General Atomics Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 500 of over 500 interviews

Recruiter7%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

General Atomics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

Extremely Straightforward and concise. All contact with HR was fantastic. My main point of contact was my mentor. They did ghost me for about a month while they were "talking to higher ups" about having me join the group. But after some patience, and following up multiple times, they did finally get back to me.

Interview Questions
  • Q: How do you think your skillset makes you uniquely capable for this position?
    Answer Question

General Atomics

Application

I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

Interview process reflected on previous experiences. Questions were straight to the point and mainly situation and behavioral questions that you should be able to relate and correlate back to those experiences.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

General Atomics

Application

I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

Long interview process with multiple levels. First a phone interview, then wait. A few weeks later an in person interview with the manager and a panel. After a tour. Then weeks will go by

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

General Atomics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

Interview questions were straight forward no trick questions . They ask good questions and really look at what you do and don’t know . Supervisors giving the interview are cool people that know what they are talking about .

Interview Questions
  • Asked what machines I’ve ran .

General Atomics

Application

I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

They asked questions about my school projects and my classes. The more technical part was just basic stuff. They did ask me about how to convert certain binary numbers, which I struggled with. But other than that it was a relatively basic interview with good questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

General Atomics

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

I was cautious to interview with GA when contacted by an agency because they don't necessarily have the best reputation here in San Diego. Unfortunately, GA lived up to that reputation during this process. I spent about 4-5 hours interviewing over 2 rounds with several different leaders. Some were friendly and some were down right unfriendly. Worst part was there was never any follow up whatsoever. No email, no phone call, no text after the interview. Very, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • They interviewers did most of the talking. I actually said very little over the course of the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Salt Lake City, UT) in Apr 2022

Interview

One on one video interview that was mainly a behavioral interview. Advanced to the next stage which was a technical with a group of interviewers. Each interview lasted roughly 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (New York, NY) in Apr 2022

Interview

Everything progressed quickly from two phone interviews to a full panel inperson. They mostly focused what was on my resume. I demonstrated knowledge of equipment in their lab, and got a tour of the engineering department for the first hour and a half. The first two people kept telling me what a great place this is to work. The last hour and a half was with a team of engineers. They mostly focused on what my resume listed, and had me answer questions, and drawing examples on the white board. I know I got most of the questions correct. I asked for honest feed back and they only had compliments to give me. I had taken a couple days of work off to make time for these interviews. I left feeling like I got the job. The following week I got an automated email saying they would not hire me. I asked for feedback and was only told to keep applying for other positions. This position is still open, and I have not been contacted about any other openings since. I know I am qualified to work here, but it is so hard to get in this company. I have heard it is not what you know, but who you know that gets you a job here.I wish they would have been honest and not wasted my time. This company has a bad reputation for being overly picky, getting your hopes up, and nepotism. If you don't have family or friends there, don't bother to apply.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in Apr 2022

Interview

I was contacted via a recruiter and submitted information. Received a request for a phone interview, followed by a 5-hour in-person interview. I thought the entire process was straightforward. HR was indeed difficult to work with, but I did receive quick notice within 2-3 days that I was not offered the position. The reason: I wasn't proficient in a specific code language (which was neither asked during the interview, nor was it listed on my resume). Disappointed to go through this process and dedicate time and resources for what HR / Hiring Team should have identified right away.

Interview Questions
  • Describe prior experience in software languages, implementation and product delivery.

General Atomics

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

There was three individual interviews, a group interview, and a required 20-minute presentation for the team. Communication with the company was difficult with lack of timely responses and confusing emails.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 500 Interviews

General Atomics Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at General Atomics as 65.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.86 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Developer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at General Atomics takes an average of 32 days when considering 569 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Developer had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 29 days).

Common stages of the interview process at General Atomics according to 569 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.64%