GCI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.9

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

Three interviews. One technical, the next an in person, and the final a manager meet and greet. The second interview was mostly just getting to know one another. There wasnt a lot of technical questions.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

I interviewed with the manager of the department as well as the lead of the small team handling inbound calls for outside sales reps. It was awkward as the only real requirement for the job was being able to answer the phone, enter data, and repeat. I was hiring internally from the Customer Service pool so I was clearly qualified for the job, but I was still asked run of the mill questions that one would normally ask a newcomer to the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with data entry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Employees in the "lower level" positions are expected to accept the hourly wages previously determined for the various positions. Raises came in fifty cent increments ever 6-12 months pending a review.

Telecommunications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in April 2016.

Interview

the process :
    -introductions
    -non technical questions (tell me about yourself, what is your interview questions)
    - if you knew what you wanted and knew the tools they used they did ask how proficient are you with those tools.
    NOTE ** it was very friendly and felt like a conversation with the 3 employees.
    usually there are 3 people who ask you questions.

Interview Questions

• 0. what {insert subject (math, computer)} class(s) have you done ?
      1. how are you with excel?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Lakewood, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

A very casual conversation on web technologies. I talked about my experience and show demos of my work on my laptop. They gave me one very easy css problem to solve and I went with the solution I know right off the top of my head and then gave them a better scaleable solution I came across.

Interview Questions

• How to center a 200px x 200px div to the center of the screen?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied for a position and was contacted by an internal recruiter a few days later and a call was scheduled with the hiring manager. The hiring manager indicated that he wanted to make a decision within a few weeks. I didn't hear anything for several weeks then got a call to schedule an interview with someone else. A few more weeks went by then another phone interview. Finally, 3 months later I had an in-person interview in Anchorage and ended up speaking to 7 different people over the course of several days. After another month and several emails inquiring about the status I finally received an email back that they had gone with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GCI in October 2015.

Interview

This was for a contracting position. So the interview process was brief.
    1 round by one of the hiring manager
    2nd round by a panel of 3 people .

Easy interview , was asked a few of technical questions
    Got the job pretty much immediately

Interview Questions

• OSPF stuck in Exstart state ? What is wrong   1 Answer

Wireless RF Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online
    Got Email to meet at a conference room at the Job Corp building
    2 rounds of interview, a general interview and, if they liked you and thought you were qualified for the second round, a second more technical interview such as if you had any knowledge of electricity, dB and dBm differences, and tower climbing experience

Interview Questions

• Was there any situations where your work space was undesirable or difficult to work in?   Answer Question

RF Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in March 2015.

Interview

I went to the Department Director's office and was asked several questions about my education and goals, had a chance to ask questions of my own, and then was told they'd contact me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GCI in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by manager and second phone screening was technical both were like an hour or so, friendly interview and a lot to talk about, eventually I got the offer and everything went fine. took three days onboarding and was helpful to understand the environment .

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in August 2014.

Interview

Lengthy question and answer process, conversational, 2 women interviews me and were very polite and easy to talk to. I could see myself working there and the job was a chance to step away from the auto business, which I'd been working in for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you were given an important project and how you successfully executed said project   2 Answers

Pay was not adequate