FirstCare Health Plans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FirstCare Health Plans Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.5

Compliance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in February 2017.

Interview

HR called less than 2 weeks after applying online. Phone screen. Manager phone interview a week later. Manager didn't seem prepared. Interview was more of a discussion of my work experience. Manager kept getting interrupted on their end with phone calls. What a complete waste of my time

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in September 2015.

Interview

Multiple rounds of in person interviews after an initial phone screen. They contacted me to start the process. The HR team/interview was clean and standard. They brought me back for in person interviews because some people were out. It wound up taking several visits.

Interview Questions

• The folks I interviewed with were very focused on cultural fit, as well as credentials.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans.

Interview

I came on a temporary Employee. After months of working here, I was offered a full time position. I am not sure if my manager even knew my background, i think she hired me because she liked me.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Enrollment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans.

Interview

They just want warm bodies to fill the open positions. They leave everything very vague so that you do not know what you are getting into until you are locked into the position.

Interview Questions

• There really was not a lot of questions related to the position.   Answer Question

Pre Auth Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in January 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview a week after applying. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and was fairly simple. She went through multiple, typical interview questions. The interviewer was kind and welcoming. It was one on one

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered at the top of the budgeted salary available. No room for negotiation.

Trainer/Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I had 1 internal interview, as I was already employed with another department in the organization. At the start of the interview, there were 3 interviewers, though 2 left in the middle of the interview. Which I thought was kind of rude and kind of threw me off the presentation I had created.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not allowed to negotiate. I even brought the wage scales for the position to the hiring manager and she wouldn't even look at them. I was told that I could take the salary as is, or not take the job.

Provider Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The intiial interview was completed over the phone and took approximately 30 minutes. A second interview was conducted face to face with my currect supervisor in which we spoke for a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• What are three weaknesses that you have?   Answer Question
    • What are three things that your current boss would advise that you need work with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at all. I asked for a specific dollar amount, and that is what I received.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Amarillo, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied on line. I was called by a recruiter and an 1:1 interview was scheduled. I interviewed about a week later and was offered a position at that time to start approximately 2 weeks later pending a drug test and a background check that took about a week.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remeber specific questions. However, the interviewer made me feel very comfortable, like I was talking to a long time friend.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate. The pay and benefits were more than I had expected. I was very pleased with the offer and the entire process.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Lubbock, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

All that was great I. getting you in, but know departments are different.

Negotiation

it was all good at first, it's only that training is short them you get hangs on quickly and are expected to know what your doing, but that's only in pre auth it is different in other departments

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was called the same day for an interview. Came in next day and had a 2:1 interview. was called later that day and was offered the job, which I took. Nice place to work with friendly staff, close to my home.