Fluor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fluor

2.6

Piping Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fluor (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

The interview process is usually conducted by competent personnel who is well versed in the position that is open for hire. Interviewers are normally pleasant, long time Fluor employees. The Interviewer will offer a tour of the office if time allows.

Interview Questions

• What is my education and work history?   1 Answer

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Interview

Topics were to broad. The focus was mainly on experience and I am a new grad. Totally surprised by there lack of knowledge on my resume. Would not recommend to friends

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do I have   3 Answers

Senior BI Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fluor in April 2019.

Interview

it was phone interview and takes 45 min. the guy first describe about the projects the had at hand. and the culture of the company. and then moved to my experience.

Interview Questions

• what was the project you worked before   3 Answers
    • how is your communication ability as you have to contact the ppl allover the glob   Answer Question

Material Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Houston, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

First a 30 minute phone call interview with a person from the operations or specific business unit and then will proceed to face to face interview on site on a later date.

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Greenville, SC) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview was in the government building on the large campus. Need to be sure of the location of interview as campus is very large. It was held in a conference room in a panel interview style.

Interview Questions

• Past work experiences?
      Willing to travel?
      What do you want to do in the future?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fluor (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

They take you to different people for different areas of Mechanical engineering to see which one you'll be suited for (Heat transfer, materials, vessels, etc). They'll offer lunch if the interview goes over lunch time.

Associate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Sugar Land, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview after submitted a resume at the career fair. This phone interview occurred with one of the department's younger employees and was simply a personality check. A couple weeks later, I received an email for on onsite interview. This involved 4 separate interviews. Two of these interviews were with some of the other younger employees in the department. The other two interviews were with the department manager and the staffing manager. This onsite experience also included an office tour and a lunch with on of the younger employees.

Interview Questions

• There were no behavioral questions. All questions were based on the resume you had submitted and the conversation just went from there.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fluor (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I did the Interview with three

First they asked me to talk about myself.
    Then, they explained how is the work going to be and what I am going to deal with.
    Finally, they asked if I am going to work internationally or local

Support Position Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluor in January 2018.

Interview

The whole process started out promising. First, an initial phone screen with HR. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Before ending the phone interview, the hiring manager had noted that I would be a good candidate and a fit for the position, but she still had other candidates to interview. About 2 weeks went by and I was invited to interview in-person with the hiring manager and a few other managers of the group. As I was interviewing with the hiring manager, the rapport and enthusiasm was still there. She judged from my past experience that I would be a star employee. It all went downhill after I met with the hiring manager's boss. It seemed as though there was already a bias and that I couldn't say the right thing. His questions were bait and switch. For example, do you like things in an organized way? My response would be, of course, it makes it more efficient. And in that line of work it's just necessary. His response agreed with me, but he argued that I would need to be really flexible. This didn't change my mind about the position because it's almost a necessity to be flexible in today's work environment. If I had any issues with that, I shouldn't apply for work at all. The next interviews with a couple of ladies went well and I really enjoyed their company. They could relate to me and understood my situation. The very last interview was short. At that point I had a strange feeling that the hiring manager's boss had already called the shot and told him I wasn't a fit. It didn't matter that I would be working mostly with the hiring manager who knew I was a great candidate. Afterwards, I sent a thank you email to HR and the hiring manager, but I never heard back. In the beginning, HR was VERY responsive - too much so. Now, it made it glaringly obvious I was being ignored. Lastly, they never sent an email acknowledging that they were not moving forward.

Interview Questions

Interview

Met one on one with the QA/QC Manager at the So. California campus. Was hired the same day and traveled to Sugar Land Texas to the head Quarters of Fluor individual trainning.