Great Clips Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 260 of over 260 interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Great Clips

Great Clips

Application

I interviewed at Great Clips

Interview

it was easy, comforting and not stressful. the salon manager was nice and asked really good engaging questions. they did not offer me enough hourly pay for my experien ce level so i delcined the position

Interview Questions
  • why do I want to work here
    Answer Question

Great Clips

Application

I interviewed at Great Clips

Interview

The interview process was short and to the point. Good place to work at starting your career off. Flexible hours, works with your hours. Depending on how your time management is you can get up to five cuts and hour.

Interview Questions
  • Do you plan to be around for a while

Great Clips

Application

I interviewed at Great Clips

Interview

It was smooth, expected questions and went really well. I got the job. There is a technical interview as well. A haircut done in front of manager. It was comfortable and the manager was great.

Interview Questions
  • why would you be a good employee

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Clips (Dayton, OH) in Feb 2021

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a month later. Spoke with a recruiter who was friendly enough. She really liked to hit home on how the organization is like a family. She expressed that the stores had concerns about communication between them and management - she wasn’t kidding. After my initial interview, I was told I’d be speaking with a director. And the appointment will be made later in the day or the next. That call or set up never came. I checked in a week later but was told the director was busy and that it’ll be a few more days. Two weeks went by of the recruiter ducking my calls and texts. Finally, she replied that they were going to go in-house for the hire. I was thoroughly unimpressed with the communication and process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Great Clips

Application

I interviewed at Great Clips

Interview

Easy very professional. On time. Went smooth. Asked questions. Went about what they were about . Talked to me more to get to know me .very pleased with management . Very helpful with technical interviews as well for some tips that with help me

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Jersey City, NJ) in Jan 2021

Interview

Simple to the point just know what you learned and at your art of what you can offer to the company. Clippers, hygiene, poster, PPE, CDC guidelines, Organization, cleanliness your speciality. What makes you stand out.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Great Clips

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Clips

Interview

Smooth and great amazing team. Felt very welcome . Hope if employed will be and an amazing place to work. Everyone seems to work as a team. And I hope to be apart if it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Great Clips

Application

I interviewed at Great Clips

Interview

Awful interview, kept getting interrupted because the salon was understaffed and after I kindly rejected their offer they kept bothering me even after I told them I was not interested.

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Fort Wayne, IN) in Oct 2020

Interview

If you apply online you will usually speak to a GM over the phone first and then an in-person interview will be set up. The interview will be with the manager of that location (or GM if the manager is unavailable). They will ask you questions and tell you about the job you are applying for. They will also try to do a technical interview on a mannequin the same day so bring your cutting tools if you are going for a stylist position. Usually they will have you do a men's and a women's haircut.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you go into the cosmetology industry? Do you have a current cosmetology license?
  • How do you feel about working in a team environment?
  • What product lines are you familiar with?
  • How long does it take you to do a men's haircut on average? A women's haircut?
  • What is your favorite type service to provide a customer?
  • What do you know about Great Clips?
  • Have you ever had a dissatisfied customer? If so how did you handle that situation?
  • Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker? If so how did you handle that situation?
  • Are you able to work nights and weekends?

Great Clips

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Great Clips

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. Would recommend. Everyone was super friendly and welcoming. The environment was great and the manager was very enthusiastic to work with me. I ended up getting the job and the process was smooth

Interview Questions
  • How long have you been cutting hair?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 260 Interviews