General Atomics Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a Great phone and on site interview. The hiring manager was very nice. The team over all was great.the interview process took about four weeks from applying online to the end off interviews.

Interview Questions

General Atomics Response

Jul 3, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics in April 2017.

Interview

I was set up to have a phone interview with one of the company's current engineers. It was very obvious this person was looking at my resume for the first time during the interview. I was only asked a couple non-technical questions and then they were done. My follow up questions took up the majority of the time.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the challenges you came across in your previous job?   Answer Question

May 5, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the feedback and regret that you had this experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Meet with HR, then meet with department manager. Manager ask about background then proceeds to ask a serious of technical questions. Some required reciting equations. Some are basic concepts related to engineering. Then meet with potential lead who proceeded to ask similar questions.

FYI, this has changed and is now a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• None of the ones I was asked were unexpected or particularly unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. HR called, offered me the job at a certain salary and I took it.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Called me in for an interview. There was no phone interview, which was odd. I don't want to say what kind of engineer since i am not sure yet if they are going to make an offer.
    I first went to the HR building which was down the street from the building i would be working at. Talked to the HR lady who was about 10 minutes late. She spent the whole time about how wonderful it was to work there and that no one has been laid off ever and how excellent this guy was that was going to be interviewing me, and how great the benefits are etc.
    SHe asked what I was making and i told her, and her first question after that was "If we were to offer you that, would you take it?"

I explained that I have an offer pending from another company so it would have to depend on what that other offer was. These people will clearly try to lowball me if they were to make an offer.

Then i got to get back into my car and drive to the other building which was about a mile away. Some lady met me up front and took me to a conference room, gave me a written test to fill out, came back in an hour and picked it up.
    5 minutes later a guy who i am assuming was a senior engineer walks in and proceeds to tell me in great detail what the questions on the test that i got wrong were, and basically seemed like his main point was to prove how smart he was. He didn't seem at all interested in my experience or what I had to say.
    Asked me some other questions and went on his way. I did pretty darn good on the quiz, i got 16 right out of 19.

i waited about 20 minutes alone in the room twiddling my thumbs and eventually another older gentleman walks in and asks me some other questions about what i worked on and completely was apparent he was reading my resume for the first time. On his way out he gets my name wrong.

10 minutes later, the woman who escorted me walks in and tells me that the other guys who were going to interview me had to go to a meeting, and that I was done for the day.

Never heard back from them until I got an offer from another company and let GA know that i got an offer and wanted to give them a chance, but they said "it was a tough decision but we decided to move forward with another candidate".
    Hmm, k , suit yourself.

A simple phone interview could have prevented me from wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• SOme op amp circuit that you learn in college and quickly forget   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Adelanto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (Adelanto, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

It was very relaxed and easy. Gave a basic tour of facility then asked basic personallity questions. Where do you see yourself in 10 years and all the HR basic quesitions. Overall not challeneging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Spoke to an HR person who basically went over my resume to make sure everything was correct. Talked a lot about the culture of the company. Asked if I had any questions. Asked what my schedule was like to arrange a follow up interview on-site but never heard back from her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call from an HR guy, he said the engineering manager wanted to do a phone screening interview. He had to reschedule once, but then called. It was awkward, and he was very much to the point. He didn't care about me, just wanted to know my experience, and seemed to try to find holes in my statements. He was very specific, and didn't put up with anything. He probably gets what he wants which is why he is where he is.

Interview Questions

• He wanted to know about a specific thing I had listed on my resume which turned into a half dozen followup questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I had a group interview. It was not a structured interview like a lot of the big companies have now. It was with the group I'd be working with, which was nice. They were very open and forthright. Interview took about 4 hours. I first met with the technical HR recruiter. He explained the company, that it is privately owned and the owners stay involved. I got to take a tour of the facility which sounds like is the norm.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me 'typical' interview question. What are your 3 best and 3 worst personality traits?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The initial interview session consisted of the HR Manager, the hiring manager and a person within the department. The second interview was with a VP of the department and another person. The third interview was with the Senior VP and another person. These interviews were usually one week apart. After the last interview an offer was made about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some negotiation was allowed.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics in February 2017.

Interview

Very straight and to the point with no surprises. HR Staff was very helpful and guided me thru the interview process with several supervisors and managers. I was impressed with the professionalism of everyone I encountered

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations in the next 5 years   1 Answer

Apr 6, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.