GlobalGiving Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlobalGiving Interview Questions

Programs Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlobalGiving in June 2016.

Interview

The vetting process at GlobalGiving is very extensive, but speaks to their desire to invest in their employees. The process took 4 weeks and included 2 phone interview, a homework assignment and an in person interview. Despite taking a month, the process was seamless and the hiring manager was true to her timeline.

Interview Questions

• What does GlobalGiving do? Name a time you received feedback you disagreed with? 30 second elevator speech for your self? How would your former colleges describe you? Describe a project that made you proud?   Answer Question

Program Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GlobalGiving (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process for the GlobalGiving Fellows program was incredibly well-organized, professional, and thorough. The initial application was extensive, and followed by a brief preliminary interview. The next round consisted of a homework assignment that gave insight into the type of work typical of the position. This was followed by an interview with the entire Program team. The final round was an interview with a member of the executive team.

The interview process was incredibly comprehensive and it was clear that GlobalGiving wanted to explore each applicant's "fit" in terms of experience and work style, as well as personality.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to someone what GlobalGiving does in the most simple, concise way?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you've been in a customer support role and have been unable to provide the client with the outcome they desire. How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a piece of feedback you've received that was very difficult to hear.   Answer Question

Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlobalGiving in February 2016.

Interview

Around a week after submitting my application online I was asked to do a phone interview. The interview was brief, the interviewer told me ahead of time she would limit it to fifteen minutes, and covered standard questions. The interviewer was very helpful in answering my own questions about the organization and the hiring process. I was informed via email within a week that I had not moved onto the next round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with someone difficult   Answer Question

Senior Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlobalGiving.

Interview

I was offered an initial phone interview just two days after applying. The interview lasted 15 minutes and was very straightforward. The interviewer was friendly and gave me time to ask questions. Unfortunately, I did not move onto the next round of interviews and was informed by email one week after initial phone interview.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlobalGiving (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I very quickly (within a day) received an email asking me to sign up via Doodle for an initial phone interview the following week. I was interviewed by the correct office manager, who was very kind and helpful, answering all my questions. I haven't heard back from the company yet but am told I will hear within the coming week either way (whether I move on to a second round interview).

Interview Questions

• What is the nicest thing you've done for somebody lately? Give me your 30-second sales pitch for yourself. When is a time you were most analytical?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GlobalGiving (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

I initially applied to work on the Program team and targeted my cover letter to this position. I had a phone interview for this position and received an email two days later, which stated that I did not have the availability they wanted for this position. Immediately after this email I received another email, this time from the marketing manager. My interviewer had passed my application along and suggested me for this other position. I had a single phone interview and was offered the position the next day. (I learned later that any intern who was in the area had been called in for an in person interview.)

The staff are incredibly friendly and grateful to their interns. This was apparent in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• No surprising questions, but make sure you look over the core values and social media content before your interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was an unpaid internship. There were two internships available (operations and customer support) that were paid, however as they were grant funded I don't believe there was room for negotiation.

GlobalGiving Response

Oct 19, 2015 – Chief Product Officer

Pro tip: Check out our "About Us" section for our Core Values. Odds are if you're reading this instruction, you're already doing more prep than most folks, so go head and memorize our core values. ... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlobalGiving.

Interview

Quick interview request from the department you applied for. Basic straightforward questions. You can tell the passion these people have for their work. You need to show enthusiasm in your responses, even if you're pointing out a weakness. They love knowing people are willing to take risks and learn from their mistakes.

Interview Questions

GlobalGiving Response

Oct 19, 2015 – Chief Product Officer

+1, can confirm that we are all about learning and improving, and always happy to hear examples of that.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlobalGiving (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Set up a phone interview after a week of communication. Interviewed with three members of prospective team in an informal manner. Discussed my experience and desire to work at GlobalGiving. Opportunity to show personality and research!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern with us?   1 Answer

Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlobalGiving (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

Found them through my universities career site, got initial interview, had in-person interview in the GG office, heard back within a week

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult customer service situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was sent an offer letter and I accepted

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlobalGiving.

Interview

Phone interview with questions about past experiences and why I wanted to work with GG

Interview Questions

• Asked to summarize GG's mission. Tip: Go through GG's website and get a good understanding of the organization.   Answer Question

Another offer