Floor and Decor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Floor and Decor (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

It was really nice! Interviewed with the cashier supervisor at first and she was awesome. Then with management and finally the store manager. All of the interviews started with questions but eventually just ended up having a conversation, most likely to analyze my personality. This is something I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were under pressure due to a deadline or large workload.   Answer Question

CEM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Floor and Decor (Tampa, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

4 interviews, last with CEO

Negotiation

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Floor and Decor (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and took a week to complete . Past experience was verified and a walk through a facility was done in order to validate knowledge experience demonstrated on resume

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Floor and Decor.

Interview

Online application, 2 interviews with same person, drug test on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Floor and Decor (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was fair. 1st interview with Manager and then Operations manager. After 1st interview got invited to a 2nd interview to meet the operations manager. Got an offer a week afterwards and accepted it

Interview Questions

• Not difficult question but trick question of if you see a co-worker on drugs on a forklift what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Floor and Decor (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back the next day to schedule a interview. After the interview I was given an opportunity to tour the building and find out the type of work I'll be doing. Once the tour was over I was told to come back the next day for my 2nd interview with the operations manger. The interview lasted about half an hour and was offered the job on the spot!

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Floor and Decor (Tampa, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Basic interview process. Nothing out of the norm. The person that interviewed me talked more about the company and himself than he did ask me questions. Show up in decent clothes (no flip flops or t-shirts), be polite, and be honest, and you will most likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 50 pounds and work in an active environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Floor and Decor (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There were fairly generic questions. Nothing out of the ordinary was asked. The initial interview was easy and it was with a recruiter. Overall it was a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Floor and Decor in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview. Conversation was fairly generic in nature and lasted about 45 minutes. Primarily focused on my previous experience and why I was interested in the role.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Floor and Decor (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with four different people and a phone interview. I went through a staffing agency that tested your Access and Excel skills... you also took a personality/IQ test. Once this was completed you interviewed with HR and the hiring manager. As part of the process, you interviewed three other people from various departments to determine your fit within the team, the department and the company.

Interview Questions

• Access/Excel experience. Reporting and research experience.   2 Answers

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Floor and Decor (Smyrna, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

This company was brought to my attention as a friend of a friend worked there. I was looking to change jobs and was told she loved it. I submitted an application for an Inventory Analyst position in a corporate office and listed the friend of a friend as a reference. After a preliminary phone interview, I was emailed to inquire about my salary requirements, something they forgot to ask about on the call. I replied and listed my salary requirements to change jobs, as I had been with my then current company for 5+ years. Knowing this, they then proceeded with 3 rounds of face-to-face interviews and eventually made me an offer. Ha, I call it an offer, it was more like a slap in the face. The offer was $12k less than I stated my minimum salary requirement would be and even thousands less than I was currently making. They also wanted me to work 10 hours per week MORE than I was currently, which was 40, for this lesser pay. AND, where I currently had 23 days of PTO (sick, vacation, etc.), they were only offering 5 days, total. 5 days off a year, 50 hour weeks, for lesser pay. What the hell!? Who would take that offer? I did start to negotiate and they came up $5k, but not nearly enough to make the offer enticing. During this, I also started having this friend of a friend make contact to try and convince me to take the job. Saying that it’s so worth it, etc. This seems like a breach in their HR, because she should not have known I was offered the job and seemed to know way too much about the offer. Just a huge waste of time, especially after being upfront about my salary requirements, and I can’t believe anyone who would be happy working in an environment that pays so far under scale and has such horrible work/life schedule.

Interview Questions

• Did you visit one of our retail locations prior to this interview?   1 Answer