General Atomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Atomics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview asking me simple technical questions. If you pass that, then they invite you for an onsite interview. The whole process was fairly quick.

Strategic Supplier Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA).

Interview

Applied online, call back within a week by HR rep for setting up phone interview the following day with hiring manager and 2 others via 30 minute conference call. HR scheduled onsite interview about 2 weeks after phone. Requires a background check and at least 3 recommendations via web tool-must be previous coworkers, managers, or professors.
    Onsite had hiring manager, HR rep, and 5 other employees from the Strategic Sourcing group. 1 hour interview, about 20 questions that were prepared and round table questions. Questions were both technical and behavioral- relating to supplier management, coworker interactions, explain how you would handle X, what type of processes are involved in building X, etc.
    After interview- HR called one time and said they needed a week, called back and said they were interested and would need a few weeks to prepare the offer. Overall process took 3 months to get an offer from submitting for role and obtaining offer letter. Great on boarding so far!

Interview Questions

• Describe what happens during a bed of nails test in the circuit board production process?   Answer Question

Sensor Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics in July 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was a short phone interview. She asked mostly standard HR questions and qualifications questions and discussed the position. The process was very easy and took less than 30 minutes.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Took about 6 weeks total. First a phone interview then an on-site interview. The phone interview was basically C questions and the on-site interview was more behavioral questions. Then lastly, you write a program.

Interview Questions

• The programming test, in the end, did stump me for a while because I haven't worked with C in a while.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying, the entire process consisted of a phone interview, followed by a meeting with HR , in-person interview with a panel of 3 software engineers, and coding assessment. The phone interview just asked simple logical, coding, and OOP questions as well as any questions I had about the company. I got called a week later to set up an in-person interview. HR just talked to me about benefits the company offers. The panel interview afterwards consisted of the majority of questions being about my projects, how I handled certain situations, my interests relative to the company, the programming languages I liked the most, etc. Gave plenty of room to ask them questions. The hour with the panel really felt more of a conversation, and with this being my first interview ever, I felt really comfortable talking to them. Afterwards, there was a one hour coding assessment; not difficult if you understand what the problem is asking you to do. I spent the first half hour doing it the wrong way; the second half hour I figured out what I had to actually do and finished it on time. After the in-person interview, I was called back within 4 days at which point they extended a job offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe to us what your senior design project was about and your responsibilities.   Answer Question

Jul 3, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Two phone Interviews :

First with an HR representative (screening)
    Second with Legal Personal (discussed experience and skills in more detail)

One in-person interview

First with HR and then with two Legal Personal. Mainly asked about workload.

Interview Questions

• Experience with high volume of work in a fast-paced environment.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

first the phone interview and then in-person interview. awesome people to take phone interview and amazing in-person interview team. they welcomed with a good introduction to themselves and then went into interview questions. made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• about OOP concepts and execution and when have I used it   1 Answer

Jun 2, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Initial phone interview then moved to an on-site interview. My phone interview was more technical and approximately 45 minutes. Onsite was mostly behavioral with some technical. Met with HR, a group of engineers, and had a programming assessment.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Email/phone call from HR asking to schedule a phone interview. The interview is about 30min; the first 2/3 is questions about your resume (past experience, languages, projects), the last third is their standard technical screen which you can find on Glassdoor. Assuming you pass the phone interview, you're brought on-site. The on-site starts with a quick information session with an HR rep that's mostly just about the company and their benefits, then an hour long interview with a panel of 3 engineers, then an hour-long coding session in C. The panel interview was mostly about past projects you've done - be prepared to give specific answers to how you contributed and problems you faced. The coding problem had to do with parsing an array of unsigned chars and following some specific logic depending on the values you saw. Total time between first applying online to getting an answer after the on-site was about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was a specific technical challenge that you had to solve in order to finish this project?   Answer Question

Jun 2, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a Great phone and on site interview. The hiring manager was very nice. The team over all was great.the interview process took about four weeks from applying online to the end off interviews.

Interview Questions

General Atomics Response