers or co-workers in the work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at First American Equipment Finance (Rochester, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone, Skype, In person x2. The building is nice, and they just recently remodeled. All in all a pretty impressive space. They have you do ridealong 'interviews' but its really more like just watching people work, and they dont really want to interview you, just show you the job.

Interview Questions

- Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First American Equipment Finance (Fairport, NY).

Interview

Lots of phone tag with HR
    45 minute hr phone screen
    Half hour application to fill out answering various questions
    3 hours of interviewing
    3 hours of testing

If you have an extra 7+ hours of life that you want to waste on this place then apply apply apply apply otherwise it's in your best interest to not bother.

Commercial Account Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First American Equipment Finance (Rochester, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process for this position began with about 25 minutes of paperwork that was given to me by the receptionist. It contained the usual basic profile and work history type questions but also contained some additional fill in type questions including “how do you define success”. The paperwork also requests multiple references and there seemed to be a emphasis on past academic performance. The initial 1:1 interviews are the first of up to 4 steps of interviewing with this company. I believe the second step involves personality testing and additional 1:1 interviews with other members of the organization.

I was very surprised that after all of the paperwork that the actual 1:1 interview with each VP was very casual and quite typical. Both VP’s were younger than I had expected and I felt as if their work experience outside FAEF was quite limited.

Despite having both VP’s in agreement (at the end of the interview) that I was qualified for the position and that I did have the type of background that they were looking for – I was not asked to complete the personality testing phase of the process.

They seem to be looking for a highly educated employee who will be content wearing a headset and making hundreds of calls each day working inside their beautifully re-designed office space complete with flat screens that display up to the minute sales performance for each sales person. The approximate starting salary for this position is in the low to mid $30’s.