Forward Air Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Forward Air

2.4

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forward Air (Columbus, OH) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied through Indeed, recruiter reached out wanting to set up an initial phone interview, called back in for an in person interview with management, followed by same day interview with Vice President of recruiting.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this role and company?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forward Air (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Fill out application, waited for background check 1 month; drug test,

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forward Air (Carson, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Kind of a slow process through out the whole time I was there. Got there a half an hour earlier than the scheduled interview just to wait another 45 minutes after my scheduled interview. Still waiting on a call back. Left hard copy of my resume and met all the requirements. Still didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forward Air (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied online- had a phone interview that was very standard. After a week or so I had the face to face, and met with a range of Management individually. Went back a week later for a follow up interview and received an offer over the phone after a day or so.

Interview Questions

• Who was your favorite supervisor- What made them an effective leader, and what would they say your greatest strength/weakness was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry level- Range was fixed, but was growth opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Groveport, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forward Air (Groveport, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. I got called in a month later for more interviews with a few different managers. The final Interview with 8 different Managers and the Vice President of the company. The process was tedious and tiring.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forward Air (Columbus, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

One phone call to set up face to face interview. When in face to face interview, it took no more than 20 minutes, they probed if you would could handle an abusive/demanding job, and then kept probing me on what my minimum salary I would take. They tried to be your best friend to get you to admit things that bother you in the workplace, to see if you could last at least 6 months.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle confrontation in the workplace?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I needed a job badly, they would not discuss any other options, and was told $33,000 is all they would do, as they have plenty of other interviewees that will take it for that price.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Forward Air in March 2012.

Interview

First phone interview with Regional VP who I would be reporting. Next sit down with RVP. Then sit down with terminal manager counterparts with whom I would be working hand in hand with should i obtained the position. Lastly, interview with the Sr. VP OF sales (or the head of all of the sales for the company) face to face. The Sr VP ultimately gave his stamp of approval or disapproval.

Negotiation

One sided in that this was my first position in sales and my bargaining power with this dynamic company was almost nonexistent. Tried to finagle a couple of weeks of paid vacation but no dice.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forward Air (Brisbane, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple and straightforward. Nothing out of the ordinary, as it was an interview for a fairly simple job. All questions were pretty basic. Nothing to really stress over, nor does it require much preparation.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider an improper way to operate the forklift?   1 Answer

Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forward Air (Tulsa, OK) in May 2013.

Interview

Found the job on LinkdIn. Interviewed within 3 days, started work within 3 weeks. The interview was informal, just some straight forward questions concerning how you would handle disagreeable situations with drivers and fellow employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer included a substantial raise from what I was making. There was room for negotiation, but I opted not to waste the opportunity.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forward Air (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

1:1 interview process with Terminal Manager. Background screen and drug test are required for employment. This usually takes about a week or two. Interview isn't a long hard process. Just have a good attitude and be willing to come to work to work. Asked the usual questions of able to perform, experience and etc,. Nothing to hard.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience operating a fork lift?   1 Answer
    • Can you lift more than 50 lbs.? Are you able to bend?   1 Answer
    • Can you work in cold weather conditions?   1 Answer
    • Can you work in hot weather?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever loaded/unloaded freight?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate for more money. I was happy to get a job.