Fluor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fluor

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Aliso Viejo, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was referred to the company from a current employee and was called for an interview. The interview was quite short, my qualifications and resume was reviewed by the interviewer and I was asked upfront about my salary range. I was given the top end of that range.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fluor?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fluor in October 2012.

Interview

Informal interview process, made me feel at ease and gave me a tour of the facility. Was told that I will be given a call as soon as there was a project opening. I was given an offer 3 weeks after the interview with a start date of 3 weeks after.

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Sugar Land, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

It was done over the phone since I wasn't in the area and was on a project site. I did work with a few of the interviewer's colleagues before, so he had a good idea of my track record.

The call took about half an hour and focused on my past experience and what I was looking for in a career.

It is key to say that you will be open for travel, at least some point in your career. Fluor does projects across the country and around the globe, so you have to seem that you will be open to go during some stage of your life.

Interview Questions

• What were your biggest challenges and how did you overcome them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fluor (Greenville, SC) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview took place in a conference room with 12 managers. I was the sole interview candidate. Questions were received from the Project Contracts Manager, Deputy Manager, and 10 team leads.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were especially difficult. I was actually disappointed by the lack of "creativity" with the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Construction Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copperton, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Copperton, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

Time consuming process, very detailed background check, I used the HR Department out of South Carolina and the Houston Office, had several interviews, Great Company to work for.

Interview Questions

• How was I with traveling and being away from love ones?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We talked about my base salary, yearly raises, out of town expenses, and company benefits.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Greenville, SC) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a quick interview. The panel discussion could have been setup a little better since they talked over one another and often asked redundant questions. They had the general strength and weakness questions. There was nothing that really stood out from this interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had a desire to work on a government contract.   1 Answer

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Irvine, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

I initially met the HR rep at a school career fair. I showed interest in a position at Fluor and she took my resume and said she would email me. She emailed me telling me that they had a contracts administrator position that I would fit well for. I went through a phone screening, and then they set up an interview right there and about 2 weeks later I went to their Irvine, CA headquarters and interview for the position with the head of the department. The interview went really well, and I left with a good feeling about it. I sent a thank you email a day later, and didn't hear anything for a few weeks. I sent a follow up email, just letting the head of the department that I was still very interested, and a few days letter I was given an email back saying that I was chosen.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Calgary, TX).

Interview

Met with Contracts Manager

Interview Questions

• Overview of past/current experience   2 Answers

Pipe Fitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fluor (Baytown, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

made a call to the Greenville office. They placed me on a Nuclear job, upon completion, I was rolled over to the Baytown, TX project. I had to go to the Deer Park office for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had worked with this recruiter before, so he knew my skill set. The interview was just a formality.

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Interview

Got the interview through a school service. Interview was very straight forward. No real tough queesdtions currently waiting to hear back. Seems like a great company.