G2 Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G2 Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an associate who submitted my resumed. Within 24 hours of submission, two recruiters contacted me to setup an initial phone interview.

During the phone interview, it was a very positive and professional interaction. It was more of a conversation to match my skills and what I want to do with G2 than the interviewer asking me questions in way that I had to prove myself to them.

My resume was forwarded on to program managers but I never heard back from G2. Ultimately, I suspect my skills and experience didn't quite match with what they're looking for. However, I highly, HIGHLY recommend applying to G2 because they come off as a humble organization treating employees (or potential employees) like people and not a subordinate to "beat and whip" in order to fulfill contractual obligations.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD).

Interview

First there was an initial call with HR. After that call I spoke on the phone with the Security officer. AAfter both those call I went to the office and meet with three people separately, the manager, the managers Couterpart and HR. All three interviews were not easy but the people were very genuine and wanted to make sure you knew your information as well as a good fit for the project.

Interview Questions

• From the personality quiz... Rank the order of a list of traits.   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I was able to meet two recruiters from G2 during an employer panel, and they expressed initial interest in seeing my resume. After a short day or two, Lee Wanless got in touch with me to schedule an initial phone interview, which was about 45 minutes and covered basic personality, career goals, and background experience questions. At the end of the phone interview I believe it was made clear that they would be interested in an in-person interview. I think it would have been a much quicker turn-around, but due to my schedule it was about 2 weeks that I was finally able to make it in to their offices. G2, Inc. has a great atmosphere and environment and it really put me at ease when I arrived for the interview. Definitely not a "corporate" or "stuffy" feeling from anyone I encountered at all. The spaces are wide open and focused on a central lounge/kitchen area to encourage discussion and teamwork beyond the desks. The interview room is near the very center of this area, nicknamed "The Fishbowl" for the fact it has floor-to-ceiling glass walls that allow everyone walking by to see inside. Be prepared for a "non-traditional" interview for the first hour, and keep an open mind. This portion was also with Lee Wanless, and was centered mostly on "critical thinking", although indirectly I think they are looking at communication skills and composure as well. Lee gave me a scenario and guidelines to draw on the large whiteboard wall, and diagram several security-related problems. It's a free-flow exercise and I don't think they are looking for a right/wrong answer. Several times during this portion, another engineer or coworker might step in (the door to the room remains open) to observe, ask a question, or simply say hello. It didn't feel uncomfortable to me, and I think they are interested to see how you can handle multitasking and stress in the "hot-seat" so to speak. The next portion was more traditional across the table with 1 or 2 technical experts . It was a comfortable discussion and they went into detail on some of my resume experience to see what I had done and if I was familiar with x/y/z. There were no rapid-fire questions, but a steady back-and-forth with everyone involving certain right/wrong answers. Near the end, they had a handful of data sheets and readouts they asked me to discuss and tell them what I knew or could infer from each one. The final portion of the interview was with Tom Shelly, the Manager for Mission Engineering, who discussed more of the "strategic vision" of G2 and where the company fits into the picture, as well as where it has come from. There were no right/wrong answers, but more of a chance for you to share your goals and philosophy and how they might align with the company.

Everything about the process was extremely positive, and left me with a "gut-feeling" that everyone hopes to find when they're looking for the right place to work. Everyone I encountered showed an unbelievable level of sincerity and honesty that lets you know you are not just a number or body they are trying to fill. Specifically, Lee Wanless made every effort from the beginning, even before seeing my resume, to let me know I can turn to him for help or advice, whether or not an opportunity was present at G2, Inc. That is not something I've genuinely encountered at all from any recruiter other than here, and it goes far when determining what kind of people you're actually surrounding yourself with.

Interview Questions

• Draw a network design, using whatever implementation you'd like, to secure workstation A (whiteboard)   Answer Question
    • How would you go about defeating that design to access workstation A? (whiteboard)   Answer Question

Junior Cyber Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted by Lee Wanless from the HR department to schedule a phone interview. Following the phone interview I was told I was considered a candidate for the position and asked for me to come down to office for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was laid back and relaxed. I was given a tour of the office which is startup-like. It started with a personality test by listing various character traits and ranking them from 1-7. After the personality test came a critical thinking part where I had to layout a network and how to defend/attack it. The interview concluded by meeting with 2 different employees that I would be working with discussing day-to-day responsibilities. Overall it was cool. The post interview process with this company is a disaster and completely unorganized. I was offered the position days later and verbally accepted. I was given excuse after excuse about meeting with their financial analyst, etc... They never followed up after offering me a position, I'm glad I didn't turn down my other offers because this company would have left me or anyone else hanging.

Interview Questions

• Rate and rank various personality traits and explain their importance.   Answer Question
    • Build a network for this castle and explain how you would defend it. How would you attack it?   Answer Question
    • The president loves tea, how would you build a water heater with a consistent temperature and water flow?   Answer Question

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

It was different than any interview that I have ever had. They are vetting the type of person more than their experience. Not to say that experience doesn't matter but its vital that you are a cultural fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• An exercise on the approach to protect and attack a network, looking from both perspectives.   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD).

Interview

During my initial interview, I was handed a puzzle ball and asked to take it apart and put it back together in 60 seconds. When the time ended, the recruiter told me that that was just a quirky thing that they like to do during their interviews and it didn't have any real impact on the overall interview. After chatting with the recruiter for a few minutes, she left as a project manager and security engineer entered to begin the position specific portion of the interview. I was offered a position contingent on contract award which unfortunately was not. I kept in contact with a recruiter was brought back in to discuss a position on a recently awarded contract. Since I had already made it through the interview process, this was a less formal discussion where we discussed the contract and the position to see if I was interested in pursuing it further.

Interview Questions

• Disassemble this puzzle ball and reassemble it in 60 seconds.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G2 Inc. in January 2015.

Interview

Wow I can't say enough great things about the interview process. First off Lee Wanless is the smiling, warm, and extremely happy team member I met first and with in seconds I felt I was family. Lee didn't hide any fact that they are not looking for a warm body but rather a driven team member thats going to cut a path with the rest of G2. That set the pace in understanding G2 is on the move and will be at the forefront not a body factory IT company where your just a number and a contributor to the bottom line. I felt at G2 your just as important as anyone else and you really do make a difference.

Once in the conference room it was a three part interview Technical interview, Critical thinking (white board problem solving) and finally Project Discussion. All of the interviewers were warm not ego driven. They know they can pound you with questions that are caned but instead they tailor the interview to your resume and personality. I never felt they were trying to play stump the chump like panel interviews do, but rather bring out my personality and make me want to talk with them freely.

During the white board session I felt they wanted to see how you worked out a solution, why you did what you did and also keep a conversation to see your multi tasking ability and what was a priority or if you could balance it all and do so with poise.

If I had to do it all over again, I would just to experience a company that not only cares about its people but cares about the people they are interviewing! With out even saying it you know they want quality and they what the best and in that interview I wanted to do more and better with each challenge and question. Hands down the best interview I have ever experienced!!!

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, they tailor the questions to make you fell at ease but challenged.   1 Answer

G2 Inc. Response

Jan 27, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that you left your interview with a positive experience and understanding the types of people we are looking to hire ... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

They are ok. Culture seem ok. Hiring was pretty good. Pretty cool looking office, Google like. Interviewed with 3 managers for about 2 hours. I received an offer about 3 days after.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

I was in my last semester of college and applying to many different places. I had been going through different phone interviews, when I got a call from the recruiter at G2. This didn't seem like an average phone interview. Instead of asking me to try and code or answer programming questions over the phone it was more like questions about my goals and what I wanted to do after graduation. After talking for about twenty minutes I was invited to come in for an in person interview at G2 Inc. I was very nervous and did not know what to expect. I tried looking up reviews for interviews with G2 and there didn't seem to be much out there. I studied as many common interview questions as I could. I wanted to prepare myself, but did not know how or what to review. I came in on a Friday morning and right away I felt very comfortable. The recruiter came down the hallway on a scooter and was very welcoming. The first part of the interview was a critical thinking portion which lasted an hour with the recruiter. The next half hour was a technical interview just to ask about my resume and the programming languages that I had studied in school. The last half hour was a project discussion about the company and a little about my resume to see how I would potentially fit in with the company. I went from very nervous to relaxed pretty quickly. After the two hour interview I received a small tour of the office, and was told that my interview had went well, but they had to talk to about my interview before we could go any further. I then left and received a phone call fifteen minutes later with an offer. It was an overall great experience and I am very glad I got the opportunity to interview with a great company. Everyone that I met with the company was so nice and inviting, I immediately felt like I fit in and found a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• There was a device that had been developed by someone who worked at G2, that I was asked to figure out what it did. I was told nothing about the device, and had to ask yes or no questions until I figured out what it did. I almost did not get it, but got the answer just as I was running out of time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G2 Inc. in March 2014.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is quick. From the time picking up to the phone to the time start working takes about a few weeks which is fast and it is pretty straight forward, very technical. They will check your background and all. The company will disclose everything, nothing hidden but look carefully at all the offer the pay is well but the benefit and health is lousy.

Interview Questions

• technical questions directly to your area   1 Answer

Negotiation

fair and forward

G2 Inc. Response

Dec 8, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are always trying to make improvements to our benefits package. So that we can better understand your suggestions for improvement, we would like for you to provide us ... More