Graham Packaging Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Graham Packaging

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (York, PA).

Interview

Easygoing interview. Very much like a conversation. More of getting to know each other while seeing what I know more so than anything else. We had a discussion then looked around the facility and discussed what the company is all about. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Two strengths and two weaknesses?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Was ok talked about my old job that I have worked at for 25 + years and noticed that I have worked all of different hats in the time of 25+ years

Interview Questions

• 1. Did I like my old job?
      2. Did I like all the positions I had
      3. What was the best one I liked?
      4. Was I able to work over time with no problem   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Graham Packaging.

Interview

Very brief and to the point. Asked basic questions on my qualifications and then hired on the spot. It took several attempts to get the interview due to HR's lack of communication. The 1st interview I went for the hiring supervisor wasn't even there. He set the interview up and then left town. Several phone calls later I was scheduled for another day.

Interview Questions

• What was my past experience?   1 Answer

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Prattville, AL) in June 2012.

Interview

There were 2 Interviews, they try to hire you for as little money as possible.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, unless of course you do not know the job you are being hired for very well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but didn't get what the job is worth. They work the crap out of you at this place, one maintenance mechanic/electrician per shift and there are some jobs that is impossible for one man to do because the parts are so heavy, and you are unable to get a fork lift anywhere close to the work because of limited space. Not only the lifting jobs some troubleshooting jobs need 2 people as well.

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Graham Packaging in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was with HR. Then, sometimes same day, second interview with Production Manager and a plant tour. The drug and lift test is a few days later. If you pass you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have tools and know how to use them?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (York, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

First interview is over the phone. The next in person interview is 3 hours and includes 4 people at separate times. The persons conducting the interview all asked the same questions and took more time then was needed. The topic of Reynolds take over seems to make them uncomfortable.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Lancaster, PA) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter out of the Tennessee office within 2 weeks. Had the standard phone interview the next day, she reviewed my skills and work history, scheduled an in person interview within the next week.

In person was broken into 2 parts - 1st 1/2 hr with the Sr. Supply Chain Manager and a second 1/2 hr with an analyst.

I agree with another poster, the interview was more like a presentation than an interview - I was asked very few questions. The role was described clearly at the interview (a new position), the recruiter seemed to be a bit disconnected to what the hiring manger was looking for though. Seems to be a lot of changes going on in the company and couldn't get a clear feel for whether it was due to growth or disorganization. The first woman I spoke to called the shots and she didn't seem interested in me at all from the get go. The second guy seemed nice but it was clear he had no say in what was happening, but very pleasant to talk to. He introduced me to someone else who worked at the company in passing on my way out, which I thought was very odd.

I was confident after the first half that the hiring manager was not interested, so the second half hour felt like a waste, like they already had someone else in mind. At least it was not nerve racking, as again, very few questions were asked. I sent a follow up to them both, never heard any feedback from any parties involved (including the recruiter). It's been 2 weeks so I am going to assume I'm not getting an offer!

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Evansville, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Highered in threw a temp agency for 3 month then had to fill out an app for them, got the interview, came in and shot the BS for about 15 min then was told I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you work 12 hour swing shifts.   1 Answer

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Maryland Heights, MO) in June 2018.

Interview

Process took almost 5 weeks from beginning to end (not selected). Performed a phone screen with a recruiter first, that went well. A week later had a phone interview with the Plant Manager, that seemed to go okay as well. Plant Manager wanted to bring me in, and did so the following week.

The in-person interview was conducted with the Plant Manager again, mostly just small talk and previous experience questions. The next round was with the Corporate Quality Director and another gentlemen whom I did not catch his title, but he was a corporate representative as well. The interview turned into a confrontational situation from the get-go. The two interviewers were rapid firing ridiculous scenarios and were breaking down every answer of mine as though I was a total imbecile. I was just told about a major quality issue that the plant had, and they provided no accountability or responsibility for the issues. The younger corporate representative had a "theory" mentality, clearly no real-world experience, whereas the elder representative was very confrontational.

Overall I was told I did not get the position because the Plant Manager wanted me to have a couple more years' experience. I matched the job description requirements and then some. Overall, not a good feeling.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Graham Packaging.

Interview

Interview Process was very challenging. Focused on a working knowledge and level of expertise. Situational and scenario resolution.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle folks with functional responsibility assigned to a project?   Answer Question