Fund for the Public Interest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fund for the Public Interest Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

1.9

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Interview

Someone call you first to see if you qualify some how in the job environment. You then go to a group interview where someone gives all of us a summary of what we would be doing. Then we are called one by one.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you dealt with someone that was difficult and didn't not want to hear you out.. Something like that.   Answer Question

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

One in-person interview with a canvass director and a skype interview with a regional director. Both were rather simple, with only a few brain-teaser type questions. The first interview was very basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: What makes you feel you would be well suited to this job?   Answer Question
    • Q: How would you sell a conservation effort to Trump supporters?   Answer Question

Assistant Canvas Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest in February 2017.

Interview

Only took about two weeks. Applied online and then had a phone interview. Shortly after that, I had a skype interview, and shortly after that, I received an offer. A few days later, I spoke with the hiring manager to review my offer

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Interview

It was a really, really easy set of interviews. First, I got a phone call, then I met with an interviewer in-person. The questions are basically what you'd expect from a non-profit looking to recruit. They will tell you about their current campaign that you will be working on. The whole interview is probably scripted, but that's not at all uncommon.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in working with Fund for the Public Interest?   Answer Question
    • What are some examples of times when you've demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

Canvass Director Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Interview

The first round interview was done directly after a career fair on my campus. It was so quick I felt caught up in a whirlwind. It was very relaxed and I didn't feel any pressure. The second round interview was over Skype, and again very informal. Some strange questions but I felt that regardless of how I answered it would have been fine.

Interview Questions

• How do we get Trump supporters to support our campaign?   Answer Question

I have not decided yet, but by looking at the reviews on this site, I am probably going to decline.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A few people were scheduled for the interview. It started with one person talking about the campaign and his story of how he got involved. Then it went to individual interviews

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a person who cared about the issue but didn't want to sign a petition or donate?   1 Answer

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest in June 2016.

Interview

Started out in group info meeting where managers gave overview of the cause pay opportunities as field manager etc, had a chance to describe your previous experience + passion in application, then individual interviews. Best piece of advice I have is to care for the cause you're canvassing for; it's obvious if you're not into it. This job doesn't seem to be something you want just to get either- you're giving a lot of effort for not much personal reward.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important issue in our society, why, and how can it be solved?   Answer Question

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

1 phone interview
    1 skype interview

There was a lot of go between for the interview scheduling. They are not the most punctual people when it comes to returning emails or phone calls. I know some people were interviewed and hired over several weeks because of this issue. Unless you are in the close proximity to where you are applying prepare for a several week ordeal.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that was challenging in your professional career, and how you overcame it.
      How would you handle fundraising
      have you ever worked on a political campaign
      how do you feel about our current issues
      Are you easily discouraged
      What are your political interestes
      Answer Question

Field Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Bethlehem, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

The people that interview you are nice and friendly! You typically end up working with them day to day too so it's a good to remember names. Very relaxed process, and they focus more on whether or not you have the right attitude for the job.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Interview

They invite 10 or more people to sit in a room and call your name to an office for a quick interview and summary of the job. They simply only care that you are okay with canvassing for crazy amount of hours by selling the idea that you get paid on commission for each donation you get from canvassing. It is manipulative and the job posting is usually a lie and won't mention the amount of canvassing you need to do (everyday for about 10 hours).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.