General Atomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Atomics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Had two rounds with multiple people both times. It's a company run by and for scientists and engineers, so the process is no-nonsense but also focused on skills. There were no "gotcha" questions designed to knock you off-balance, but there will be plenty of tough questions designed to test your knowledge for the position. Standards are high so be ready to impress.

Interview Questions

• Several questions looking for in-depth knowledge of the subject matter.   Answer Question

Senior Subcontract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Panel interview all middle aged men. Polite but clearly had not read my resume. Knew when I finished I did not get the job and got email in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply with our company and not Northrop Grumman?   Answer Question

Software Developer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

I applied online. First I received an email requesting a phone interview. I was contacted back very soon to schedule an on-site interview.

For the on-site: Spoke with the HR, then had a 1:1 meeting with an engineer + coding problem. Later met with others to talk about resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked about some C language basics.
      Also asked a bit about operating systems.
      On-site technical question was in C.
      Answer Question

UAV Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (Rancho Bernardo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

HR interview, personable. Interview with manager and panel, dull, one was slightly smug. Three middle aged men who were clearly all former military. Old goat locker club. Asked really no technical questions. Most questions were of the "if this happened, what would you do?" I did check out their experience, none seemed to have any actual UAS/UAV in the field experience (the smug one had no experience and was a former Navy vet.) I know another applicant, who is an attorney and a UAV pilot applied last year, about his interview experience. He said they were professional and made no other comment. I think they want to fill positions for their buddies who are getting out of the military. I don't see them looking for anyone that doesn't fit their mold.

My only comment regarding HR is that they are very slow and seem complacent in performing their job. A current employee that I also know said his job placement took six months. I emailed HR to get further info on my interview but, they never bothered to return my email or my phone call. Frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Generally about what you would scenarios involving employees.   1 Answer

General Atomics Response

Mar 23, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the feedback and regret that you had this experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

I first had a phone interview. From the phone interview they wanted to know personally based questions. Know your resume really well. The second interview was a little bit more relaxed but know your resume for this too. I met with multiple managers and they asked about past projects, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were a good team player   Answer Question
    • What was the biggest mistake you ever made and how did you deal with this mistake?   Answer Question

Technical Writer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews- a phone interview that was 10 minutes long, and an in person interview that was 2.5 hours long. The in person interview consisted of a 30 minute interview with the HR representative. The rest was with four hiring managers (one was a veteran, ex-Navy aviator). Bring samples of your writing, but focus on your technical background. Be prepared to demonstrate your knowledge- go in with a plan. Know the terminology (they love the technobabble). If you're a veteran, tell them if you were an instructor and if you are a certified Master Training Specialist. Also, spend time on their website and get to know their products-at both the phone and in person interviews, they asked about what I knew about General Atomics. Also, the managers have no say in what you get paid- that comes from HR and is non-negotiable, but they pay you fairly.

Interview Questions

• If you are looking to improve your knowledge base on a technical system you are responsible for writing on, where would you go?   1 Answer

Intern III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics in January 2017.

Interview

For my phone interview i had a panel of 2 interviewers. One was the head hiring manager and the other was one of the engineers. The phone interview was mainly just behavioral questions. They asked about things on my resume; So, you should definitely know your resume well.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths? what are your weaknesses? how ar eyou improving your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • tell me about your projects?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

Interview

I had a phone interview with General atomics, which was very pleasant. The interview basically revolved around questions from things that I put on my resume. Things like skill level in a particular programming language, and how I would go about solving a problem with a framework that I had experience in.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

Had an interview with Diazyme, the biotech company associated with GA. Had a phone screen and then in person interview. Met with HR and that went fairly well - mostly behavioral questions and getting to know the company. Met with the CEO who was not very friendly and difficult to speak with; he asked many technical questions that were confusing to interpret.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company and General Atomics and what we do?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Rancho Bernardo, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Two part, HR and then prospective managers. The HR had some questions then the prospective mangers questioned me for an hour. They were thorough and indepth. You're not going to BS them, you have got to know your trade.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your familiarity with Bloom's Taxonomy and Kirkpatrick as they relate to ISD.   Answer Question