General Atomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Atomics Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

first the phone interview and then in-person interview. awesome people to take phone interview and amazing in-person interview team. they welcomed with a good introduction to themselves and then went into interview questions. made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• about OOP concepts and execution and when have I used it   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Initial phone interview then moved to an on-site interview. My phone interview was more technical and approximately 45 minutes. Onsite was mostly behavioral with some technical. Met with HR, a group of engineers, and had a programming assessment.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Phone call interview first then scheduled in person interview. Easy going conversation with a few employees in the department. Comfortable environment. Important to be confident and honest. Background check is needed if you are offered a position.

Interview Questions

General Atomics Response

May 5, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies. Welcome to the 2017 intern class, we look forward to working with ... More

UAS Civilian Airspace Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

I applied online on Indeed.com for the position. A month after I applied, I received a call from a recruiter for the company to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview took place I was to be contacted a week later to set up a face-to-face interview in San Diego. Interview process is still occurring.

Interview Questions

General Atomics Response

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Atomics (Cypress, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate talent acquisition person via email asking me to review a particular position description on their website. The position looked like it aligned well with my background so I responded to the email asking how to proceed whereby I was told to apply for the position online, attach my resume, and propose a time for a telephone interview. I did, and an interview date and time was established with the technical manager who was hiring for this position within his group. So far, so good.

However, things went south as soon as the interview began. It was obvious to me that the interviewer had not even glanced at my resume prior to the call. Practically the first thing he said to me was 'are you applying for a contract or direct position?', which I explained I would be willing to work either depending upon the other circumstances... I thought the position had already been established as direct by the company when they posted the job but position descriptions can be vague so it's possible I was mistaken. I assumed this was confusion on the interviewer's part since I have worked contract jobs recently.

The interviewer described the company and specifics about the position while he skimmed my resume. The position also involved elements of project management, such as Earned Value Management, and I mentioned that I have previous experience in that as well (as my resume clearly indicates this).

When he finished about ten minutes later I could already tell that he wasn't interested in considering me for the position. I assume now he had a set of skills and experience in his mind that he wanted the person to have and didn't find it in his cursory 'review' of my resume.

He asked a generic interview question, listened without any comment, question, or elaboration on my answer and then asked if I have any questions for him. This is about 15 minutes into the 'interview'.

I asked a couple of the questions I had prepared which he gave decent answers for but the entire time I was thinking about what a bad experience this had been for both of us.

I'm sure the interviewer is busy but my time is as valuable to me as his time is to him. Apparently all he needed was 10 minutes skimming my resume while he multitasked to conclude he didn't want to hire me. My recommendation would be to spend that 10 minutes prior to the interview.

ISSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at General Atomics (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

3 interviewers, low stress, good mix of question types (technical, personality, etc.). The recruiter contacted me and I had a interview within the week. The overall attitude of the interview was laid back, They asked plenty of questions and adequately answered mine.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 types of log files and where can they be found.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. After submitting my application online I received a call from HR just asking basic questions. A few weeks later I received another call from HR with more questions and to schedule a phone interview with two directors from the department I would be working with. The panel interview was very casual and it discussed my resume and experience. Also asked about why I was interested in this internship in particular. Background check and 2 weeks later I got the offer. No in person interview.

Interview Questions

General Atomics Response

May 5, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies. We look forward to having you as part of our 2017 intern class.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics in April 2017.

Interview

I was set up to have a phone interview with one of the company's current engineers. It was very obvious this person was looking at my resume for the first time during the interview. I was only asked a couple non-technical questions and then they were done. My follow up questions took up the majority of the time.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the challenges you came across in your previous job?   Answer Question

May 5, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the feedback and regret that you had this experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Associate Mass Properties Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of 2 interviews. The first interview was on the phone and the second was an on-site interview. The phone interview was with 2 engineers, where we went over my resume and they asked questions about my projects. The on-site interview was with a recruiter , 2 engineers, and the manager.

Senior Sharepoint Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

conducted a 30 minute phone interview process then an in person interview with a group panel, hiring manager, a project manager and human resources. the in person interview process took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name one challenge you encountered and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview with General Atomics and affiliated companies.