FortuneBuilders Reviews | Glassdoor

FortuneBuilders Co-Founder Than Merrill
Than Merrill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Compared to previous jobs, I really have no cons" (in 7 reviews)

• "If you don't like trainings, team events, personal growth, or working hard, this company may not be a good fit for you" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Life experience, not just a career."

Current Employee - Accelerations Adviser in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Accelerations Adviser in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Than, Paul, JD and Konrad are some of the most amazing leaders. Working with the Fortune Builders team will expand your identity, challenge your limits, and give you the opportunity to be fulfilled on so many levels. Than once said some will be here a few years and some will be here longer, however long you are here I hope that while you are here, these are some of the best times of your life.

Cons

Pretty close to perfect. Hard to think of a con. Company always looking to improve so problems don't stay problems for long.

2. "Event Enrollment Coordinator"

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, fun, growth opportunity, a lot of travel

Cons

Depending on your life style, there’s a lot of travel

3. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Simply the Best opportunity if you want to fulfill your potential, achieve levels of success never experience before, passive income that creates generational wealth... and do all this AFTER helping others do it first!

Cons

Not for everyone. To thrive here you must understand that the hard work never ends because you're always out of your comfort zone... if you are comfortable, you won't last long.

Advice to Management

Please continue to lead by example and model the core values the company represents inside and outside the office. Thank you!

4. "Excellent culture!"

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

FB has an awesome culture and our CEO, Than Merrill, is the best!

Cons

Can't think of any cons!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Jun 12, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working with FortuneBuilders. We are excited to hear that you have experienced the awesome culture we have. Keep on crushing it!

5. "Event Coordinator"

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

FortuneBuilders is a unique company with an amazing culture. I enjoyed working with everyone there and that seems to be a rarity with most companies! They create a growth atmosphere that is very productive and motivating. It is the best company I have personally ever worked for and I would recommend them to any A-players who love working hard and having fun!

Cons

This company atmosphere isn't for everyone. If you don't like trainings, team events, personal growth, or working hard, this company may not be a good fit for you.

May 22, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while you were with FortuneBuilders. It is great to see that you enjoyed your time with us and see value in the environment and culture that we... More

"Don't be tricked. They dont practice what they preach."

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You might learn about real estate

Cons

Fortune Builders is 100% a boys club. Just look at all upper management. And the majority of department heads. All the books they "ask" employees to read to “better” themselves, not one has shown an ounce of diversity. There’s no equality with how employees are treated. Like when employees feel harassed. And are asked why they started it, and are silenced. But it’s ok for management to make jokes about it. And joke with other male employees about how they treat the females in the office. On top of the man show, people here aren't happy, they feel pin holed in potions and are met with empty promises of the future.
    Don't be tricked. They dont practice what they preach.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate how you preserve your success

May 15, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us as we are always looking to improve. Many people within our management team are women and we take any harassment complaints very seriously and they are... More

"Great place to start"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment, fun atmosphere, great location

Cons

Leadership is not in tune with first line employees
    Little room for growth outside of sales
    Inconsistent management

Advice to Management

Provide more growth opportunities for employees across the board
    Give the same attention to your employees that you do in developing your students

Apr 12, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We want to provide an environment that promotes growth and we have had many people who have been promoted from different departments... More

"Business Advisor"

Former Employee - Business Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Advisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Possibility to make money, opportunity for personal growth if you take upon yourself, sometimes you get free lunch or breakfast, competitive (if you like that), a lot to learn from other advisers on the floor, tremendous Real Estate education.

Cons

Long hours, very little work life balance, work M-F and 1/2 days Sat, can be stressful, expectation to work even longer hours when they decide to move all meetings up an hour but still expected to stay late, lack consistency on process from team to team.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more communication to the floor, better expectations set when you start and when you leave, I would recommend asking your team how they feel and what they need to keep them happy. An anonymous survey would be extremely helpful!

Apr 24, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We do ask some of our teams to work longer/later hours to meet the needs of our clients who are all across the US. Our intention is to be very... More

"Unhappy, overworked employees"

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Near the beach, relaxed environment (maybe too relaxed), great co-workers

Cons

If you have a problem management will not get to the root of it and instead they place band-aids. Upper management has given the message that they do not care what you do to get it done, as long as you get it done. Majority of upper management are family or close friends of the owners. Do not expect to grow and be promoted within this company. They teach systems but do not have ANY systems in place in their own company. The backend of operations is a mess and very chaotic.

Apr 24, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you've had with us. We encourage you to reach out to someone on our HR team with any concerns you have about your manager because we definitely... More

"Fun Environment That Will Push You to Grow!!"

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

-personal & professional development opportunities
    -a company that believes in always getting better & doing more
    -a Company that strives to continue to raise the bar with Customer Service and offers a product that actually helps people

Cons

If you don't want to be pushed and challenged to grow then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, keep pushing!

Feb 25, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so lucky to work in a company like this!