FortuneBuilders Reviews | Glassdoor

FortuneBuilders Co-Founder Than Merrill
Than Merrill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Compared to previous jobs, I really have no cons" (in 7 reviews)

• "If you don't like trainings, team events, personal growth, or working hard, this company may not be a good fit for you" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Life experience, not just a career."

Current Employee - Accelerations Adviser in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Accelerations Adviser in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Than, Paul, JD and Konrad are some of the most amazing leaders. Working with the Fortune Builders team will expand your identity, challenge your limits, and give you the opportunity to be fulfilled on so many levels. Than once said some will be here a few years and some will be here longer, however long you are here I hope that while you are here, these are some of the best times of your life.

Cons

Pretty close to perfect. Hard to think of a con. Company always looking to improve so problems don't stay problems for long.

2. "Seek to Serve and Make every person feel significant :)"

Current Employee - Student On Boarding Adviser in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Student On Boarding Adviser in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Too Many to list, but one of the pros is access to proven systems to help us become Entrepreneurs through Real Estate, or other avenues. The family like atmosphere. The opportunity for growth! The undeniable work ethic that your leaders demonstrate! My role allows me to be on someones journey that is changing their life for the better...How many people get to say that is what they do for a living??? I believe what we do, because I have attended our live events and see the fruits of our students labor first hand! I could go on and on! Great company to be a part of!

Cons

I know that I should list something here to make this more credible, but the reality is, I love what I do. I think they are aware of what needs to be worked on, and are actively doing things to work on that. What company is perfect? I don't know of many, but I know this company cares and work hard to provide an AWESOME environment to be apart of!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Every day I am inspired to push through, to master my craft, to up my game. I know that with, or without FortuneBuilders, I have been given invaluable tools for success. I love what a great environment this is to flourish. If you are not growing here, it is because you do not want to grow!!!

"Build Than Merrill's Fortune. How much $ does he need?"

Current Employee - Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Advisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quarterly awards dinner. Financial and Real Estate Education.

Cons

Managers don't do anything but delegate. Over work staff to death while "leaders" go home early. No parking. Not enough bathrooms, no break rooms, no food or vending, no food near by, crappy dumpy neighborhood, no communication between departments, every departments are held to different standards. Company says people over profits but will sell you a glass of water while you're drowning. A Real Estate company that has a dump for an office. Management plays favorites and politics and gossips like a bunch of school girls. They pay too many managers who work 5 or 6 hours a day. Too many Middle Management are puppets. Really could use a consulting company to help decrease costs, work flow and company structure.

Advice to Management

How about you do some Actual work, and work the same amount of hours you tell your slaves to work instead of sitting in "meetings" all day.

Aug 27, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to the growth and happiness of our team members and wish were able to have provided you with a better experience over the time... More

"Event Enrollment Coordinator"

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, fun, growth opportunity, a lot of travel

Cons

Depending on your life style, there’s a lot of travel

Aug 24, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

We love that you took the time to share your experience at FortuneBuilders! We definitely have positions that require travel and are happy to work with our team members that want to get on (or off... More

5. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Simply the Best opportunity if you want to fulfill your potential, achieve levels of success never experience before, passive income that creates generational wealth... and do all this AFTER helping others do it first!

Cons

Not for everyone. To thrive here you must understand that the hard work never ends because you're always out of your comfort zone... if you are comfortable, you won't last long.

Advice to Management

Please continue to lead by example and model the core values the company represents inside and outside the office. Thank you!

Aug 24, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We always appreciate hearing how our core values are helping our team members thrive, grow, and ultimately help our students achieve... More

6. "Excellent culture!"

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

FB has an awesome culture and our CEO, Than Merrill, is the best!

Cons

Can't think of any cons!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Jun 12, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working with FortuneBuilders. We are excited to hear that you have experienced the awesome culture we have. Keep on crushing it!

7. "Event Coordinator"

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

FortuneBuilders is a unique company with an amazing culture. I enjoyed working with everyone there and that seems to be a rarity with most companies! They create a growth atmosphere that is very productive and motivating. It is the best company I have personally ever worked for and I would recommend them to any A-players who love working hard and having fun!

Cons

This company atmosphere isn't for everyone. If you don't like trainings, team events, personal growth, or working hard, this company may not be a good fit for you.

May 22, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while you were with FortuneBuilders. It is great to see that you enjoyed your time with us and see value in the environment and culture that we... More

"Don't be tricked. They dont practice what they preach."

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You might learn about real estate

Cons

Fortune Builders is 100% a boys club. Just look at all upper management. And the majority of department heads. All the books they "ask" employees to read to “better” themselves, not one has shown an ounce of diversity. There’s no equality with how employees are treated. Like when employees feel harassed. And are asked why they started it, and are silenced. But it’s ok for management to make jokes about it. And joke with other male employees about how they treat the females in the office. On top of the man show, people here aren't happy, they feel pin holed in potions and are met with empty promises of the future.
    Don't be tricked. They dont practice what they preach.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate how you preserve your success

May 15, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us as we are always looking to improve. Many people within our management team are women and we take any harassment complaints very seriously and they are... More

"Business Advisor"

Former Employee - Business Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Advisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Possibility to make money, opportunity for personal growth if you take upon yourself, sometimes you get free lunch or breakfast, competitive (if you like that), a lot to learn from other advisers on the floor, tremendous Real Estate education.

Cons

Long hours, very little work life balance, work M-F and 1/2 days Sat, can be stressful, expectation to work even longer hours when they decide to move all meetings up an hour but still expected to stay late, lack consistency on process from team to team.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more communication to the floor, better expectations set when you start and when you leave, I would recommend asking your team how they feel and what they need to keep them happy. An anonymous survey would be extremely helpful!

Apr 24, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We do ask some of our teams to work longer/later hours to meet the needs of our clients who are all across the US. Our intention is to be very... More

"Great place to start"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment, fun atmosphere, great location

Cons

Leadership is not in tune with first line employees
    Little room for growth outside of sales
    Inconsistent management

Advice to Management

Provide more growth opportunities for employees across the board
    Give the same attention to your employees that you do in developing your students

Apr 12, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We want to provide an environment that promotes growth and we have had many people who have been promoted from different departments... More