Guild Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Guild Mortgage

2.3

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (Austin, TX) in August 2020.

Interview

easy and friendly interview process, i was pleasantly surprised. I applied and they called me the next day.
    I spoke to the district and branch managers. overall great experience. Guild is a great company for long term business.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (San Diego, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online as all their job openings are posted on their website. Was contacted by email and sent an invite to the interview. Went over my coding background, what work I had done and when, wanted to go over code samples which I brought with me, walk them through how and why I wrote it that way.

Interview Questions

• If you were writing a new pice of code, where would you start? What's your line 1, line 100 and line 2000?   Answer Question
    • (On going over sample code I brought with me) Walk me through how you wrote this and tell what you were thinking and why you wrote it that way.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (San Diego, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied, next day got email back asking about my experience. In a 3 weeks later got a call from hiring manager(quick phone screen). The lady that interviewed me, were checking the time during interview and kept saying that is late...

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (Seattle, WA) in October 2019.

Interview

I had one in person interview. The process lasted about an hour, I felt very confident with the atmosphere, my working knowledge as well me being a great fit overall.

The interview began with the branch manager, immediately proceeded by an interview with the senior loan officer. They came in separately, made the interview very relaxed and casual which I really enjoyed. I was turned down from an email the following day.

In the senior MLOs words, I was not selected because I had a federal NMLS license and he wanted/expected me to have the state NMLS license. I received a letter from NMLS recently explaining I have 120 days to convert while having the ability to quote Guilds rates and still maintain compliant while switching licenses. The disconnect I have is the state license is 20 hours of a course followed by a test, which I have in depth knowledge of. Why would a company ask me to commit 5 years to a role, but reject me of an offer because of a 20 course needed within 4 months? Guilds impatience with this makes me hesitant to recommend them to anyone I know. In my opinion that’s either Guild beading around the bush about why they didn’t hire me, or an MLO who doesn’t have patience of the process.

Interview Questions

• Typical Reviews of Credit and Mortgage knowledge   1 Answer

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

The manager was tired, distracted, wasn't happy with his job, answered a call during our interview, allowed an employee to enter his office and discuss a transaction during our interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage.

Interview

most of it was friendly talk, felt like i was getting to know them. not much to say on this part other than they're very open and kind. don't be intimidated just be an open book and if you're sociable and easy to talk to itll be a plus

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (Seattle, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

Very easy to talk to! They know who and what they’re looking in a candidate! Interviewed with Branch manager, Senior Loan Officer and then 2nd interview had lunch with who I’ll be working with and then got my offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why Guild Mortgage?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage.

Interview

The interview was quick, straight to the point, and easy. The manager simply wanted to get to know me and see how well I would fit in with the office.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

After a rather in-depth phone conversation getting to know the interviewer(s) on a personal level and describing my values, experience, and career goals, the in person interview was my opportunity to demonstrate my understanding of code patterns, perform a short code review, and elaborate my ideas on refactoring techniques.

Interview Questions

• Where are the security holes in this code?   1 Answer

Transaction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (Bellevue, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

The operations manager was very welcoming and made you comfortable before she dove into any specifics of the interview. This was great as it made me relax and was able to gather my thoughts. Questions were typical of any mortgage companies looking for a specific skills and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry borrower.   1 Answer