Food Safety Net Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Food Safety Net Services

2.5

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Interview

Phone interview then in-person interview. Quick and simple. After the Inperson you are notified whether or not you got ge job pretty quickly ( about a week). From there there is a drug test and a personality assessment. Panel of two interviewers

Interview Questions

• How would you explain something abstract to someone who doesn't understand / greatest strengths / how do you provide good customer service   Answer Question

Lab Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services in September 2016.

Interview

It was interesting. It was a bunch of corporate questions that had little to nothing to do with the position, but rather, something I would expect when I applied to a restaurant. Nothing technical was asked. There were no skill assessments. I was honestly surprised at how easy it was. It concluded with a tour of the lab.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to find a solution to a problem?   Answer Question

Lab Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

The panel interview consisted of a welcoming , positive, and knowledgable scientists. I completely enjoyed the open ended questions, and friendly attitude. It was a Very professional team. They demonstrated interest at all time.

Interview Questions

• Which is your favorite bacteria?   1 Answer

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services (Fresno, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was through a brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview at a specified date. The in-person interview was good with standard questions about my resume, education experience, etc. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would consider the offer if you are a new college graduate (or even a science student) looking for some work experience in a laboratory.

Lab Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services (San Antonio, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application/resume and cover letter making sure to include microbiology lab techniques like "aseptic technique" (you definitely need that for a majority of labs at FSNS). About a week later I received a phone call from HR to schedule an interview for the next week. At the interview two women that do some work in the labs but also do a lot of office, paper work took me into a conference room (later learned that's where we do most of our safety training) and asked me questions about my science and laboratory background; they asked if I prefer team environments or working as individuals better (you're always helping each other out in the labs); etc (I don't remember all the questions). After the interview they took me on a quick tour of the building and labs and said they would let me know about the job in a few days. I was hired by the end of the week and started my orientation the next week. The process from submitting job application to starting work takes almost a month. However, if you apply and they do not REALLY need to fill that position right away, it could take as much as six months to hear back so I recommend calling them and asking if they received your application about a week after you submit it if you have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for myself would be if I follow verbal or written instructions better.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiations were not an option. Depending on your experience they may pay you more, but starting for me was $12/hr and I was right out of my undergrad. That was for a Tech I position the Tech II positions require you to work upwards of 55+hrs a week at a salary wage so you end up making less per hour than a Tech I!

Lab Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services in September 2010.

Interview

Sent in resume with cover letter. Two weeks later received a call for an interview. Interviewed twice, one with the manager, the next with an Assistant Manager. Was hired two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Can you work extended hours, i.e. on Holidays, nights, days, swing-shifts and perform at a high level under a lot of stress?   1 Answer

I'd like some family time when possible, not a prison sentence.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services (Springdale, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was actually pretty extensive. I had an interview with the lab operator or "manager" of the particular location. I applied online, it was a simple process, and i received a call with the next two days. The 1st part of the interview included the traditional question and answer session with the interviewer. Then I toured the facilities and had to take a pretty extensive online exam. I was expecting some type of comprehensive evaluation, but instead this test resembled more of an IQ test. The instructions were very specific, and the test was long. Its was broken up into multiple sections that included, pattern recognition, SAT word knowledge, and analogies.

Lab Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services (San Antonio, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I had the interview with April Garza. She was quite easy to talk to, she made me comfortable during the interview. Very professional yet was able to put the individual at ease to answer the questions to the best of their ability

Interview Questions

• The hours what was stressed, my resume speaks for itself. I've managed a lab before, so I know my way around a lab.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services in March 2018.

Interview

This interview was done over the phone. Some interns had varying interview processes where some got more questions than others; however, if you show that you have a clear and distinct interest in food safety, then you should be fine. I got one question while some interns get multiple. For the majority of the interview, my interviewer explained what exactly the company is about. Pretty standard stuff.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be part of Food Safety Net Services?   1 Answer

IT Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services.

Interview

submitted my resume through the online portal on FSNS website, after about 2 weeks, I was scheduled with a face to face interview. The interview was a panel of interview with all the IT personnel involved, to see if I would fit with the overall team. Once complete it took about 2-3 weeks for a offer to come through

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services (Amarillo, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. The next morning I was asked to complete about 4-5 different types of questions, in all about 300-350. The interview was conducted by the Laboratory Manager, in a very small office.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you do not know the answer to a question?   1 Answer
    • What shifts are you able to work?   1 Answer
    • What is your expected level of compensation   Answer Question