Gameloft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gameloft Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.8

Game Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email to complete Game Design test which involved Market Analysis, Game Analysis of 3 games, Game Concept, and Feedback on a current game. After that got asked for interview, interview went pretty long and was done via video chat. Was asked several questions about thoughts on current mobile market, design questions on games and esports. Also went over a project on my portfolio, going over what was unique about it and the challenges encountered.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gameloft (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was long drawn out with many rounds, almost as if they take themselves a bit too seriously. One of the assignments was supposed to last three days and pretty much took up all my time.

Interview Questions

• Lots of useless stuff like cliched Engineering questions for stuff you'd never use in Data Science. Never in my more than five years of Data Science.   Answer Question

User Acquisitions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gameloft (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn for the San Francisco Location. First the HR headquartered in France gave me a questionnaire to fill out, after two weeks I was scheduled for a skype interview. During the skype interview the employer asked some basic background questions and also tests you on some knowledge of the field and metrics. Afterwards an onsite with a senior team member. Everything until this point was rather positive experience. However, after that interview I just never gotten a response back. I sent one email every week for 4 weeks to ask how the process is going but I never received a reply once. This was really unprofessional for an employer that already interviewed a candidate onsite and overall led to the negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Tests on KPI knowledge, know your impressions, conversions, installs, and how to translate between them.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted the HR from the studio. After a week, I got a reply about the internship which was available after 4 months from that point of time. I really didn't have a problem waiting for the internship. They reviewed my portfolio and CV, and got a mail for interview.

Interview Questions

• Gave a document with 26 game design question.   1 Answer

Game-Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gameloft in September 2015.

Interview

After sending an e-mail in regards to the application, I got a reply after 2 weeks with a producer-test.
    This test consisted out of 3 elements; write an extensive critique about 2 games, answer questions about producer-type situations and games and describe how you would create a 10-min demo.

This was quite some work, and after handing it in I got a reply saying "the results were negative" - with no explanation at all.

After my reply asking for more information in regards to why, I never got a reply.

Interview Questions

• Game-critique about 2 games   1 Answer

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview started with a brief phone screen over skype, then was given the standard gameloft test and was given a week to finish it. After passing the test I was scheduled for a 4 hour interview over skype with the technical director, etc. The interview went well, essentially you were given control of their computer and you go through a problem given by the director.

Interview Questions

• The problem was fairly similar to the gameloft test given, but simpler. Essentially the interviewer will just add onto the problem and look over your coding skills.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I got three rounds. One screen call, one program test, and lastly an interview with 4 people, including directors and managers.They will ask you a lot of culture fit questions. And, I had 2 hours to pair programming with their technical director.

UI Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft.

Interview

First there was an assessment online test which tested the skillset you were applying for; it was either a question and answer test or asked you to design or code or create something. They gave you 24 hours or a week or 3 hours to finish it, however long the test needed, and then they took several days or a week to review it. If you passed the technical assessment then you got a phone interview with HR (or before the test, I don't remember). And then you had an in person interview with HR and then with chosen team.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

A CV was submitted with a cover letter, a week later a received a application with tests and a brief to design a product. I was given a week to complete it and send it back. I then waited a few weeks, had an interview, waited another few weeks and received confirmation of the job.

Interview Questions

• Analyse a game critically, take about past experiences and design a product   Answer Question

Networking Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (New York, NY).

Interview

First email contact, an technical assessment ( 3hrs ) near of 30 questions and interview.
    They don't believe that you can do your job without formal education, even you explaing what you do on such technical level of implementation they will assume that you have no PROFESSIONAL experience.

Interview Questions

• "How do you learn programming without graduation ? "   1 Answer
    • "Do you have an USA work permit."   1 Answer
    • "How you was working without finish your gradutation ?"   1 Answer