Glu Mobile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Game Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Glu Mobile (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

There were about three phone conversations: one with a recruiter, two with a technical director. Then there was a game engineering sprint simulation to demo a couple of game features. This was the most relevant part of the interview, because I ascribe to the assessment philosophy that a new hire can only demonstrate their ability to pass the interview tests, so I appreciated that the technical director and director of engineering simulated the requirements specification and task completion that happens in a game engineering sprint. I felt they were assessing relevant skills of how well I would program and collaborate to quickly make a game feature that players might value.

After that there was an 4-hour on-site panel with a dozen people: director of engineering, platform engineer, three game engineers, two producers, one product manager, a designer, creative director, general manager, technical director, and recruiter. I was asked a few programming questions and a few questions on teamwork and game opinions. I was invited to ask about teamwork that I was seeking.

I left the best job I have had to I accept this offer because of two reasons: (1) The technical director, product manager, and general manager gave examples of prioritizing low-cost and high-value game features. (2) The take-home skill test simulated making a potentially valuable game feature. So I feel confident that we will be trusting each other to quickly deliver game features that players value most.

Interview Questions

• In my free time, I was asked to make two specific features for a game related to their franchise. I was asked to discuss the details through an online document, given base code, and asked to deliver the two features. It was the most relevant assessment I've had in any interview, so I won't spoil its details here.   2 Answers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glu Mobile.

Interview

phone screen with HR, get to know my background, what skill set I have and check visa status during the call. I got rejected two days after the call,due to my visa status.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glu Mobile in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 phone calls (HR and Technical) and an on-site interview with several members of the team, one at a time.

All of the interviewers were friendly and asked reasonable questions. At no point did I feel any of the interviewers were asking questions to show off.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glu Mobile.

Interview

Referred by a friend who works at the company. Their recruiter contacted me and sent me a small Unity project challenge to do. I finished in about 4 hours, it's not very complicated or involves hard algorithms to crack. Then got a call from their lead engineer. I thought it went smoothly but didn't get contacted since then.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glu Mobile (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. After phone screen with HR, there's one phone interview with hiring manager and one onsite interview. In phone interview, the hiring manager asked mostly about my technical background. The onsite interview had 4 rounds. Questions are mostly about work related skills. The interviews are nice and friendly, and atmosphere is very relaxed. I had a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Technical background and work related skills questions.   Answer Question

Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glu Mobile (Kirkland, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

3interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They won't pay well. Will claim they can't afford it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glu Mobile.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was given an assignment to complete in a week. The assignment was related to the job I applied for and a sample of the kind of work I would be doing at Glu.

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glu Mobile (Burlingame, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great, I had a couple of phone interviews with HR and with lead artist and then I went to the office to have an in person interview with a few of the people on the team and with management.

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Glu Mobile (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied, got a phone interview that went well, and was granted an art test. I returned the art test within the prescribed time frame. My results were very solid, honestly, and I don't mean to be big-headed with that. It's just that I've been making AAA game assets for a long time now and I know what I'm doing on the subject.

Before looking at the test, they asked for my salary expectations, whereupon I asked for what I was making at my current company. They also asked where I lived which turned out to be rather far away and would require me to relocate. I said in no uncertain terms that I was flexible on the salary and willing to relocate.

So what was the result? Well, Glu never got back to me. I even sent a followup email, because, having put so much time into the art test, I thought they'd be good enough to respect my time spent and give me an honest assessment of my work. Nope. Glu appears to not value my time at all. They never did get back to me, which is incredibly rude and juvenile.

If they treat prospective employees this badly, I shudder to think about how they'd treat those they hire. I know this - I'll never pursue this company again and I'd recommend that established artists that want to be treated well look elsewhere for a place to call home.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any particular questions at first, only if I was interested in taking their art test.   1 Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glu Mobile (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen by HR first then Hiring manager. On site interview a few days after the phone interview. On site is 5 different individuals 30-45 minutes each asking different type of questions(e.g. Technical, Personality and goals etc.)

Interview Questions

• What was your working style? Best boss and worst boss you ever worked for and why do you think they are best/worst.   Answer Question

Interview

I was directed to the job by a recruiter whom set me up with a phone screen with the hiring manager. We had a deep dive into my background and was given some positive feedback and opportunity to complete a small project. The manager was very helpful and offered to answer any questions in the process. The assignment took a couple hours but was a fun and intuitive project with real work application. I did fairly well and was given opportunity for an on-site. Typical 4 round interview process with 2 engineers, director of engineering and head of department. I was given one medium Hackerank problem and a couple others more on the easier side, discussed scalability, system design and other related computer science fundamentals. Overall this was one of the best interview processes I’ve been a part of and I particularly enjoyed the challenges.

Interview Questions

• Can’t post exact questions because of NDA but medium Hackerrank problems, stacks and queues, array manipulation, system design and scalability.   Answer Question