GCI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2018

2.9

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GCI (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

First, met with HR. Then met with two different teams. The first team determined that I wasn't a good fit for them, but a good fit for the company overall, which I thought was nice that they were thinking broadly about the company. It was mildly annoying to have to answer the same questions 10+ times, but otherwise, pretty normal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

Three interviews. One technical, the next an in person, and the final a manager meet and greet. The second interview was mostly just getting to know one another. There wasnt a lot of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a database index?   Answer Question
    • How would you build a bash script to turn systems off and on?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Lakewood, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

A very casual conversation on web technologies. I talked about my experience and show demos of my work on my laptop. They gave me one very easy css problem to solve and I went with the solution I know right off the top of my head and then gave them a better scaleable solution I came across.

Interview Questions

• How to center a 200px x 200px div to the center of the screen?   1 Answer

RF Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in March 2015.

Interview

I went to the Department Director's office and was asked several questions about my education and goals, had a chance to ask questions of my own, and then was told they'd contact me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GCI in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by manager and second phone screening was technical both were like an hour or so, friendly interview and a lot to talk about, eventually I got the offer and everything went fine. took three days onboarding and was helpful to understand the environment .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GCI in October 2015.

Interview

This was for a contracting position. So the interview process was brief.
    1 round by one of the hiring manager
    2nd round by a panel of 3 people .

Easy interview , was asked a few of technical questions
    Got the job pretty much immediately

Interview Questions

• OSPF stuck in Exstart state ? What is wrong   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

I interviewed with the manager of the department as well as the lead of the small team handling inbound calls for outside sales reps. It was awkward as the only real requirement for the job was being able to answer the phone, enter data, and repeat. I was hiring internally from the Customer Service pool so I was clearly qualified for the job, but I was still asked run of the mill questions that one would normally ask a newcomer to the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with data entry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Employees in the "lower level" positions are expected to accept the hourly wages previously determined for the various positions. Raises came in fifty cent increments ever 6-12 months pending a review.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in August 2014.

Interview

Lengthy question and answer process, conversational, 2 women interviews me and were very polite and easy to talk to. I could see myself working there and the job was a chance to step away from the auto business, which I'd been working in for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you were given an important project and how you successfully executed said project   2 Answers

Pay was not adequate

Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in August 2012.

Interview

Very rascist questions and marketing based questions. If you cannot meet sales goals or become "unbillable" you will be terminated. During annual reviews, GCI will focus on any of the smallest mistakes a person made in the last 12 months and make you feel like a squished bug when you walk out of the room. Wanted to commit suicide after my review because of how they do their review process. They made me feel like I am worthless and can never be good enough. Eventually terminated after 10 years of committed service.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in "5 years"?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Madison, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

Met several times to discuss the position and territory. Was told that I would be covering four major counties, which included fifty plus departments and many more commercial accounts. After being hired, they took away two major counties and reduced the commercial accounts in half.

Interview Questions

• How adept are you in selling technology.   1 Answer