Gundersen Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gundersen Health System Interview Questions

Interviews at Gundersen Health System

2.7

Management Interview

Interview

I participated in a phone screen / interview with the assigned recruiter. Fourty of 60 minutes into the call, the recruiter told me that he wanted to be respectful of my time asked me if I had a salary range that I expected. I responded with the same information that I had entered into my profile on their applicant tracking system and was told that this was "high" and above the top end salary range for the position by 15K. And no one is placed at the top of the salary range. In short, to move forward in the interview process, I would need to agree to a salary of 20-25K below the minimum I had told them that I would accept.

I had foregone other activities to be on this call, prepared for about 90 minutes, and then invested another 40 minutes on this call. This call cost me 130 minutes.

Perhaps if he had reviewed my profile and salary requirements before scheduling the call, this waste of my time could have been avoided.

Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gundersen Health System (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

Application completed online. An email from the in-house recruiter followed. Then a phone interview with behavioral questions occurred. A formal invitation for an onsite all day interview happened within 2 days. The on-site interview consisted of a tour, 1:1 meetings, group meetings, lunch and dinner. Formal offer occurred after passing the background check.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Gundersen? Do you have any connections to the area?   Answer Question

Dietary Aide Interview

Interview

Once you get the interview you are basically hired, but the followup will take time to get back to you.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gundersen Health System (La Crosse, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

applications are screened based on predetermined criteria before sent to the department actually hiring, managers can ask to see all applications or have HR weed some of them out. HR will call to schedule the interview but most interviews are conducted by the direct manager of the department hiring. My interview was with several people in the department all in individual settings.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in working for Gundersen Health System   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gundersen Health System.

Interview

The interview process was very formal and well laid out. Their HR team did a great job! The first contacted me for a phone interview with the HR department, I then scheduled an interview with a panel of managers. After that interview, I received a call back to have a 1:1 interview with the Director and from there I received a job offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think there was a most difficult question or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Lab Prep Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gundersen Health System.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people - the lab supervisor and a future close coworker. In order to keep an equal interview process, questions were chosen beforehand and asked to all the candidates. The interviewers kept notes of your answers and smiled politely when receiving a favorable answer. They asked more questions for clarity and to ensure they were picking the correct candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about workplace gossip?   1 Answer

IT Support Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gundersen Health System (Onalaska, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and two level 2 support specialists. The hiring manager did a great job explaining the duties of the position, describing the team and requirements of the job. All three interviewers asked questions in rotation. I enjoyed the interview. They were all very friendly and sincere; I felt I would like working with them. It took a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• Mostly reviewed my background, IT and customer support experience, some situational questions and a few basic technical questions at the end.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gundersen Health System in May 2014.

Interview

In person interview x 2. Unfortunately the company was not able to move forward and hire because the person leaving their job (and creating the vacancy) ultimately ended up staying in their role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gundersen Health System.

Interview

I knew an employee at Gundersen, and asked him if he knew of any quality improvement division. He put me in touch with the manager, and we set up an interview. I had only one interview; it was very informal and consisted of very basic interview questions.

Behavioral Health/Integrated Care Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gundersen Health System (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

I applied online. The process process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gundersen Health System (La Crosse, WI). Gundersen paid for me to stay at a nice hotel downtown during the interview process. I had dinner with some of the other behavioral health providers. The main interview day was an all day process and entailed meeting with various providers individually and in a group format. Everyone was very nice and friendly. However, there were some personality/ego issues with one of the current Behavioral Health providers which negatively impacted the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Reasons for applying, behavioral health experience, etc. They asked specific examples of behavioral health issues that may be seen in the clinic. While these question were not particularly difficult, the way they were posed and the interviewer style made it awkward and much harder than it needed to be.   Answer Question