Graham Packaging Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Graham Packaging

2.7

Blow Mold Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Atlanta, GA) in September 2020.

Interview

Detailed questions about experience, wanted someone with blow mold experience. Third shift position, twelve hours on the weekend sometimes. Manager was the person who did the interview. Blow mold machines are very different than what im used to seeing.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2020.

Interview

First a confusing call from a corporate partner as a filter interview. This call was 34 hours earlier than agreed upon. Second was a second less confusing interview with the same corporate person. Third was the most confusing and unappealing series of questions from the Key people from the manufacturing facility. The interview was a whole lot of thying to reason why the 12 hour shift that was regularly a 13 hour shift was a good thing for the work life balance.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Graham Packaging.

Interview

I just got through the first round yet, but all it was was a phonecall where they wanted to get to know me. Really great director who actually cares about your personality as much as your work if not more! I now have to do a project for them and they are flexible with that too.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite aspect of being an industrial designer?   Answer Question

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Hammond, LA) in May 2019.

Interview

Did a brief phone interview then was invited in for a face to face interview. Went to the office, walked with a warehouse lead and was told all about how the operation works and they gave me a shot.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Lancaster, PA) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter out of the Tennessee office within 2 weeks. Had the standard phone interview the next day, she reviewed my skills and work history, scheduled an in person interview within the next week.

In person was broken into 2 parts - 1st 1/2 hr with the Sr. Supply Chain Manager and a second 1/2 hr with an analyst.

I agree with another poster, the interview was more like a presentation than an interview - I was asked very few questions. The role was described clearly at the interview (a new position), the recruiter seemed to be a bit disconnected to what the hiring manger was looking for though. Seems to be a lot of changes going on in the company and couldn't get a clear feel for whether it was due to growth or disorganization. The first woman I spoke to called the shots and she didn't seem interested in me at all from the get go. The second guy seemed nice but it was clear he had no say in what was happening, but very pleasant to talk to. He introduced me to someone else who worked at the company in passing on my way out, which I thought was very odd.

I was confident after the first half that the hiring manager was not interested, so the second half hour felt like a waste, like they already had someone else in mind. At least it was not nerve racking, as again, very few questions were asked. I sent a follow up to them both, never heard any feedback from any parties involved (including the recruiter). It's been 2 weeks so I am going to assume I'm not getting an offer!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (York, PA).

Interview

Easygoing interview. Very much like a conversation. More of getting to know each other while seeing what I know more so than anything else. We had a discussion then looked around the facility and discussed what the company is all about. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Two strengths and two weaknesses?   1 Answer

Contract/Price Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Lancaster, PA) in January 2019.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager, recruiter, and someone else from the department. It wasn't much of an interview, more like a presentation. They told me about the position and the company. They wouldn't really answer questions and didn't really ask any.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Maryland Heights, MO) in June 2018.

Interview

Process took almost 5 weeks from beginning to end (not selected). Performed a phone screen with a recruiter first, that went well. A week later had a phone interview with the Plant Manager, that seemed to go okay as well. Plant Manager wanted to bring me in, and did so the following week.

The in-person interview was conducted with the Plant Manager again, mostly just small talk and previous experience questions. The next round was with the Corporate Quality Director and another gentlemen whom I did not catch his title, but he was a corporate representative as well. The interview turned into a confrontational situation from the get-go. The two interviewers were rapid firing ridiculous scenarios and were breaking down every answer of mine as though I was a total imbecile. I was just told about a major quality issue that the plant had, and they provided no accountability or responsibility for the issues. The younger corporate representative had a "theory" mentality, clearly no real-world experience, whereas the elder representative was very confrontational.

Overall I was told I did not get the position because the Plant Manager wanted me to have a couple more years' experience. I matched the job description requirements and then some. Overall, not a good feeling.

Credit and Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Lancaster, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and in a week offered an on site interview. Was to call Manager upon my arrival to gain entrance since there was no longer a Representative to meet people. When I called the Manager was not even at work. Sat for 15 to 20 minutes waiting. Taken to a conference room. He was disorganized asked a few questions about me and my resume. Called a team member down and lectured me about discussing salary range,which was public information.
    She asked about work style, teamwork, change etc. I asked a few questions regarding work flow, businesses and if it looked like they could layoff since there was a merger and potentially streamline and merge processes. He stated we are putting them inline and making them seem way. Asked about international since it was in description, and he stated that is my job. Training his comments was I train and expect you to get job done.
    Told he has a few interviews the next week or so. Had response next day.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Lancaster, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the company's website. Approximately a week later I was contacted for a telephone interview with HR.

On the day of the interview, the interviewer called me 15 minutes late. Although the position is based in Lancaster, PA, the interviewer was in Texas and was generally unfamiliar with Pennsylvania. The interviewer initially asked me if I lived anywhere near Lancaster (which I do and indicated so my cover letter). I was then VICIOUSLY questioned about my salary history at EVERY JOB I ever had.

I was never asked about my skills or qualifications (not even as camouflage questions to disguise the typical salary questions).

The interviewer then tried to hustle me off the phone without ever discussing the actual position.

The whole process was actually offensive.

It's been several weeks and I've never heard back from Graham, which is okay.

Interview Questions

• What was your salary (starting and ending) at your last position? What was your salary (starting and ending) at your prior job? etc.   3 Answers