GoPro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GoPro

2.6

Software Engineer (Data) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Initial Phone screening and then followed by a 1 Hour Technical Phone Interview (Coding Challenges ) and then followed by Onsite Interview involves lot of White boarding . Be prepared with fundamental Data Structures and Algorithms and SQL Questions.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

Terrible recruiter! Throughout the process she was rude, vague and condescending. Also, the interview process was unprofessional. I had a really bad impression of the company from the people who were interviewing me. They also made you feel bad about being a contractor, bullet dodged. After it all, they didn't care to email me even though I had made it further in the interview process, she just sent an automated email saying my application was not a good fit? So unprofessional.

Interview Questions

GoPro Response

Mar 30, 2020 – Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we're sorry to hear that your experience wasn't a positive one. We strive to provide our candidates with a positive and professional experience, regardless of outcome. We appreciate you informing us of your experience and will be looking further into this issue. If you would like to discuss in more detail with our Recruitment Team, we’d love the opportunity to make things right. Feel free to connect with us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com. Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and provide us with your feedback.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

It was very timely. I got responses within days of each interview phase. The recruiter was friendly and moved at the pace I needed at the time. The panel interviews onsite was also great and I loved their office space. The team seemed great and honest about the condition of GoPro at the time. They gave me a tour during my onsite, and were quick with responses when it came to offer stage.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself organized?   1 Answer

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoPro in September 2019.

Interview

1st a phone screen with the usual HR questions.
    2nd a phone interview with the hiring manager.
    The interview went fine, manager was pleasant. But got no feedback afterwards at all, even after following up with recruiter- this is very disrespectful

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

They arranged a 30 minutes phone interview but it took only 20 minutes for me. First interview was with the recruiter, not anyone with the compensation team. I asked her about the organizational structure in comp team, and she needs her org chart to answer that question...

Interview Questions

• They asked about the reason you would like to join GoPro (my answer was basically work-life balance because they are pretty famous about it), your past experiences with compensation.   Answer Question

Oct 9, 2019 – Recruiting Operations Program Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d love to learn
    more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email
    us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com.

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Had screening with a recruiter from HR
    Had a phone interview with the hiring manager
    Had a zoom interview with the VP of people
    Flew me out to an on-site where I spoke with four people
    Received an offer that day BUT
    Once I started negotiation and they agreed on the amount they SUDDENLY took back their offer with no explanation and without giving me a chance to respond
    VERY unprofessional
    Don't work for this company, if this is how they treat candidates they have a horrible culture within the company
    Never had this happen, extremely disappointed in such a well known company. Not worth the stress.

Interview Questions

GoPro Response

Aug 14, 2019 – Vice President, People

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I’m sorry that I never had the opportunity to meet you. Our candidate experience is of the utmost importance to us. It is extremely rare that we would ever rescind an offer and we were disappointed with the outcome as well. If you have additional feedback you’d like to provide, you can reach us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com. Again, thank you for taking the time to interview with GoPro and we wish you all the best with your search.
    - Laura Robblee, VP of People + Places

Ios Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Diego, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Two Phone Calls one technical interview onsite. The phone calls took about 30 mins each and the technical interview was fairly easy. The technical interview involved coding and they asked questions that most software engineers should be able to answer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my resume, my background, and why GoPro.   1 Answer

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (Foster City, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone screen followed by onsite interview. Hiring manager reached out but didn't even to bother setting up the interview. After few emails from my end , we finally talk on phone. At the onsite interviewers were essentially saying I shouldn't join the company. Hiring manager was very impatient and atmosphere in general sounded sad. Also, they disguised a program manager role in a Engineer role , they lose more points because of this deceit.

They were couple of amazing people as well in the interview but in the end, not worth it

Interview Questions

• DC-DC regulator, battery specifications, current/ past work experience   Answer Question

Industrial Designer Interview

Interview

Great team and good conversation though the other designer did not speak or question very much throughout the review. Fairly easy interview as long as you are confident and can defend your decisions. Overall good experience and cool headquarters

Interview Questions

GoPro Response

May 23, 2019 – Recruiting Operations Program Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate
    your input and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the company recruiter. Unfortunately, the recruiter knows little about the job and processes and misunderstood me when I tried to clarify some things. This misunderstanding probably created a bad impression about me which led to nowhere.
    Lesson learned: keep your questions and answers as simple and super understandable as possible to avoid misunderstandings.

Interview Questions

GoPro Response

May 23, 2019 – Recruiting Operations Program Manager