Golder Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.5

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Applied online - Phone interview. Submitted my resume and cover letter online and had a phone interview with one of the HRs. I passed the phone interview and got an offer for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, no complicated questions. Some technical questions.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golder Associates in July 2017.

Interview

I had applied a few months ago and about a 2 weeks ago received an email for a phone interview. The interview was great until it came to my salary requirements. I think companies seriously want people to work for pennies. I didn't even go high but you can't want someone to have a degree and they have experience and want them working for what people are fighting for at McDonalds I'm sorry.
    I also sent a follow up email on purpose just as a test. Because she claimed She would contact me which she did not. I think it is poor Business Etiquette not to follow up with a potential employee once you said that you would. Also for her not to respond to my email let's me know what kind of company it really is and I wouldn't apply there again or refer anyone to apply either.

Interview Questions

• Accounts Payable experience?
      How did or does your past work experience relate to this position?
      Where do you see yourself in future within this position?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on indeed.com. Got a call to do a phone interview. It last maybe 30 min. Then got a call 2 days later to do a face to face interview. I thought I did great. Basic interview questions. She mainly did all the talking... about how hard it is. It's an entry level position that I was over qualified for. Never got a call back or a rejection email. It makes me mad that you take the time to interview with a company & HR doesn't have the decency to let u know they moved on. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Environmental Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Golder Associates in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by email to set up an interview a few weeks later. Phone interview was a conference call with two people. Asked questions regarding my experiences doing field work and my motivations. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. They said that they would let me know within 2 weeks. I received an email two weeks later letting me know I didn't get the position.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golder Associates (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied through website, for an intermediate level position The process took more than 2 months with medical examinations. I was told that they would make a decision the following week. I emailed the them couple of times. Interview took about 2 hours. Generally, I was asked questions about my background and if I was familiar with process an, protocols, industry standards and various software such as AutoCAD, computer models, and so on.

Interview Questions

• An initial phone screen followed by a face to face interview. Golder is experiencing some changes in management and an offer can be a lengthy process.   1 Answer

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a human resources coordinator to schedule an in-person interview at Golder's Atlanta office. I met 1:1 with several engineers, ranging from water resources project engineers to the head of geotechnical engineering. They gave me a tour of the office and then junior staff took me to lunch nearby.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself progressing professionally over the next five years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Golder Associates in October 2015.

Interview

An initial phone screen followed by a face to face interview. Golder is experiencing some changes in management and organization so obtaining an offer can be a lengthy process. Between the interview and an offer was about a month.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in Golder? What experience do you have in .... (various engineering PM projects)   Answer Question

Entry-level Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview

After I submitted my application online it took about 2 months before being contacted by Human Resources for an interview. It was a telephone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. The questions were very basic, and at the end I was told that they would make a decision the following week. They never contacted me again. I emailed the manager I interviewed with several times and never received a response.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Environmental Engineering? What was your favorite course? Do you have any experience writing technical reports? Do you have any experience with GIS? What salary are you looking for?   Answer Question

Geolgist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed in Atlanta to save time and money. Spoke with about four people. Interviewed for an entry level consultant position. Took about four hours. Generally, I was asked questions about my background and if I was familiar with sampling protocols and various software (ESRI ArcGIS, AutoCAD, computer models).

Sent to Jacksonville, FL. Interviewed with five people. Generally, I asked questions about the office and their clients in Florida. Also, asked what was one thing that they really liked about working at Golder. Went to lunch with six people that I would end up working closely with. Mostly just joked around, asked where they lived, what parts of the city they liked, etc. Took about five hours including lunch.

Interview Questions

• How long do you think you'll be in the field? (this question is worded ambiguously. What is meant is: In your career at Golder, how long do you think you'll be working in the field primarily?)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate some moving assistance. Generally, it was, "I need this to get there". If they could afford it, then, they could do it. Very little BS.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview

I applied online in mid-September. I received a phone interview at the end of November. A few days later I was invited to set up an on-site interview in December. I was there for a few hours one morning speaking to various employees and touring the office. Primarily, I was asked questions about my interests, my future goals, and my willingness to do certain things.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. It was the usual suspects like "tell me about yourself" and "where do you see yourself in 5 years."   Answer Question