General Atomics Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Atomics Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Company website and after a screening interview with HR was invited to interview at their facility on the West Coast. The interview was a series of interviews with HR and managers, including the hiring manager. There was considerable duplication in the interviews, which gave the impression that the interviewers had not coordinated their strategy before I attended. After the interview I was given a strong indication that an offer would follow but due to company reorganisation and a pending contract awaiting sign-off they were not in a position to make an offer, with initial suggestions that something would happen within 2 weeks, then the end of the next month and finally soon but nothing was ever heard. Ultimately, I went with another employer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly standard - for example, how would your colleagues describe you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

HR process slower than Vermont Maple Syrup in Jan. HR rep tried like the dickens to lowball salary expectation out of the chocks during first phone interview. 'Reduced expectations' commensurate with my experience with HR Dept: the initial HR 'greeter' had no idea why I was there, and after finally figuring out who I was supposed to meet, I got to sit for 20 minutes past interview slot waiting for HR rep who told me, "Sorry, I was on a phone call".

HR will send out 'ref requests' with a 'cover letter' to the recipients signed on your behalf. Not that I mind a letter going to my refs, but if I didn't write it, it shouldn't have my name on it...it is a 'cheesy' letter to boot.

I hope the Predator can make time on target better than the 'first impression crew' at GA.

(they failed their interview)

Interview Questions

• very standard HR questions ("Why do you want to work here?")   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

HR initially told me I was not qualified. I spoke with a hiring manager who indicated I had just the right background (the same as his background). HR fought me every step of the way. HR at GA-ASI is the worst I have ever dealt with.

The interview was with 5 individual hiring managers in series. They are all looking for a particular niche to fill what they are missing and questions revolve around production knowledge and management style. How you deal with people etc.

Something to note with GA, your personality is a major driver to the hire/no hire decision. You need to be able to get along with people. No egos (fighter pilots). This will sink you faster than anything. High EQ individuals will do well especially if you can read your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How would you gauge your management style   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The HR rep made this a take it or leave it offer. I checked with the hiring manager because I felt the offer was low. He indicated there was no opportunity to negotiate salary.
    Note: This was an internal transfer.