Gigya Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Gigya Interview Questions

Interviews at Gigya

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gigya (Mountain View, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee whom I already knew from High School, I had a 25-minute phone screen and was contacted within the next few days for an on-site interview. I interviewed with 3 people who asked very good, prying, and non-generic questions, which I really enjoyed. Found out a day later that I got the job, they were very prompt with everything.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of non-typical questions and oddly specific things about past work experience and what motivated me in different situations   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gigya (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

I was initially told the interview process would not be drawn out. A few interviews and then trip to corporate for in person interviews. I initially interviewed with 7 people then everything went radio silent for more than a month. Then I received an email that I needed to create and deliver GTM plan and pitch deck.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gigya (Mountain View, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Went thru recruiter. Phone Interview then called in. I met with hiring manager and we hit it off right away, great guy and clearly wanted me, went to get his boss but he was unavailable.

Interview Questions

• On my second interview the Sales manager expects you to bring a notebook and take notes? This is very odd request since you want to make eye contact.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gigya (Mountain View, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring for me was through a friend who already worked there. Gigya is huge on hiring internally, and through recommendations. At first I spoke briefly with someone in HR, then met with the Director of Sales, who after a period of weeks where I hounded him daily, passed me along to the person I'd be working under for a final interview. By that point there decision had already been made and it was relatively routine. The tone throughout was extremely pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly around sales process. Gigya has a unique approach and follows guidelines set down by an outside organization who returns to do frequent training. Anyone without a true approach to speak of, or who just wings it and hopes for the best, will quickly be found out. Be ready to speak at length about how you approach deals from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When I got the offer it was for more than I had originally anticipated, so I did not end up negotiating at all. Their pay package, commission structure and benefits are over and above anything else I've seen at this level.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gigya (Ontario, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Pros: Very nice folks that I interviewed with. Sounds like an exciting company to work for, and good benefits.

Cons: I went through 4 interviews over 2 weeks with them including an in person one where I built and presented a slide deck (took the bulk of a weekend to do). After the 4th interview, they asked for a couple of weeks to review the candidates and let me know next steps. 2 weeks came and went. I emailed the talent acquisition contact (not the person I was interviewing with) for an update, and it took him another 3 days to send me a form letter letting me know they had selected someone else for the position. I then emailed the person I was interviewing with for some feedback, and was told they found someone with skills that weren't in the job description (cloud marketing if I remember correctly).

In the end I was disappointed about the job for sure - seems like a great place to work, but them sending a form letter after 4 interviews and making me wait for 2 weeks for a response was really bad form.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a client asking for something out of scope?   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gigya (Mountain View, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Best to contact HR manager as the interview process has been modified and improved since I interviewed. The company is highly interested in selecting the right candidates. I believe currently a phone interview is used to narrow the pool of candidates to be invited. Followed by a one on one with the hiring manager. And finally a more in depth interview. Communication skills, interpersonal skills, experience, availability, etc are discussed.

Interview Questions

• Experience and background related questions.   1 Answer

Sales Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gigya (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Interviewers barely asked any questions-- phone screener the week before told me to 'study up' on the product and then didn't need to know it at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted to start a week later than they were asking, but due to training they could not budge on the start date. this conflicted with the commitment that I had to my previous job and I did not appreciate having to scramble.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gigya.

Interview

The hiring process was quick. I did one phone interview then a quick interview in person. I was offered the job on the spot. This is a position best fit for recent grads. The technology is very new. Training was not that great.

Interview Questions

• The Questions were easy just make sure you know what Gigya is selling   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

Applied through my university career website. A few days later I got an email requesting a time to set up a phone interview. I got the call for the phone interiew on time and talked to a younger guy from the company that had been working with gigya for under a year. The call lasted about 30 minutes. He was not very enthusiastic but the interview went okay. I recieved an email a few days later that said they would not be moving forward with me.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gigya (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. I applied online and was called a few days later to set up a phone screen. Phone Screen was very typical and the questions were very easy. They then emailed me the next day to set up an in-person interview. once there I met the hiring manager who very briefly spoke with me and said that a team I would be working with would conduct the interview. A team of 4 people then came in and conducted the interview. The questions were very typcal but they wanted a lot of detail in the answers. When the tables turned and Ihad questions for them, they did not even fully answer them. I seemed to have done very well, but no offer ever came.