Gymboree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gymboree (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Very standard, face to face interview. Asked your basic questions. Called back asked if I could wk into tne night when we had a new line come in.& was offered the job.no benifits, only fulltime.

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gymboree (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

All I had was a phone interview with Gymboree and it was very casual and open forum about my background. No technical or behavioral questions were asked it was mostly me giving an overview of my work experience. Very basic, I would say prep to discuss your background very thoroughly. I didnt recieve an onsite interview because my salary expection was too high for them. I would be taking a pay cut if I were to proceed with them.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult question or unexpected for the phone interview except for the dreaded what is your salary expectation.   1 Answer

Interview

Took about a month to get a call for interview. had easy interview with store manager.Second interview with district manager and third interview with sales manager,

Interview Questions

Interview

General interview and application process

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree in March 2014.

Interview

Initial interview with store manager, basic interviewing covering key topics (sales, service, human resources, loss prevention etc). Was asked to interview over the phone with district manager. Again, straight forward, basic questions. I already had assistant manager experience as well as store manager experience. Was asked to also interview over the phone with regional manager, as it was a full time key holder position. That interview was quick but a little more in depth. Regional manager asked many more probing questions and wanted more specifics to answers. All in all an easy interviewing process. Was offered the position within a couple hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to let the SM know ahead of time what hourly rate I was looking for, spoke about it with DM as well and she wanted to do as much or more. Ended up close to what I wanted. Definitely better than most. It seems if you have the experience and what they are looking for your rate is not locked in to an arbitrary range.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Walked In and asked for an application. Set up a phone interview with DM and they never called. Got a call two weeks after from a local store manager who did a phone interview with me. Told me she would call back to set up a phone interview with the DM who never called the first time. Never got a call. Got a call another week later from the lady who originally gave me the application asking me to come in and fill out hiring paperwork if I was still interested.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      How did you train new hires in previous jobs?   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR, phone interview with department manager, separate in person interviews with department manager and the manager of a related department. The HR representative was a bit cocky, but the department managers were pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gymboree?   1 Answer

Art Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gymboree.

Interview

It was quick. I came in and was interviewd about my previous experience and why I wanted the position. Once that was over I was required to sing a song (because singing is such a big part of that job) but after that, there were a few more questions about availability and then I received an email a few days later saying I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you please sing a song?   1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gymboree (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was typical for a senior IT position. Interviewed with Sr. Vice Presidents in Information Technology and in the business across all departments, including Store Operations, Marketing, Merchandising and Logistics. The process took several weeks from first interview to job offer primarily due to shortage of resources in Human Resources necessary to conduct back ground checks, referrals, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a small IT shop and a large IT environment?   1 Answer

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gymboree (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

the interview process was simple, the interviews were easy to do. Met with 5 managers each of them was very nice. the recruiter was very nice as well and very informative.

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest strength   1 Answer