Gibson Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2018

2.5

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Long process 4 months in. Several calls. Everything had to go through the CEO schedule was not very coordinated. Hr didn't have the right questions to ask seemed very jr

CEO reviews

Inventory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gibson Brands.

Interview

I applied to this position knowing it was probably too low for me. However, with significant music industry experience and really needing a job, I gave it a shot. I got a pretty fast email from a recruiter. He gave me some standard forms to complete and set a timeline of 48hours. The applictaion was pretty standard, but the addendum was unbelievable. They asked me to sign for somplete inventory responsibility and to agree that I would owe them for any deviations, even including a payment plan if needed. This was shocking to me and i dont even think it is legal. If an employee steals, they should be prosecuted by law. But to ask me to be responsible when i don't know the processes or controls and then to have no ability to contest their allegation, is absurd. It reminded me that Gibson uses litigation as a beusiness tool and is widely disrespected for this in the mjusic industry. I politely declined the position and will never apply to them again.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Memphis, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

Had three interview the same day each one of the gentlemen gave off positive vibes they where so passionate about the brand and what they desired but the best part for me was when my first interviewer said they were a Family that's very important to me

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself ?   1 Answer

Builder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Memphis, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview went well but don't think I'll take the position. I'm not flexible in my time. I was grateful to get the interview but the job is probably not for me

The job wasn't for me

Builder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gibson Brands.

Interview

Applied online and received a call two weeks later. After initial phone call I was sent a link to an online test that lasted 2 hours. HR contacted me to schedule interview 2 days later. Interviewed with HR and 2 Factory Supervisors in 3 separate interviews. Most questions were related to skills and past experience. Job offer came after a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Interview was easy, online test questions were very strange.   1 Answer

Took another job due to length of time for offer.

Assistant Copntroller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN) in January 2009.

Interview

You start with a phone interview, then go on to several online tests (that will take time for which you aren't compensated) The in-person interview is by 4 different people seperately in 2 different locations. The 4, CFO, Director of Accounting, HR Rep, and Controller had been with Gibson for a range of 9 months to 9 years. Just keep putting the ball back in their court.

Interview Questions

• Neither difficult, nor unexpected, but the ever present "tell me about yourself"   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I am very said to say but for this to be such a big company and have such a great name Gibson Brand. The HR/Recruiting process is sad. It hurts to see as a Recruiter how we get such a bad Rep but things like this is why, the reason people find it hard to trust us once they deiced to give us a chance.

I have been reached out too, twice from a Gibson Recruiter once about a year ago and once about 3 weeks ago. The firs time I had a Recruiter reach out over the phone, she was great I felt the first time we spoke. She reached back out to me again, letting me know she would be setting me up with a face2face interview .... Well I waited to heat back from her, I called and emailed her never got a word from her... So I felt it was their lost.

Well 3 weeks ago, I had a recruiter reach back out to me to set up a phone conversation, Once I replied back to the email with day and times I was open to speak. I didnt get one word back from the recruiter.

Its just sad, if you decided to move on with other prospect, Let the person know that you reached out to. What so hard about telling the prospect we decided to move another direction.

Is so sad that we are the face of a company, the first one that anyone talks to and recruiters do this. I really hope the Manager for the NASHVILLE TN location steps in and figure out whats going on with his or her team.

Candidate Experience should be very important to any business but I guess not with Gibson or this team because it seems they cant keep a good recruiter in that place... Get it together group, you have a big name company standing behind you!!!!

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN) in January 2008.

Interview

Long tests, psychology tests which were so out-dated they were incompatible with about every computer or PC so you had to take it over and over. It was also odd that many people I interviewed with told me "the job won't last, he fires everyone" and "rent don't buy." Most people were more interested in telling me why I shouldn't join the company than why I should. Found that very odd.

Interview Questions

• If a train goes around a track at a certain speed when will it get to the other side of the track. Although not exact this was the basis for one of the questions on the psychology test you have to take to be considered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. The CEO calls you, asks you what you want, says OK and then tells you to start doing daily reports immediately.

Senior Director, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Inefficient & ineffective. Three months, two phone interviews, 3 hours of psychological tests (most out of date & not relevant to the role), 1 hour of forms to fill out, and little initiative by company during process to keep me informed of the status of the search. After first interview with CEO was cancelled due to inclement weather and three weeks passed, I was informed by staffing manager that they had been unable to find time on CEO's schedule. She offered dates for following week, but I could not (due to prior interview commitments). No alternative dates/times were offered. After four weeks, I reached out to CHRO, who informed me - via email - that company had decided to not fill the position externally.

Interview Questions

• Interviews themselves were professionally conducted - majority, behavior-based questions   Answer Question

Executive Vice President Interview

Application

I interviewed at Gibson Brands in July 2014.

Interview

I actually never got to interview. I was called on a Friday for a Monday interview with the CEO. I called the recruiter back and left him a message letting him know that Monday would not work. I received a return to this call from the recruiter on Monday that went to my voicemail (as I had a full day of interviews with another company). The recruiter again asked if I could meet the CEO at the exact same time on Monday. I called back on Tuesday and left a message stating that I had interviews the day before and apologized for not being able to reschedule. Tuesday afternoon I received a form rejection letter stating that Gibson would go in another direction with the job. What a joke. I should have trusted all of the things that others have said about Gibson on Glassdoor and just not bothered them.