Goodlord Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodlord Interview Questions

Interviews at Goodlord

3.4

Contractor Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodlord.

Interview

The interview process was very nice and friendly, they made you feel very comfortable during the calls.
    The downside was feedback, I regularly had to chase regularly after each step for feedback, with the final stage feedback being three words "its a no"

Other than that negative, it was an enjoyable experience

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience and how I could help the company   Answer Question

Head of People Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goodlord in September 2018.

Interview

A 1st stage telephone screening with the COO, followed by 2nd stage f2f with COO, CEO, People administrator and role incumbent, followed by 3rd stage presentation to CEO, COO, Head of Sales, Head of Tech and incumbent.

I felt the feedback demonstrated a degree of bias towards trying to replicate the person who was leaving, without acknowledging some of the areas the business needs to improve. I waited over 2 weeks for feedback and had to chase the COO twice. One senior manager missed the first f2f completely. Others were late, and the interview lacked some structure with questions being repeated. Interviewers sat with laptops open in front of them to make notes - I get why note-taking is important, but I would suggest this creates a barrier between them and the applicant.

I was one of the earliest candidates they met, which explains some of the confusion throughout the process, but also indicates why it's so important that they hire someone who has a bias towards effective Talent Acquisition at this significant time for the company. Effective retention and staff development starts at the beginning of the employee journey.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in your first 30, 60, 90 days (presentation)   Answer Question

Referencing Booster Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodlord (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

This was the most intense/lengthy process I have gone through to get a temp job. I first had a very pleasant phone interview, mainly asking what I knew about the company etc. I then went in for face-to-face interviewing. This consisted of two rounds of interviews with two people each time. The first was pretty laid back/casual and I felt very comfortable, I had to speak about my previous experience in general and why I was interested in working at Goodlord. The second was still very friendly but the questions were a bit more complex and specific and I was required to do a maths calculation. I wasn't sure how these interviews had gone, but the process did seem a bit excessive for the role that was being described to me. After being let go after only 2 weeks due to 'overstaffing' I am upset with the time and effort I put into this interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think some of the pros and cons of working at a start-up company are?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have from previous experience that are applicable to this role?   Answer Question

People Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodlord (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but enjoyable. I met a selection of employees from different teams and had interviews focused on culture fit, teamwork, the role and my general first principles problem-solving. I got plenty of opportunity to ask questions myself, and I was kept fully informed throughout the process through my contact at Goodlord.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you stood up and shared an unpopular opinion   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Goodlord.

Interview

Applied three months ago and first interviewed two months ago. Never(!) heard anything back and everything took a really long time.

Really disappointing. Once there the company gave off great vibe though and people really friendly.

Interview Questions

• A quiz that tests reasoning to determine what's needed to escape from a room in a famous children's book.   Answer Question

Goodlord Response

Jul 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, we are continually looking to improve our processes and your feedback is extremely valuable to help us do this.

I'm sorry to hear you... More

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodlord (London, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

A disorganised interview process that created a bad impression of the company, which is a shame because they seemed like there was a good office culture and they are expanding as a business.

There was no phone interview, just a face to face with a few members of the marketing team which seemed quite rushed. They didn’t seem to have many questions prepared.

After that there was a take home design task, with two briefs to pick from. They did not send brand guidelines and explained this was deliberate because they are unhappy with their current brand guidelines. I had 2 working days and a weekend to complete the task, so lots of time. I received feedback two days later via email and was told to arrange a phone call in a few weeks if I wanted more feedback over the phone, which was disappointing.

The feedback was that whilst they liked a lot of aspects of my approach and design, they didn’t feel it really reflected the brand voice. This is perfectly valid feedback and a completely understandable way to select a candidate. However, it’s frustrating to be judged on your ability to interpret a brand tone of voice when no details of the brand tone of voice were given. Logically it makes no sense and it wasted my time and theirs.

Ultimately I would not discourage anyone from applying for a position here but I would go in with the assumption that they will be disorganised and key information might not be communicated. Therefore, ask lots of questions!

Interview Questions

• We like to bring our 'whole selves' to work; What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Executive Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodlord (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

An amazing afternoon of conversations about different areas of my professional life. I felt really comfortable talking to my interviewers and about my career. There was no pressure and a friendly environment. The questions were broad and not only focused on the area that I was applying to. My personality and the way that I deal with different situations were taken into consideration as well.