Great Clips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Great Clips Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.1

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

Met with Franchise owners; talked about experience. Very positive interview experience. We met at a local Starbucks, as the shop had not opened yet. One thing I would have changed is to meet inside the Starbucks rather than on patio, as it was really hot that day.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible in scheduling; Are you available on Sundays; Can you work evenings?   1 Answer

Jun 19, 2017

We appreciate that you are part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers. Welcome and it's gonna be GREAT!!!

Cosmetologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Clips (Mount Pleasant, SC).

Interview

Your first interview is with the owners. Amazing people. You go in and talk for at least an hr, allowing them to get to know you. From there, You have to go into the shop you got the job in and perform different haircuts on a manikin in front of the store manager. Long later, short layer, clipper cut, fade. This is to see where the stylist is and what areas may need help.

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

May 27, 2017

Thank you for being a member of a great team of stylists and managers!

Anonymous Employee in Highland, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Clips (Highland, UT).

Interview

I walked in to submit my resume in person and was invited back immediately for an interview. I was asked several questions based on the Great Clips interview sheet and my experience level as a stylist. At the conclusion of the interview I was offered a position and given a schedule to start the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a dissatisfied customer.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you were a part of a team. How did it feel?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Great Clips?   1 Answer

May 5, 2017

Thank you for everything you do to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Clips (Springfield, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my candidate profile online and received a call from the manager the next day. We set up the first initial interview, very basic interview questions, and then scheduled a technical interview for the following Monday. I brought my own models and was instructed to demonstrate a fade and then a women's haircut in which I took an inch off. Super simple and relaxed, manager was very professional and helpful.

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Apr 26, 2017

Welcome to a GREAT team of stylists and managers. It's gonna be great!!!

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Tualatin, OR).

Interview

They ask you questions about your personality and try to figure out how well you work with others. they really look for good customer service qualities. After that first interview you will do a technical interview where you will show the your cutting skills.

Mar 6, 2017

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your experience.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

I applied online, I was then contacted by phone by the manager at the location I applied for. We set up an in person interview and I was hired during the first interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background experience, what days and hours if I wanted part time full time, if I was available holidays and weekends.
      They asked if I thought it was acceptable to miss a day of work without calling my supervisor or if I've ever done that. Asked if my license were current and up to date.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy they pretty much told me what stylist make an hour and that you keep your tips.

Feb 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We are happy to have you as part of a great community of stylists and managers!

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mauldin, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Great Clips (Mauldin, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Went over what is expected in great detail. Effective. Happy. Personable. Welcoming. Easy going. Overall great experince. Excited to start! I need ten more words to complete this survey ha ha.

Interview Questions

• what makes you suitable for this job   1 Answer

Feb 14, 2017

Welcome! We are happy to have you as part of a GREAT community of stylists and managers.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Clips (Nashville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional and welcoming manager, willing to help you find the best job fit for you, and even to help you improve by directly mentoring you. Classes for improving speed also are offered after 30 days but before ending 90 days on the job. Weekends at this location are extremely busy, and if you like to give and get support from the team this sound like a great opportunity to become a great and fast stylist.

Interview Questions

• I f I can cut hair based on description and not haircut name and If I can make a bold shave to 2 inch crown haircut with clippers without leaving a line   Answer Question

Feb 28, 2017

Welcome to a GREAT team of stylists and managers! We appreciate everything you do in the salon to deliver the Great Clips brand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Boise, ID).

Interview

Manager was courteous and gave interview on time in spite of being busy. The manager was very easy to talk to and took notes throughout the interview. It took about 15 minutes so pretty average in that aspect.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Jan 17, 2017

Thank you for offering your feedback and comments regarding your interviewing experience.

Salon Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

In person interview and also did a technician interview. Seemed very easy and they were very nice. I loved the culture and the connection with the manager. Very engaging.

Interview Questions

Great Clips Response

Jan 26, 2017

Welcome to a GREAT community of stylists and managers. It's gonna be great!!! :-)