Glu Mobile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Glu Mobile Interview Questions

Interviews at Glu Mobile

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glu Mobile.

Interview

Applied online. After a week with no response, I reached out to their recruiter. He got back to me a few days later and scheduled a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager for the next week.

It was mostly an execution interview. Light on prioritization and communication/behavioral questions. One or two questions about game economy and monetization design. No specific questions about the product.

Throughout the interview, it seemed to me that the hiring manager was asking rote questions and was looking for specific sorts of answers. At the same time, he seemed unsure what I would be doing in this role. These are red flags to me.

Anyhow, I highly recommend to applicants at this stage to rehearse something staid. You probably won't get any points for authenticity or original thinking. Go for a safe answer.

UPDATE: After three weeks, they finally got back to me. Seems they changed the role and went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• In one of your games, DAU is holding steady, but revenue is decreasing. How would you figure out why?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glu Mobile.

Interview

Overall, the process at first was great. Went through an interview with the hr contact, then the hiring manager, followed by a case study, and then a "virtual" onsite interview.

The HR contact was very transparent and stressed how they did not like leaving their candidates hanging. However, after the onsite interview, I heard nothing, even after multiple follow ups. I think a simple follow up even just via email that they have moved on with a different candidate would be ideal especially after they have burned so much of an interviewee's time with multiple interview rounds and a case study.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of several features to improve engagement and walk me through how you would prioritize them?   Answer Question

Senior UA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glu Mobile (San Francisco, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone screen, a call with the hiring manager, a case study (for a senior position), and a final round interview with 6-7 people (if they all show up).

The interview process moved quickly through the final round, then came to a screeching halt. I waited almost two weeks after the final round to hear a decision, with no communication from the team. I didn't get the job, despite no negative feedback from the interview and being told that the team loved me -- the hiring manager even said they wanted to hire me during the interview. 1 of the 7 people I was supposed to interview with also didn't show up (this was a virtual onsite during Covid-19).

The lack of communication and the delay to hear a decision absolutely felt like they were stringing me along and waiting for a better candidate, but weren't willing to cut me loose until they knew they could hire someone else. While it may not be a bad business practice, if the recruiting process is supposed to represent good service, they failed miserably in that respect.

Interview Questions

• All hypothetical questions like "tell me about a time you had to..."   Answer Question

Senior PHP Server Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glu Mobile (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, technical phone interview, take home assignment, on site interview.

When I arrived for the onsite, the person at the front desk knew me by name. I waited less than 2 minutes in the lobby for the recruiter. He showed me to my room and I interviewed with 5 people over four hours from both engineering and product. I received a tour of the office and half way through the interviews, I was served a cup of green tea prepared carefully by hand.

Glu Mobile strikes me as a company filled with people who truly are for each other, and those values are reflected in their interview process.

I highly recommend that anyone interested apply.

Interview Questions

• Maybe something about distributed systems?   1 Answer

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glu Mobile (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied via Indeed.com, about two weeks later the recruiter reached out to scheduled a phone interview. They never called me on the date scheduled. I did received an email stating they had over booked and would like to reschedule my call. I have yet to hear back from them. I did reached out, and still no response. I feel this is very irresponsible.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glu Mobile in February 2019.

Interview

I received an interview request from the recruiter on a Friday to schedule a call. We scheduled the call for Monday. She called me up and said the requirement is changed.
    Difficult to understand how a requirement can change within a day.

Digital Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glu Mobile.

Interview

On-site interview was rushed. 2 out of 4 interviewers were late. Asked very behavioral questions and interest in gaming. This was a new position so I'm pretty sure they didn't know what they were looking for. There was a large emphasis on not owning physical inventory and how that would affect the the merchandising aspect, which I thought was not a big hindrance. Inventory is inventory at the end of the day. Analyzing virtual vs. real inventory should be using the same metrics probably have more freedom with virtual. There was a content quiz at the very end. Overall I think they didn't know what they were looking for....a mix between a data analyst/inventory planner? and not sure if they still do..

Contract Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glu Mobile (San Francisco, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about 2 weeks, I was contacted by the talent sourcer after i applied, who then invited me for an onsite. I interviewed December 2018.

Content Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glu Mobile (Burlingame, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screening, which lead to a 1 on 1 phone interview. After the phone interview I was given a homework assignment to create a presentation on content related to the game and given a week to create it. After this I was quickly contacted and asked for an onsite interview with a lot of people on the team. I was quickly contacted afterwards offered the position and was excited. Overall amazing process and the recruiting team was amazing and constantly informing and giving me updates and helping me throughout the entire process, one of the nicest interview processes I've gone through.

Interview Questions

• Related to the content of the game, quizzing me on different home furnishing styles   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Interview

Very lengthy interview and met with unesscessary people. My recruiter had no sense of candidate experience and was just looking to fill a seat. Overall, I would think twice about Glu Mobile. The office was a ghost town each time I went - definitely a red flag.