Globant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.8

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Globant (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Got set up for an Google hangout session after phone screening with recruiter.I applied through Linked-in which took over a week to get me an initial email. I was asked about my previous projects and experiences . Interview on hangout was great because I could share my screen which led me to explain many points visually as well.

Full Stack Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Globant (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied via linked. After 1 week I got 1st phone screening interview with recruiter. It's very nice talking with him after that he send me the over view about the company and schedule for 2nd interview via Google Hangout with the Technical lead. It went very well for the interview I could answer most of the question s. He gave me feedback about the interview and told me that this is the final interview I should received a call from Recruiter shortly after interview. I was very happy because I thought I will get an offer soon because I did very well, but that was easy. I first followed up with recruiter and few day later he replied and ask me to provide more information about my work authorization because he need to get approved from the management team. I think they concern about my student visa so about 1 weeks later he told me that they decided to move forward with other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Collection API,
      equals() vs ==,
      equals() and hashCode() that related to HashMap
      when to use List & LinkedList for what reason?
      Why consider Interface over extend ?
      what are the ways you can implement Singleton designed pattern? Use Enum instead
      Git work flow, how do you work with git? Branching?
      Docker & Microservice & Spring Boot
      Your's work flow? Agile...   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Globant (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was same like most interviews first round was with HR and second was skype. It was the average interview I did it well but didn't get the offer. It was like 3 people in skype panel interview. and questions were like implicit wait and exception. Basic OOP, Java, Android concepts Patter Design, Patter Builder, Dependency Injection, Networking Libraries- Retrofit etc. Android Parcelable

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Globant (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email the next day I applied , they asked first for screening interview , after that they asked for technical interview with one of their technical leader , interviewer was a great , she asked about everything on iOS development ,then she told me they will contact me later for feedback, next day they asked for some information to pass it to their client, after few days unfortunately they told me the position has been closed, the process itself was fast and professional.

Web Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Globant (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I ve got an e-mail asking for my availability to do a phone conversation for talent screen.
    Things went well. The next step is to have a deep dive Technical/Fit Interview with one of senior people (through Hangout).

Frankly, globally I didn't answer well all the questions. Sometimes I say I don't know. Sometimes I shoot a random answer, and sometimes I answer right, because I know the response.

It has been a month since the last interview, I didn't get any positive or negative feedback from them,
    although I sent them an e-mail asking for any update? So, at least they could send back an e-mail to me saying you are unfit for the role. Otherwise I consider this un-professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions for Talent Screen:

What is your current motivation for looking for a new job?

Please tell me about your most recent (0-18 months) significant project?

What technology stacks/builds are you most comfortable working on.

If you could design your ideal next role/job; What would you be doing?

​Where are you at in your job search?

What is the salary and total compensation that you are targeting

Are you authorized to work for any employer in the USA?

Are you open to relocating to USA/CITY/STATE?​

If hired, how soon could you start?

Technical/Fit questions:

What is the new features of HTML5?

Can you tell me what does Semantic Web mean?

What is promise?

How Do You Build a Multi-Language Website ?

What is the difference between Git-commit and Git-push?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Globant (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through linked in. The HR discussed the salary expectation and agreed on it. She told the profile i have is matching with openings they have. The next step is she asked me to provide a updated resume. She said the panel will screen it. screening took a week. Then no response. I keep following through email.The HR never wrote email from her own it. Its some Job portal id. Then she called me an told the interview is fixed in next week this is third week. The HR called on interview time and no panel available. They told the phone connection is not good and we have to reschedule interview. then no response.I again followed on that job portal id. The HR called and confirmed the interview this was 5th week. They called me 10 mins later and asked to join interview. It went very well. The next day she called and told i have cleared interview process and need to submit the visa docs and she will send me email with list of documents.
    No response for 2 days. I tried sending her email. This time i got response from .globant.com that no such email exist. After that i tried 2-3 times but same its bouncing back.
    Its very bad experience with such company.
    They failed to build the trust. I thank to god that i have not submitted the personal dos.

Interview Questions

• Core Java, Garbage collection, SOAP and REST services memory management. angular JS and Jquery   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Globant (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview, and we selected a time. During the interview, there was a lot of background noise on the recruiter's side. There were times when she was laughing about what was going on in her office, and she was not paying attention to my response to her question. I had to stop mid sentence and ask if this was still a good time to connect.

I have never had a recruiter be so disconnected during a phone screen. I was not surprised to hear that I did not move on to the next round as I don't think she paid attention to any of my responses. All in all, a very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• All very generic questions that had little to do with the actual position requirements.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer/Selenium Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Globant (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a first email to schedule my first HR telephone interview. She asked me for my preferred time, and then she told me the name of my interviewer. My interviewer didn't call me on the scheduled time and upon calling my hr contact, I was told that he forgot. Another time was scheduled. The interviewer called me this time but didn't ask me much. Just took my basic information and asked about Globant.

My technical interview was scheduled after that and I had to call that person. I called him up and he was very polite and humble, he asked me questions regarding my experience, Java, collections, patterns, and selenium. But mostly, questions on Java were asked.

Android Developer - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Globant (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick interviewing process,
    Received email and within 1-2 days had
    1st. HR round - about experience, skills and availability etc.

after this, within 1-2 days had
    2nd. Technical call - very detailed for Entry Level

Never heard back from them again
    -No feedback/response
    Emailed the recruiter about followup, was told that interviewer is on vacation for weeks

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP, Java, Android concepts
      Patter Design, Patter Builder, Dependency Injection,
      Networking Libraries- Retrofit etc.
      Android Parcelable   Answer Question

Web UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Globant (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Briefed by recruiter over phone ~30min

Technical assessment over Skype ~45min

Google:
        Technical assessment over Hangouts ~30min
        Followup technical assessment over Hangouts ~30min
        Fit interview ~20min
        Feedback: "didn't go well"

Disney:
        Fit interview ~1hr
        Feedback: "didn't go well" and "considering other candidates"

Took a little over a month, almost every interview was with someone new. Lots of communication between HR and myself, only had to follow up twice. Their HR is on top of their game, thanks Sabrina. Technical interviews were fairly basic HTML/CSS/JS. Fit interviews were lacking one way or another.

Interview Questions

• Google Fit Interview

What was a challenge you had to face recently and how did you overcome it?

Two other similar questions that took less than 30 minutes for an hour allotted. Part of which was taken up by interviewer answering phone at beginning. Was OK with that but it felt like interviewer wasn't interested after that.   Answer Question
    • Disney Fit Interview

Lots about JS and AngularJS performance.

Wanted to know what other JS Frameworks I knew, making sure I was keeping up with new technologies. NodeJS and Backbone came up a couple of times.

Better interview, better questions, but performed by the team's HR reading from prompt. Didn't know much about the project at all.   Answer Question