FortuneBuilders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with Recruiting Assistants and was asked to come in for an in person. Waited about 10-15 minutes for the interview to start. I was escorted to the Recruiting Manager's office. She asked very generic questions which I felt did not have much to do with sales and the type of characteristics good sales people need to have. It was over in 15-20 minutes tops.

Interview Questions

• What activities/clubs were you part of when you were in college?   Answer Question
    • Name one of Fortune Builders values and explain which one aligns most with you   Answer Question
    • Why do you see yourself as part of the Fortune Builders team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work experience.   Answer Question

May 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

We are sorry to hear that you had to wait for your interview and felt the questions did not reflect the sales position that you were applying for. Your feedback is very much appreciated, as we can... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR recruiter via my LinkedIn site, who asked me to submit an application on-line. Fairly personal questions about likes, dislikes, goals, etc. Took a couple hours to answer them. Then no response for a day. I finally asked if she had received it. She responded enthusiastically and asked if I would be available the next morning for phone interview at 10:00am. I said I would, and then waited for the call, which never came. I emailed and asked her if I had the wrong date or time. No response. Surprisingly rude, thoughtless & unprofessional for a company that boasts about their integrity. There's no excuse for treating prospective candidates (or anyone) that way.

Interview Questions

• What types of books / websites do you read / follow?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Aug 24, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you very much for this feedback. We always strive to ensure that all candidates receive consistent communication in regards to where they are in the recruiting process. This review helps us... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The process as quite extensive and layered. People on the team were very nice, laid back and friendly. I especially liked the hiring manager, who seemed to connect with most nearly everyone.

Anonymous Employee in Pacific Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (Pacific Beach, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process is very protracted - they want to hire only the best of the best for coaches. There are 3-5 interviews, and it may take a month or more.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know if I could comment on the principles that the company is founded on, and how I could relate to the principles.   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

We are happy to hear that you understand the importance of the longer process with this role as you interact with our students at an extremely high level and we want to make sure we hire the best of... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a girl that could not answer my question. I had to ask several times. The girl because frustrated and would not just say she didn't know the answer. Instead, she didn't ask a someone to help her.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      Why are you a good fit for Fortune Builders?   1 Answer

May 1, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback from the phone interview you had last year. We are sorry to hear that the recruiter was unable to answer your question(s). Our team will continue to improve our... More

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders in March 2013.

Interview

Simple process. There's an initial e-mail contact from HR, a one on one phone screen, and an interview with two supervising employees. The first in person interview left a lot to be desired. The person was the same one that did the phone screen and asked the same questions in the in-person interview. The first interviewer had little to no eye contact and kept focus on a laptop. I've never experienced anything like that previously. Second interviewer was more friendly and was easier to talk to.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders.

Interview

There were a few interviews, and it was a lengthy process. They were very thorough. They asked several questions and took detailed notes throughout the process. One of the interviews took hours as they asked specific questions about each place you had previously worked, along with the typical interview questions that are generally asked. They also wanted to know why you left each job. They contacted me and asked for me to provide references. They spoke with all of the ones I gave at extended length, and asked them detailed questions about the work done, performance, and how much I earned while working there.

Interview Questions

• List five weaknesses. This was difficult because they had already asked a lot of questions at this point and they wanted each statement to be unique.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pacific Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (Pacific Beach, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Their interview process is definitely dialed in to find the type of person who will fit into their culture. After the first initial online application along with your résumé, you are invited to watch several videos explaining more about their various companies, the type of person they are looking for, and a tour of the different departments. If you are still interested in the position and feel you are a good fit, you can then proceed with an online interview form giving more information about you, your interests, personal development background (as this is super important to fit into their culture), and situational questions to ensure your judgment is on track with yours. It is such a well thought out interview process, I modeled it for a friends company who was looking to hire someone new.

Next, if you make it through and are a match, you are invited into the office for an interview w their hiring coordinators. This is where you will be asked standard questions around strengths, weaknesses, etc. If successful after this round, you are invited back for an interview w the hiring manager where they will ask more detailed questions around your employment history and experience as well as about what you already know about the company and the specifics of the job. If you don't already know the details (salary, hours, requirements), they will paint a realistic and vivid picture to make sure you understand and are still committed to wanting a position there. They don't hire just anyone (in fact they turn away 95% of those that apply due to non-fit) and want to make sure the investment of time/resources goes towards someone who wants to be there as much as they feel you are a perfect fit to proceed.

If successful after this process, you are invited back for a round robin interview with 4 of their Sales Directors (each about 15 min or so) to get to know them and allow them to get to know you and again make sure you will fit on their teams. This is where you can ask more questions as well of what the experience will be like working there. This is the end of the interview process. After this part, if an offer is made, they go through reference and background check and then you are on board. The whole process takes a few weeks but well worth it based on the quality of people they hire and ensuring its a great fit for all involved. If you have a history of personal development, you will recognize the intent of the questions asked and have little issue with any of it. I feel very blessed to be in the reference check stage now and about to start with this amazing company!

Interview Questions

• What do you feel was a strength/weakness of your former boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Advice is know the company and what their parameters of benefits, etc are before receiving offer so you can negotiate intelligently.

Jul 9, 2014 – Talent Coordinator

Congrats on making it through the process!!! We know that it can be quite rigorous, but it seems like you really understand why we go to such great lengths to get the right people on our team. We... More

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders.

Interview

The interview was a comfortable and smooth process. I received a brief tour of the facility as well as a break down of all the different operations that the company runs. Expectations were laid out as well as hours expected of employees in that position. It seemed like a great work environment, good location and full of an energetic staff.

Interview Questions

FortuneBuilders Response

Mar 19, 2015 – Recruiting Specialist

We really appreciate your feedback. At FortuneBuilders we are always doing our best to provide a positive experience for our candidates. Thanks again and we wish you nothing but success!

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders.

Interview

I had such a great experience with the FortuneBuilders interview process. Great experience over the phone and I had the option to move forward but due to timing I didn't accept. I would love to work for this company in the future.

Interview Questions

Timing wasn't right for me however I would love to join sometime in the future.

Oct 3, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

We completely understand that the opportunity wasn't at the right time and we appreciate your transparency. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your interview experience and we wish you nothing... More