GoPro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

Phone interview with HR for background and motivation check. Secondly phone interview with Team leaderfor more technical and still motivational check. Lastlym interview on site with 5 different people, Mainly technical questions, with the chance to ask question about the company/group/team . Interview on site lasted 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What can you interpret/understand from these lines of (invented) programming language?   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GoPro (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview had almost zero production questions. They wanted to know list of video gear I can use, and editing I've done. I was told most listed jobs weren't even hiring and actually "frozen", but they would "talk to me anyway to get an idea of my video editing background" even though that was not what I was interested in applying for.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe what types of cameras you've used to shoot video.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

interview by hire manager that he take me to a conference room. At first he talk about his project and his group, then I was asked that the project I do and the system architecture and with some detail. The whole process take about a hour mostly about software design.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks. Got a call from a recruiter and then I wan invited for the on-site interview. It was a pleasant experience. I went through a rapid interview process where I talked to 6 people back to back in 3 hours and that was it! They were quite enthusiastic and passionate about their work, not to mention the affection towards the company and its products. One advice to the candidates would be to show your passion and motivation and why you want to work for GoPro. I am sure the answer is not tough but you also have to showcase your previous work (can be anything like a mobile app, photos, videos, code or a website!). They were quite patient and encouraged me to speak whatever I wanted to about the company or my experience. Got the offer in the next week!

Interview Questions

• Some basic Java questions and because I had my laptop, I was asked to show my coding patterns and what best practices I follow.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate. They asked my expectation and matched it.

GoPro Response

Oct 13, 2015 – Talent Operations

Thank you for your feedback on the interview process. We are glad to hear you had a positive candidate experience, and that the the interview process was seamless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Very enjoyable and stress free experience, they went straight to the point.

Their procedure is pretty standard; you start with the recruiter phone screening, then a technical chat with the hiring manager; followed by interactive technical interview (phone chat in front of computer) and on-site interview.

The attitude of the workers there is pretty good; they were friendly and polite.

Be sure that you do not consider their friendliness with a good sign about your interview; so always answer the question fast, quickly and specify where possible, if there is any doubt about your answer.

It look like a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• The questions were on a wide spectrum; some aimed at programming (the usual algorithm questions on strings, tree, data structures in general), others were more oriented on how to intercept issues before they happen, and how to manage problems when they happen.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoPro in February 2016.

Interview

Got in contact with GoPro, and we set up a phone interview time. They stand me up. We work out another time. They call me 20 minutes late. And they don't even apologize for not calling me or calling me so late. Unprofessional, and do not respect your time at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GoPro (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

First had a phone interview with the recruiter which talked about the company. Then had a phone interview with senior software engineer where he asked no technical questions and focused on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you struggled in your projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1st HR Screening asking about company culture, why you want to join GoPro.
    2nd Technical interview on the expertise required by the job description. Some basic knowledge of data structure and algorithm, your project experiences and your familiar programming languages.
    3rd Coding interview 2 algorithm questions in 45 minutes. The first is medium and the second is easy.

Interview Questions

• basic data structure like array, queue, hashmap. classic algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

Applied to their career website, got email and phone call from the recruiter in a few days. After setting up a phone interview with the engineering team for about a half hour with typical interview questions and two online coding sessions. Then gave me a programming assignment, but was told they are holding on to the position.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

1) Quick phone call with the recruiter. He was new and could not find the initial screening one-liner questions!
    2) Technical interview with hiring manager. He asked 2 coding questions. Pretty simple DS questions
    3) Onsite 5 rounds interview. Interviewers were friendly except for the hiring manager. DS coding questions-medium level were asked along with detailed questions on my experience and projects. Hiring manager asked all the basic questions of system level. Over all experience was good. I was expecting positive reply as I did well but they said although interviewers were impressed they want someone with more experience in automation. Dint they check my resume before calling me?

Interview Questions

• Graph, tree, threading, system level, automation and testing, string-medium level   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Many hours spent talking to the recruiter, which is ok. At the point i got to go for an in-person interview it all went well, however I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with community management?   1 Answer