FortuneBuilders Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2020

3.8
FortuneBuilders Co-Founder Than Merrill
Than Merrill
Pros
  • "Culture- read their core values it's speaks for itself(in 15 reviews)

• "I have been able to grow tremendously on a personal and professional level as a result of my employment with FortuneBuilders(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Compared to previous jobs, I really have no cons(in 7 reviews)

• "If you don't like trainings, team events, personal growth, or working hard, this company may not be a good fit for you(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at FortuneBuilders part-time

Pros

Awesome culture. Lots of real estate education. good pay

Cons

none i can think of

2. "Solid Company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

Good company culture that strongly promotes individual growth both in the workplace and outside. Good real estate education

Cons

No real career path within the company.

3. "Great company"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

Culture, airline miles, people, growth

Cons

Time consuming, pay could be more

4. COVID-19

"Have Never Been so Honored to Work with an Organization"

Former Employee - Events Manager

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for a company that has such amazing Core Values and lives by them. No company is perfect, but the desire FortuneBuilders has for growth is second to none. To have the honor of being at the beginning of a students journey to financial freedom even know puts a smile on my face. To see the journey unfold for them and the level of support they get, I could not be more proud to say I worked with this company. -Ability for personal and financial growth -Team atmosphere -Fair compensation for most positions -Exciting travel for some The most impactful pro to working with this company is the level of Integrity despite the misfortune of COVID-19

Cons

Can be an overwhelming schedule if you're not committed

"Hands down the best"

Current Employee - Business Advisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The team culture is what I like the most. I love the energy here. Everyone is positive and uplifting and focused forward.

Cons

not for someone who is looking for an average 9-5

"Great place to work. High energy and great chance to make good money"

4.0
    Former Employee - Business Advisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

warm / hot leads, great income, lots of education

Cons

its a grind. long days.

"Disempowering your purpose, though constant manipulation"

2.0

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Access to a premier financial education program -Some managers/ people in the company who will have your back. -Great people that really care about our students on the front lines.

Cons

-No real direct path of growth, you're performance never seems to be measured on your eagerness to learn/grown only how well you get along with the "right" people. -Lack of communication across departments where it is vital that they have constant communication. - Managers who - have questionable moral compasses, who claim to have your back, but will not hesitate to throw you under the bus when the time comes. - that cannot handle being held accountable for their actions - that will manipulate those around them to get what they want - that will gossip and will bring the morale of the team down with what they do not like about the company or how they do not get "recognition" - that is flat out a bully at the high school level.

April 9, 2020Recruiting Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with the team here at FortuneBuilders. It sounds like you were able to create some great relationships with teammates over the 4 years you were here. We will continue to emphasize communication at all levels in our company throughout, and after this COVID-19 challenge.

"Company prides employment investment, but doesn't practice it"

2.0
    Former Employee - Student Support in San Diego, CA

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than a year

Pros

- lots of learning material - simple work - fun atmosphere - lots of great people

Cons

- management doesn't always have your back - a lot of distracting banter - not many opportunities to advance - too much stagnation

April 9, 2020Recruiting Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the team here at FortuneBuilders. One area we pride ourselves on is having a lot of learning material. We like to expose our team to learning opportunities so that we can create a pipeline for employee promotions. Unfortunately, COVID-19 has impacted our ability to create those opportunities for the short-term. Thank you again for your feedback.

"Lack of Diversity - Hostile Work Enviornment"

1.0
    Current Employee - Mastery Administrator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free travel to cities all over the U.S.; Great insurance plans

Cons

Workload is nothing like they present it in the job description or during training. They expect you to answer emails and phone calls on your "off days", when you're at home and not traveling. And you had better not ask to be compensated for working off the clock. Human resources cannot produce check-stubs until your 3rd month of employment even though this is in clear violation of labor laws. This makes it nearly impossible for you to dispute discrepancies with pay in a timely manner. Male coworkers often make vulgar and inappropriate remarks, and sometimes even sexual advances while out on the road. The racial climate is pretty bad as well. Hiring practices are weird, almost as if being inducted into a fraternity or sorority. The hazing continues long after your 90 days. You have to either get in bed with someone (quid pro quo) to keep your job or let them disrespect and walk all over you. Turn over can be volatile.

February 12, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are absolutely committed to being an inclusive workplace and our company is a reflection of this contrary to these statements made. We encourage any team member receiving inappropriate remarks or is made to feel uncomfortable by a fellow team member to reach out to Human Resources at hr@fortunebuilders.com or legal@fortunebuilders.com as we take these matters very seriously. We’re here to help our team members and improve our growing company.

"Opportunities Abundant, Ideal Place for Driven Self Starters"

Current Employee - Manager (Marketing) in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One of my favorite things about the company is the fact that it was created by entrepreneurs and that mindset trickles down from the C level to the admin level employees. Self starters will do well here and will be happy to find that there are a lot of opportunities for growth, as well as opportunities to mold your own position as you increase your skillsets. I can speak to that being the case as I've seen it in the marketing department. Self education and good ideas are rewarded here. Culture is that of driven individuals that are good people and also like to have fun. Another pro is learning so much about real estate. If you aren't even interested in it to start, trust me after being in this environment for a few years you will start to!

Cons

While every company has its fallbacks, the pros truly outweigh the small amount of issues. As a company that started a little over 10 years ago, there are kinks that are still getting worked out as the company grows. But every year it improves and overall it is a great environment and place to work!

Found 129 reviews