Groendyke Transport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Groendyke Transport Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Granite City, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Comfortable, Relaxed, Enlightened, Painless... Received the call from the terminal manager then we set the date to come to the office. Arrived to a warm welcome sat down and we started to converse.
    He asked about Experience, Safety and what I was looking for in a company. I replied that I was the type to job jump if I was offered more money and that I'm looking for a safety conscious company to call Home. We completed the interview with my salary and start date.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a company   1 Answer

Negotiation

This phase depends on your experience. The more you have , the more you can negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Hutchinson, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Hutchinson, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

Very professional yet staff seemed to be genuine with concerns of home time and desired routes. Managers were upfront with what they could promise vs reality of certain routes. It was a very positive experience and staff was very helpful in guiding new employees through the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about experience and expertise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Company was upfront with what they can do vs experience

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Lubbock, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

One on one interview on skills and experience. What skills I had to offer. What position I would rather have . How long can be away from home. What rate of pay am I looking for. What are you're goals if hired here.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been driving   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Gas Hauler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Kansas City, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was an overview of my application as well a review of a personality test, also pay was discussed, tm told me to go home and think about it and give him a call the following day, gave him a call the next day saying i was all in for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did i have periods of unemployment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate, details of the pay were discussed in interview

Dispatch Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport.

Interview

All and all interview went well. Described the job and hours and that it was a salary position. Met with two employee's during the interview process that took about 25 minutes.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport.

Interview

Thorough interview

Interview Questions

• If you have had an accident, what did you learn from it?
      Do you drive defensively, or do you also drive to protect the public?
      If you are not charged for an accident, could you still have helped to prevent it?
      Answer Question

Class A CDL Driver/HazMat-Tanker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Bensalem, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very simple hiring process. Apply online through their website. A day later, you get a reply, telling you they have received your application. If everything is OK, you will get a call a couple days after that. If you are qualified for the job, the whole process takes less than a week.

Interview Questions

• There are no specific questions to the application. When interviewing later on, you need to demonstrate a good work ethic, and a respect for safety   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple, and friendly.

Commercial Hazmat Tanker Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Henderson, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

There was a three part process,very in depth. Once i had the opportunity to interview it was very relaxing and rewarding. I really felt like i belonged to something and not just another money maker for the company.

Interview Questions

• They quized my knowledge on hazmat and quickly understood that i was new to the fuel industry,so they adjusted and trained me for 5 weeks and i can honestly say i am thankful for the training.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was simple, they explained my pay during the training and after training what it would be and im telling you i make really good money and have never been misled, if you are thinking of joining Groendyke dont waste another second...DO IT!!!!

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Wichita, KS) in July 2012.

Interview

No not having any experience with the transprtation business, I heard and add on the radio for a dispatcher. I turned my Resume in at 10:00 am on a Tuesday and by 11:00 am, the Assistant Terminal was calling for an Interview. I came in that day to a clean and well kept establishment. the first impression of Groendyke was WOW. The interview lasted about an hour, and within a month I was in the Transporation Industry.

Interview Questions

• The ATM asked me to explain ant my last job what was the most uncomfortable situation I had ever been in. I was previously in the customer service industry. I told him the story of how I was confronted by a customer who didnt think that hygene and personal care were an issue and that alchohol are all a good idea at once. Telling a stranger that specific story is rather embarrasing, especially when it is a stranger or your soon to be new boss.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It went better than I expected. I told my bosses that with not having any experience I was worth a lot due to other criteria. I told them the amount that I would have to have in order to work here and they agreed. Overall a very easy transition.

Petroleum Dispatch Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Wichita, KS) in June 2012.

Interview

Spoke initially on the phone in DEC 2011, had just taken another position. Asked Kirk to keep me in mind for future opportunities. Kirk contacted me again in June 2012, and the timing was right. Came in for sit down interview with Kirk and Marty. Everything seemd to be a good fit, and a position was offered and accepted.
    Management was professional and detailed in job requirements and expectations. Facility was clean and inviting. Personnel were welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Was a little put off initially with the Personality Test, but now it makes more sense to me   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward. Would have rather not been forced to utilize Temp Agency, but after discussing in interview, understand why the option is used