Forward Air Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Forward Air

2.3

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forward Air (Columbus, OH) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied through Indeed, recruiter reached out wanting to set up an initial phone interview, called back in for an in person interview with management, followed by same day interview with Vice President of recruiting.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this role and company?   1 Answer

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forward Air (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2018.

Interview

It was a very easy interview, you have to be patient during the process.
    They needed someone badly, so it went smooth, but they take a while to get you added to their system (email, access badge, etc.)

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forward Air (San Antonio, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Very short interview , was told working 15hr days wasn’t going to happen ended up working from 60-80 a week in salary pay for about 4 months never compensated for that

Interview Questions

• What is a typical long work day?   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forward Air (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

1:1 interview process with Terminal Manager. Background screen and drug test are required for employment. This usually takes about a week or two. Interview isn't a long hard process. Just have a good attitude and be willing to come to work to work. Asked the usual questions of able to perform, experience and etc,. Nothing to hard.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience operating a fork lift?   1 Answer
    • Can you lift more than 50 lbs.? Are you able to bend?   1 Answer
    • Can you work in cold weather conditions?   1 Answer
    • Can you work in hot weather?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever loaded/unloaded freight?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate for more money. I was happy to get a job.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forward Air (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied online- had a phone interview that was very standard. After a week or so I had the face to face, and met with a range of Management individually. Went back a week later for a follow up interview and received an offer over the phone after a day or so.

Interview Questions

• Who was your favorite supervisor- What made them an effective leader, and what would they say your greatest strength/weakness was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry level- Range was fixed, but was growth opportunity.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forward Air (Carson, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Kind of a slow process through out the whole time I was there. Got there a half an hour earlier than the scheduled interview just to wait another 45 minutes after my scheduled interview. Still waiting on a call back. Left hard copy of my resume and met all the requirements. Still didn't get the job.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groveport, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forward Air (Groveport, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. I got called in a month later for more interviews with a few different managers. The final Interview with 8 different Managers and the Vice President of the company. The process was tedious and tiring.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forward Air (Jamaica, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Sat with the supervisor asked simple straight forward questions, asked about my previous experience, and availability, asked if comfortable working as a team and having any forklift and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forward Air (Brisbane, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple and straightforward. Nothing out of the ordinary, as it was an interview for a fairly simple job. All questions were pretty basic. Nothing to really stress over, nor does it require much preparation.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider an improper way to operate the forklift?   1 Answer

GCYCS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeneville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forward Air (Greeneville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

I knew the manager through a friend, and they told me the company was hiring, so I contacted the manager by email and phone to discuss the position. We set up an interview with the other managers and director. I was contacted a few days after that with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what kind of coaching I received at my current job/what I most needed to improve on.   Answer Question

I gave some thought to the company policies at Forward Air which I did not know about until signing forms, such as the routine substance abuse testing, and no pay for preparatory work (i.e. clocking in 7 minutes early to prepare the workspace and computer and not being paid until the scheduled shift begins). While I am positive that Forward Air is a great company to work for as far as growth and mobility, I do find these things to represent an environment of micro-management on part of the corporation, as the policies show mistrust of the employees.