G2 Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

I was in my last semester of college and applying to many different places. I had been going through different phone interviews, when I got a call from the recruiter at G2. This didn't seem like an average phone interview. Instead of asking me to try and code or answer programming questions over the phone it was more like questions about my goals and what I wanted to do after graduation. After talking for about twenty minutes I was invited to come in for an in person interview at G2 Inc. I was very nervous and did not know what to expect. I tried looking up reviews for interviews with G2 and there didn't seem to be much out there. I studied as many common interview questions as I could. I wanted to prepare myself, but did not know how or what to review. I came in on a Friday morning and right away I felt very comfortable. The recruiter came down the hallway on a scooter and was very welcoming. The first part of the interview was a critical thinking portion which lasted an hour with the recruiter. The next half hour was a technical interview just to ask about my resume and the programming languages that I had studied in school. The last half hour was a project discussion about the company and a little about my resume to see how I would potentially fit in with the company. I went from very nervous to relaxed pretty quickly. After the two hour interview I received a small tour of the office, and was told that my interview had went well, but they had to talk to about my interview before we could go any further. I then left and received a phone call fifteen minutes later with an offer. It was an overall great experience and I am very glad I got the opportunity to interview with a great company. Everyone that I met with the company was so nice and inviting, I immediately felt like I fit in and found a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• There was a device that had been developed by someone who worked at G2, that I was asked to figure out what it did. I was told nothing about the device, and had to ask yes or no questions until I figured out what it did. I almost did not get it, but got the answer just as I was running out of time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

The recruiter was very quick to respond to the initial referral, emailing me back for an interview within a day or so. The interview was set up for the next week. The interview was over two hours long but very unique and forcing the me to be quick on my feet. The environment was great - it was relaxed, comfortable and enjoyable. There were activities I immediately noticed that encouraged this environment, such as a Foosball table and remote control race-cars (not to mention the interviewer greeted me by riding up with a scooter).
    The interview itself consisted of three stages: first was critical thinking, where I was to listen to a hypothetical scenario and solve it as best as I could; next was the technical interview, where I was asked basic questions related to Computer Science; and finally was project discussion, where I was asked the basic interview questions and discussing some resume details (this is where I learned most about the company, what they did, and what their work environment consisted of). Overall, It was a unique experience but thought it was a genuine way for myself and the company to learn about each other.

Interview Questions

• For me, it was when the interviewer gave me a hypothetical scenario, and asked me to stand up and create a detailed diagram representing how I would solve the problem. Unexpected - yes - forcing me to think on the spot and be creative - absolutely.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me exactly what I asked for in my application, so there was no need to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G2 Inc. in March 2014.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is quick. From the time picking up to the phone to the time start working takes about a few weeks which is fast and it is pretty straight forward, very technical. They will check your background and all. The company will disclose everything, nothing hidden but look carefully at all the offer the pay is well but the benefit and health is lousy.

Interview Questions

• technical questions directly to your area   1 Answer

Negotiation

fair and forward

G2 Inc. Response

Dec 8, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are always trying to make improvements to our benefits package. So that we can better understand your suggestions for improvement, we would like for you to provide us... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was dominated by HR, rather than working engineers. It was an entirely negative experience where the interviewer left no stone unturned to prove to the applicant that he is far too stupid and incapable to work there. Overall, the tone of the interview was a kind of masked aggression. The impression that one derives, at least from from the interview, is that the company tacitly accepts and perhaps encourages a hostile workplace atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• The candidate is asked to determine the purpose of a custom hardware breadboard device by asking questions of the interviewer. You are not allowed to ask what it is or what it does.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD).

Interview

First there was an initial call with HR. After that call I spoke on the phone with the Security officer. AAfter both those call I went to the office and meet with three people separately, the manager, the managers Couterpart and HR. All three interviews were not easy but the people were very genuine and wanted to make sure you knew your information as well as a good fit for the project.

Interview Questions

• From the personality quiz... Rank the order of a list of traits.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at G2 Inc. in May 2013.

Interview

After speaking with a recruiting manager and discussing my strengths and goals and hearing a bit about the culture at G2, we scheduled an in-person interview session. The interview was scheduled for two hours, and involved several unique exercises that were focused on seeing how candidates approach problem solving. These initial exercises were followed up with a technical discussion with one of their engineers and a business-related discussion with one of their business unit leads. Not only was the interview process exciting, it was a great opportunity to see how the company works, get a chance to see their office, and learn more about how the company tries to separate themselves from the traditional government contracting job.

Interview Questions

• One of the exercises involved trying to determine what a physical device did by asking questions, similar to the game "Twenty Questions." The device happened to be a prototype that one of the employees built during an internal research & development effort, and was a unique way to showcase some of the benefits of working at G2, while providing an opportunity for G2 to see how candidates respond, how they think, and how they interact with others.   Answer Question

I found a job significantly closer to family.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

They are ok. Culture seem ok. Hiring was pretty good. Pretty cool looking office, Google like. Interviewed with 3 managers for about 2 hours. I received an offer about 3 days after.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

Fantastic...three interviews...technical-leadership-cultural fit. I met with project managers, supervisors, and the president of the company. The interviews took about an hour each but it was much more of a discussion than direct questions

Interview Questions

• More of a dialogue of previous experiences and how they fit in the workplace versus specific what would you do questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G2 Inc. in January 2014.

Interview

Its quite silly; This is a butt-in-seat company; They asked me silly questions about a water-heater and how i would design it. There were hardly any technical questions except whether I had the necessary clearance.

Interview Questions

• Q. How would you design a coffee machine or Water Heater that must pump out exactly 100F water from the faucet

Q. Do you have a clearance. If so what is it.   1 Answer

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD).

Interview

During my initial interview, I was handed a puzzle ball and asked to take it apart and put it back together in 60 seconds. When the time ended, the recruiter told me that that was just a quirky thing that they like to do during their interviews and it didn't have any real impact on the overall interview. After chatting with the recruiter for a few minutes, she left as a project manager and security engineer entered to begin the position specific portion of the interview. I was offered a position contingent on contract award which unfortunately was not. I kept in contact with a recruiter was brought back in to discuss a position on a recently awarded contract. Since I had already made it through the interview process, this was a less formal discussion where we discussed the contract and the position to see if I was interested in pursuing it further.

Interview Questions

• Disassemble this puzzle ball and reassemble it in 60 seconds.   Answer Question