Gibson Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.4

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Memphis, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

Had three interview the same day each one of the gentlemen gave off positive vibes they where so passionate about the brand and what they desired but the best part for me was when my first interviewer said they were a Family that's very important to me

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself ?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I am very said to say but for this to be such a big company and have such a great name Gibson Brand. The HR/Recruiting process is sad. It hurts to see as a Recruiter how we get such a bad Rep but things like this is why, the reason people find it hard to trust us once they deiced to give us a chance.

I have been reached out too, twice from a Gibson Recruiter once about a year ago and once about 3 weeks ago. The firs time I had a Recruiter reach out over the phone, she was great I felt the first time we spoke. She reached back out to me again, letting me know she would be setting me up with a face2face interview .... Well I waited to heat back from her, I called and emailed her never got a word from her... So I felt it was their lost.

Well 3 weeks ago, I had a recruiter reach back out to me to set up a phone conversation, Once I replied back to the email with day and times I was open to speak. I didnt get one word back from the recruiter.

Its just sad, if you decided to move on with other prospect, Let the person know that you reached out to. What so hard about telling the prospect we decided to move another direction.

Is so sad that we are the face of a company, the first one that anyone talks to and recruiters do this. I really hope the Manager for the NASHVILLE TN location steps in and figure out whats going on with his or her team.

Candidate Experience should be very important to any business but I guess not with Gibson or this team because it seems they cant keep a good recruiter in that place... Get it together group, you have a big name company standing behind you!!!!

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I am afraid all the reviews I had read were correct...
    I applied online and got an email from HR a few days later to schedule a call. The person did not call me or pick up the phone at the time we had set up. A week later (…), she briefly apologized and scheduled another time, and then called with 25 minutes delay. Afterwards, I had a long series of calls with various people at the company and it lead to the second phase: a couple of hours of online personality and IQ tests and a dozen pages to fill out. It took weeks for the website to work and for HR to finally send me the right credentials.
    After another month of waiting, they invited me to the headquarters for another round of interviews. They seemed pleased with me and promised an answer within the next two weeks. I followed up a few times, but the CEO still had to approve my hire. Nobody at HR would give me any update or reply to my emails. After 5 months, they finally let me know the position no longer existed! It has been by far the most frustrating and disrespectful interview process I went through

Director, Entertainment Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gibson Brands in October 2016.

Interview

Well...sadly, everything you've read here is accurate. The entire process (if there was one) took four months and consisted of an initial screening with HR, a panel interview with peers and leadership and an in-person meeting in Nashville. Long periods of silence between each stage. After four months, I called to see if I was still a candidate (I was). Eventually, I accepted a similar position with a competing brand. After some reflection, I have to assume one or more of the following: 1) This position is not vital to the organization or they would have filled it in some timely manner. 2) They just don't have their act together.

Also, there was a undertone of "run away" from many the folks I spoke with. Almost like they were warning me not to join them. One even let me know that there had been six people in the position in the last three years. And I would strongly recommend updating the online employee assessment, which seems to have been scripted sometime in the late 70's.

In conclusion, the people there seemed super nice and really knowledgable, but their systems seem antiquated and leadership seems weak. Great products though. Wish them well. I also don't expect any change will come from this post, but perhaps it will be useful to someone who interviews there.

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Long process 4 months in. Several calls. Everything had to go through the CEO schedule was not very coordinated. Hr didn't have the right questions to ask seemed very jr

CEO reviews

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

so heres the scoop,, i applied,, after month of waiting i was called in for the interview,, woke up early,, put on my nice close, met with hr and was interviewed, all went well, hr told me they liked me and then followed by taking this silly computer test,, so that went well,..
    i get called in for a second panel interview and was told i was hired on the spot to work in quality control and that i would start in two weeks.. was also told i would receive an email with info on physical and drug test,, great,,im ready..
    back it up when i was told i was hired. they said congrats,, hand shakes..and more congrats,, i said my thank yous and
    mentioned that i would not accept any more touring jobs and they said great...
    so 3 weeks pass by no email on drug text or physical,, so i call hr and mentioned i was suppose to start a week ago as i was told and have not received anything.. they said hang tight we will send you an email with all the info..
    next thing i know i receive an email tell me that i was not hired.. ???? wtf are you kidding,..i gave up touring gigs thinking i was going to have this great job at gibson..
    i called hr and they never returned my calls so i call the hr supervisor and told her about what happened and sent her the emails that ocnfirmed that i was hired and congrats.. she said she would get back to me and well never did.. i called back two later and told them how i felt and questioned them as to what kind of company are you guys and you should be ashamed of your selves,, then to find out they have a habit of doing this and treating there employees like crap..
    one of my other guitar reps from another brand told me i should be happy that i dodged a bullet by not working with them..
    real shame,, i own numerous older and vintage gibson guitars,, happy to say i dont own any of the newere gibson guitars that are all failures and garbage..

my advice to anyone applying,, dont waste your time.. anyone wanting to buy a new gibson,, your better off going onto reverb,com and buying a vintage one.. you will not have any investment in this new circuit board so called guitars..
    there i said my piece of mind...

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gibson Brands in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, Initial call with recruiter then follow up video conference call nearly a monthly later after initial call. Radio silence for weeks in between and afterwards despite several emails.

Entertainment Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Hours upon hours of archaic Citrix-based testing online for HR. Group interview. No room for questions at the end. The owner's son was present as an interviewer (he is the Global Director of ER - looks like he fast-tracked to that position). He looked as if he had just fallen out of bed and needed serious caffeine. Honestly, he was somewhat grumpy, not personable AT ALL, and not particularly enthusiastic about certain aspects of Gibson at that moment. It was really at that point when I thought, "if he is the future of the company, do I really want this person as my (even indirect) boss?" No. I wouldn't have taken the job had it been offered.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you failed at something.   1 Answer

Senior Director, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Inefficient & ineffective. Three months, two phone interviews, 3 hours of psychological tests (most out of date & not relevant to the role), 1 hour of forms to fill out, and little initiative by company during process to keep me informed of the status of the search. After first interview with CEO was cancelled due to inclement weather and three weeks passed, I was informed by staffing manager that they had been unable to find time on CEO's schedule. She offered dates for following week, but I could not (due to prior interview commitments). No alternative dates/times were offered. After four weeks, I reached out to CHRO, who informed me - via email - that company had decided to not fill the position externally.

Interview Questions

• Interviews themselves were professionally conducted - majority, behavior-based questions   Answer Question

Builder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gibson Brands.

Interview

Applied online and received a call two weeks later. After initial phone call I was sent a link to an online test that lasted 2 hours. HR contacted me to schedule interview 2 days later. Interviewed with HR and 2 Factory Supervisors in 3 separate interviews. Most questions were related to skills and past experience. Job offer came after a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Interview was easy, online test questions were very strange.   1 Answer

Took another job due to length of time for offer.