GoPro Reviews

GoPro Founder & CEO Nicholas Woodman
Nicholas Woodman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of GoPro and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

What a great company. I’m so stoked to work here every day

Cons

Great food great tasty coworkers

2. 4.0

Great engineering team

May 17, 2022 - Technical Program Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many hard working and determined engineers. Lots of innovative ideas for future projects.

Cons

Not enough resources to follow thru. Executive management seemed to be on their own agenda.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not the most accepting workplace

May 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The products are great, most people are passionate about the work they do, benefits are pretty good (besides the lack of 401k matching), work-life balance is great.

Cons

Ironically they put a lot of time and effort in DEIB yet this is the only company I've been made fun of because of my accent. Some teams and employees are judgmental and you'll have a hard time being accepted unless you share the same background as them. I've had people joke about my accent to my face and I've had a director level manager interrupt me in a meeting to make a joke about the way I talk, following it with an imitation of my speech.

Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for bringing this to our attention. We are truly disappointed to learn of this situation, as this is unacceptable behavior and it goes against GoPro’s values and Code of Conduct. We strive to ensure everyone at GoPro feels empowered to show up authentically and can thrive doing so. We do not tolerate any forms of microaggressions or harassment based on race or ethnicity. Please email us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com, connect with your People Business Partner, or provide anonymous feedback in our employee feedback platform, as we want to appropriately address and resolve this.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Place To Work

Apr 5, 2022 - Senior Software Developer in Carlsbad, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, great location, talented engineering team. A very inspiring place to work.

Cons

The software stack is old and painful to work on

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Great Company

Mar 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great pay relative to age

Cons

long, consistent hours on a daily basis

Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at GoPro! We are pleased to learn you had a positive experience. If you have additional feedback you'd like to share please contact us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company Review

Feb 2, 2022 - Salesforce Administrator in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

well Defined processes you can see the impact of your work work closely with the core team there is valuable practical experience

Cons

constant change Fewer employee benefits unpredictable working hours .

Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to learn you feel you're gaining practical knowledge and seeing the impact of your work in your role. If you have any additional feedback to share please get in touch with us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com.

7. 3.0

Gopro Review

Jan 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The teammates and people are very knowledgable

Cons

Challenging to innovate and introducing new features

Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Disorganized company

Feb 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not much, even the benefits aren't the best.

Cons

Disorganized company from top to bottom. Not much of a structure in place and a bunch of confused Managers. Constant changes to campaigns at the very last minute which prevents you from being able to work in advance so it'll become a burn & environment. The execs often change their minds, as well as the lower associate employees. It's the wild wild west. You can advise and give feedback to Management but nothing will improve as they are too busy fixing messes. Management is always confused. There are plenty of useless and wasteful meetings every week and much of the time there is no agenda. All the time you waste in meetings leads to low productivity. For such a large organization you'd be surprised how lean every team is. This explains the constant employee turnover rates. Beware.

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Dec 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Work-life balance, Company Values

Cons

Many rounds of layoffs as GoPro struggled to deliver on its goals

Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Was a good place to be

Dec 2, 2021 - Senior Systems Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some level of independence to learn new things

Cons

Frequent reorgs General lack of direction

Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your time at GoPro. We'd love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 346 Reviews

GoPro Reviews FAQs

GoPro has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 425 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at GoPro to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, GoPro employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at GoPro. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

79% of GoPro employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GoPro 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at GoPro to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with GoPro Job Seekers