Guild Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Guild Mortgage

2.3

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (Greensboro, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Went through three rounds of interviews and none of the questions were too tricky. They were pretty straight forward and extremely friendly so the interviews went well. I sat down the first interview with 4 interviewers and they told me about the company and open positions and then asked me back for a second round where I met with just two people and they asked more in depth questions. For the third round, we discussed compensation and benefits and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What were your worst enemy say about you?   1 Answer

The location was not where I wanted to be but it was a great opportunity.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagle, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (Eagle, ID) in August 2017.

Interview

You start by a phone interview with a 3rd party consulting firm that then decides if they should pass on your resume to the actual hiring manager. From there you have an in person interview, if the manager likes what they see on your resume. It is not the fastest process but it is efficient. They know what they are looking for and will only accept that.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with mortgages.   1 Answer

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Just call the manager and tell him you are setting up shop and wala hired. You must have a pipeline to bring over. You must be licensed in the state of Washington to originate mortgages. The manager is a nice guy but he is a producing manager who doesn't get very involved in anyone's files. If you cant make it without help then find a company with a manager who can put the time in to helping you succeed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Come on down the price is right. You should try to negotiate a minimum of 1.5 commission if possible.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

It was short and relaxed. The branch manager was friendly and I liked that she actually seemed to have familiarized herself with my resume prior to my interview. I have a lot of experience so I felt like I was well prepared and felt very confident.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall being asked anything difficult or unexpected at my interview   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage.

Interview

The interview was quick, straight to the point, and easy. The manager simply wanted to get to know me and see how well I would fit in with the office.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

After a rather in-depth phone conversation getting to know the interviewer(s) on a personal level and describing my values, experience, and career goals, the in person interview was my opportunity to demonstrate my understanding of code patterns, perform a short code review, and elaborate my ideas on refactoring techniques.

Interview Questions

• Where are the security holes in this code?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Spoke to Monica for a phone interview. Pretty disappointed in how unfriendly and unprepared she was, definitely not the brand ambassador I assumed she should be, especially working in HR. Clearly didn’t review my resume or her questions would have be more substantial than scratching the surface.

No thanks. Do better. Interviews are a two way street, it takes two to tango.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

After filling out an online application, I had a 2 hour interview in person with the Director of Communications. It felt like more of a conversation than an interview and was an enjoyable experience, as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your experience.
      Q: What interests you about this position?
      Q: What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Transaction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage (Reno, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

There were 3 stages of the interview. First, a coffee meeting with the loan officer of the team I was applying for. Second, was a panel interview with a couple people from management of the branch and third was an outing with the team in which I was to work with.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather win or do your best?   1 Answer

Transaction Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guild Mortgage in May 2017.

Interview

The Regional Sales Manager reached out to me and we interviewed at a coffee shop. The interview was about 30 minutes and very pleasant. Then I was interviewed a week later by the Branch Manager, which also took about 30 minutes. A week later I was called in for a third interview, this time with the Branch Manager and Operations Manager.

Everyone was nice and took the time to become familiar with my resume before the interview. I never applied for the position, actually, Guild reached out to me and I had to take off work for every interview I attended. It would have been appreciated to have received a response regarding the decision that was made. For now I'll just assume I wasn't selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider when approving an application?   1 Answer