Gameloft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gameloft

2.8

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gameloft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

First applied on the Gameloft website back in late Fall of 2012. Heard back in late March of 2013. Had 4 phone/Skype interviews over a period of 2 months. After the 4th and final Skype interview I was flown out to San Francisco and put up in a hotel for the night. The in person interview was about 2.5 hours long and consisted of talking to the same 4 people I spoke with previously and also meeting other key members of the North American team in SF. These conversations talked about the role in more depth, how I would handle a variety of situations and what I thought I'd bring to the Community Manager role that makes me the right fit. Overall it was a great experience, everyone was very friendly, open and honest about their experiences with Gameloft and what to expect.

If you are interviewed by Gameloft don't be overly worried if a phone call is very short. Two of my 4 phone calls/Skype calls were under 10 minutes, they are just very focused and get to the point! Answer to the best of your ability and you should be good!

Interview Questions

• Questions involving working with the development team in Europe and the complications that may or may not come along with that.   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Very professional, technical and relaxing at the same time. I had a test to do within 3 days (a small flash game to develop) and the interview questions were good, they rely very well on the game test.

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

it was easy, I just got 2 phone intverview and got offer.
    first was with HR, second was with artist. then I got offer from HR in 2 weeks.
    I got moving supports.

Technical Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The whole process include phone call interview and some paper test. At first HR will arrange a call interview with you talking about your general information. Then you may have a paper test to finish, about one week. At last one final call interview with HR and team lead.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about your experience, like education and career.   Answer Question

Game Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

They send you a document, you need to program a computer video game. You send it back and then it comes the interview over phone, they ask you to implement other things on your game.
    If you finish then your almost in.

Interview Questions

• Explain inheritance as if you were to explain it to your grand mother.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be too cocky, study your own code and prepare for the worst.

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview started with a brief phone screen over skype, then was given the standard gameloft test and was given a week to finish it. After passing the test I was scheduled for a 4 hour interview over skype with the technical director, etc. The interview went well, essentially you were given control of their computer and you go through a problem given by the director.

Interview Questions

• The problem was fairly similar to the gameloft test given, but simpler. Essentially the interviewer will just add onto the problem and look over your coding skills.   Answer Question

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gameloft (New Orleans, LA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied on Gameloft's career site and was contacted within two weeks. After an HR interview with Gameloft New Orleans they determined I was "good to go" for a technical test, which I got emailed to me a week later. At this point I told them I was interested in graphics so I got the graphics test, and it was a doozy. I'm not a good test-taker but I did my best. It was four hours for about 100 questions, including some longer ones worth more points.

They got back to me and said I wasn't moving on, but it was very cordial and friendly. I had no hard feelings.

Imagine my surprise when I got a call a few months later saying that I was considered again! I was pleased that they remembered me. Because it was so close to the summer things moved along pretty quickly, and I got a technical interview in a few days. It was tough as well but I did better with it. It consisted of me talking to one guy about two or three open-ended questions and then what kind of work would be expected of me. I sensed that they were going to extend an offer at this point, so maybe they don't always go over the anticipated work.

I was offered the position but sadly I couldn't take it. I was anticipating a housing stipend to help my poor intern self out but it never came. With Louisiana minimum wage at 7 an hour, it just was too expensive of a move. Everybody was wonderful and the company looks like a blast but, well, I guess these things just happen.

Interview Questions

• I was asked by my technical interviewer about game design ideas, which is not my forte really. I think it was a good question to ask, but I wasn't ready for it.   Answer Question

The distance (New Jersey to New Orleans) with no housing stipend was too great.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

1 Hr round, 1 online test, 1 skype interview. The online test had a lot of questions on graphics and bit manipulation. The HR round is very standard. HR was super nice to talk to. The Skype interview was taken by a panel of 3, all of whom asked different kind of questions, not all technical questions, I guess they were trying to gauge if you are a fit for the organization and what your prior experience and background is like.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Gouraud and Phong Shading   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I got three rounds. One screen call, one program test, and lastly an interview with 4 people, including directors and managers.They will ask you a lot of culture fit questions. And, I had 2 hours to pair programming with their technical director.

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Normal questions such as: Why you choose art, Tell me about your working experiences, what is important for you when you work for a company, will you relocate, etc.