Great Clips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Great Clips Interview Questions

Interviews at Great Clips

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Garland, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

My interview was great. I was informed of my position at this location. Everyone wasn’t so nice and professional. They all seemed very knowledgeable and dedicated to their work. I am very excited about becoming a part of the team and learn everything aspect of the company as well as extend my service to the customer.

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Sep 27, 2019

Welcome to a GREAT community of stylists and managers! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2019.

Interview

Typical tell us about yourself interview, didn’t quest experience or standards for stylists. Seemed to be hiring for scheduling not for talent. Although excited to start nervous about their tactics in interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   2 Answers

Aug 23, 2019

Welcome to a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Denver, CO).

Interview

Brief. They will take basically anyone with a current license. They will make you do a “technical skills” interview, but only as a formality to seem legit. They don’t care how your customer service is, if you actually have the skills to perform the job, of if you have any industry preferences (for instance, if you don’t offer perms), or if you are filthy and wearing inappropriate clothes. They simply need warm bodies on the floor.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to bring your cosmetology/hair license, driving license and social security card, because everyone gets hired.   1 Answer

Jun 28, 2019

If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Anonymous Employee in Camden, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Camden, SC).

Interview

Manager was great. Very understanding with my availability. She explained to me what the expectations of the job was, told me there was room for growth inside the organization. Explained the pay thoroughly with me.

Interview Questions

• what was my favorite part about cosmetology?   1 Answer

Jun 28, 2019

We appreciate that you are a valued member of a GREAT team! Thank you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Clips (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

They talk to you and ask little questions about your skills or abilities they except you to cut hair in 10 minutes which one is crazy to me and unprofessional this is why people continue to return for bad service

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Jun 21, 2019

We are sorry that this was your experience. If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location & details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Anonymous Employee in Clio, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Clio, AL) in June 2019.

Interview

Very professional manager and very clean and prepared salon upon arrival. I knew what was expected of me right away and my manager was very forward and left things up for discussion and questions. I was made to feel very wanted and respected and couldn’t wait to start my time with this salon!

Interview Questions

• How was I able to handle a difficult customer or a difficult situation in general?   1 Answer

Aug 6, 2019

Welcome to a GREAT team... It's Gonna Be Great!!!

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Elizabethtown, KY) in June 2019.

Interview

Hired on the spot no interview process . It was more of this is what we do .. these are our benefits our compensation .. is this something you’re interested in?? Urban yes then you’re hired..
    side note the managers do take time to read you’re resume

Interview Questions

• What kind of hours are you looking for ?   2 Answers

Aug 13, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience during the interview process!

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Easy, friendly, Very thorough and made sure to cover everything. i wasnt nervous. which made everything much smoother. they answered all my questions i had about the company and compensation. I got to meet staff and they were all very nice and helpful

Interview Questions

• what was my favorite part of doing hair   2 Answers
    • where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Apr 30, 2019

Thank you for being a valued member of a GREAT team!!!

Salon Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

Comfortable yet professional. I was already a Great Clips employee and one of a couple candidates for the Management position. I met one-on-one with our General Manager. After a series of questions, discussion about benefits with the position and challenges with the position, we moved onto a few week long transition process. I needed to tie up ends at the Great Clips where I was currently an Assistant Manager and then transition into the Salon Manager at another location. Our General Manager was available any time I needed to answer questions and offer guidance!

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals?   1 Answer

Apr 18, 2019

We appreciate that you are a valued member of a GREAT community of stylists and managers!

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

I had mine Over the phone then a technical interview
    I got to hear about Our commitment and what makes great clips one of the number one choosen brand
    how we care for everyone of all ages and give them the comfort, freedom, and connection

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Feb 7, 2019

We appreciate you sharing your experience during the interview process. Thank you.