Groendyke Transport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.7

Credit and Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enid, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Enid, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

It went relatively fast. The interviewer gave me a brief run down of the job process, the company's benefits, the pay and the hours of work. She said that I would be contacted she had more interviews and that I would be contacted at the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Did I feel that I could do the job?   1 Answer

Load Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enid, OK

Application

Interview

Initial interview was phone interview and was interviewed by what would have been a peer. Good interview hitting most basic questions you would expect, seemingly inexperienced interviewer, but didn't detract much since it was a generic phone interview.

Second interview was at headquarters conducted by the hiring manager. Fairly lengthy interview clocking in at over an hour, but very efficient and professional. Nothing unusual stood out in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle disagreement with your manager?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach an issue that may not be your responsibility/falls into grey area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Granite City, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Comfortable, Relaxed, Enlightened, Painless... Received the call from the terminal manager then we set the date to come to the office. Arrived to a warm welcome sat down and we started to converse.
    He asked about Experience, Safety and what I was looking for in a company. I replied that I was the type to job jump if I was offered more money and that I'm looking for a safety conscious company to call Home. We completed the interview with my salary and start date.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a company   1 Answer

Negotiation

This phase depends on your experience. The more you have , the more you can negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Hutchinson, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Hutchinson, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

Very professional yet staff seemed to be genuine with concerns of home time and desired routes. Managers were upfront with what they could promise vs reality of certain routes. It was a very positive experience and staff was very helpful in guiding new employees through the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about experience and expertise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Company was upfront with what they can do vs experience

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Lubbock, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

One on one interview on skills and experience. What skills I had to offer. What position I would rather have . How long can be away from home. What rate of pay am I looking for. What are you're goals if hired here.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been driving   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Gas Hauler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Kansas City, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was an overview of my application as well a review of a personality test, also pay was discussed, tm told me to go home and think about it and give him a call the following day, gave him a call the next day saying i was all in for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did i have periods of unemployment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate, details of the pay were discussed in interview

Dispatch Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport.

Interview

All and all interview went well. Described the job and hours and that it was a salary position. Met with two employee's during the interview process that took about 25 minutes.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport.

Interview

Thorough interview

Interview Questions

• If you have had an accident, what did you learn from it?
      Do you drive defensively, or do you also drive to protect the public?
      If you are not charged for an accident, could you still have helped to prevent it?   Answer Question

Class A CDL Driver/HazMat-Tanker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Bensalem, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very simple hiring process. Apply online through their website. A day later, you get a reply, telling you they have received your application. If everything is OK, you will get a call a couple days after that. If you are qualified for the job, the whole process takes less than a week.

Interview Questions

• There are no specific questions to the application. When interviewing later on, you need to demonstrate a good work ethic, and a respect for safety   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple, and friendly.

Commercial Hazmat Tanker Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Groendyke Transport (Henderson, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

There was a three part process,very in depth. Once i had the opportunity to interview it was very relaxing and rewarding. I really felt like i belonged to something and not just another money maker for the company.

Interview Questions

• They quized my knowledge on hazmat and quickly understood that i was new to the fuel industry,so they adjusted and trained me for 5 weeks and i can honestly say i am thankful for the training.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was simple, they explained my pay during the training and after training what it would be and im telling you i make really good money and have never been misled, if you are thinking of joining Groendyke dont waste another second...DO IT!!!!