Great Clips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Charleston, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

It was the best interview I have ever had. I met with the franchisee of the market and she was so sweet. She made me feel right at ease.

Interview Questions

• She asked me about why I wanted to do hair. What my goals where. What I liked most about doing hair. What I liked least.   1 Answer

Feb 14, 2018

Welcome to a great community of stylists and managers! We appreciate you sharing your interview experience.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

one interview. I was asked normal interview questions and cosmetology questions. The interview was at a restaurant. very laid back. it was not difficult. later you will have to take a behavior/ personality type test.

Feb 14, 2019

Thank you for being a valued member of a GREAT team!!!

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Great Clips (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to start, group interviews, online assessments and then all day interviews with broader team. All day session was a bit much but necessary based on travel schedules etc.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions, well prepared interviewers and great questions   Answer Question

Feb 14, 2019

We appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding the interview process you experienced.

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Clips (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

you are required to bring in a mannequin and demonstrate your ability i have seen people who claim to have graduated school but could not do a basic haircut in a reasonable amount of time

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Sep 20, 2017

Thank you for being part of a great community of stylists and managers.

Business Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2011.

Interview

There were a total of five interviews that lasted an hour each. They were professional and I felt comfortable in the process. I was escorted to each executives office and offered water. They usually sat behind a desk and took notes on my responses.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to further your education?
      How can you see yourself in this role?
      What do you have to offer?
      What questions do you have?
      Many of the questions related to the personality assessment that was taken prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Aug 8, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Austin, TX).

Interview

Application filled out and resume was requested. Expectations of the job were discussed and mutual questions and answers followed. The franchisee was relaxed and I felt at ease. It was not incriminating, just went with the flow.

Interview Questions

• Usual manager interview questions   1 Answer

Jan 15, 2016

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback!

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Lake Zurich, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

My interview begin with the General Manager and then with the Franchisees/owners. It was a very thorough interview that lasted about four hours. They asked many questions but gave me a realistic job preview. The owners seemed interested in my potential and explained how the company is always growing. Overall it was a great experience and I am happy that I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Jun 17, 2016

We are happy to have you as part of a GREAT team! Thank you for everything you do each day in your salon.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Charleston, WV) in August 2014.

Interview

very laid back, very professional, very upbeat and positive!! I just knew this was where I wanted to work because of the way the atmosphere was fun and smiles on every ones face! I meet everyone that day it was nice talking to the staff asking them questions about Great Clips, so welcoming...
    the next day received an email saying thank you for coming in and offered me the position!!

Interview Questions

• my qualifications, how I felt about Goals, retail, leading by example!
      expectations of the job..I always ask a lot of questions!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Great Clips (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with Franchisees then office team. Had conversations with all about my experience and why I was looking to leave my current employer. Very professional, very comfortable. Great people.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the position   1 Answer

Aug 25, 2016

Welcome to a GREAT team! Thank you for your feedback as well.

Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Clips (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Quick, calm, welcoming, manager seamed down got earth, staff looked intimidating. to much information to grasp for someone who hasn't been hired yet. the interview went fast, how ever it seamed as if they really had no interest in the end.

Interview Questions

• how fast are your haircuts?   1 Answer

Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daphne, AL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Daphne, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

Sat down with the manager in the office of Great Clips. Handed her my resume, diploma, cosmetology certificate and a copy of my license. I was asked back for a technical interview the next day, where I did 4 haircuts.

Interview Questions

• Schedule flexibility, past experience, best and worst jobs, why I like haircutting, and strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Aug 5, 2016

Welcome and thank you! It's gonna be great!!! :-)