Gymboree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gymboree Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.4

Art Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gymboree.

Interview

It was quick. I came in and was interviewd about my previous experience and why I wanted the position. Once that was over I was required to sing a song (because singing is such a big part of that job) but after that, there were a few more questions about availability and then I received an email a few days later saying I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you please sing a song?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gymboree (Lake Grove, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Did the interview process backwards. Met with district manager first then store manager both were very laid back and comfortable to talk to. Felt the store manager was very easygoing and very relatable to myself

Interview Questions

• Name a time where i had to handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gymboree (Livermore, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line. Got a call the following day for an interview the next day. Hired on the spot. Next is background check then orientation. The process took less than a week.

Interview Questions

• What is your most favorite outfit when you werea child and why?   Answer Question

Assistant Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gymboree (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I have interviewed with two managers and they were kind!
    They asked me about the current job, former jobs and explained what the requirements!
    During the interview, they were concerned if i can handle what they want.
    After i heard that, I explained what I have done from former companies for make sure that I can do it!

Interview Questions

• What have I done with current company and what have i achieved from former companies?   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree.

Interview

I am typically very nervous during interviews. For this job there were two interviews. The first was at the mall. The manager made me feel very comfortable and didn't ask any questions I wasn't expecting. The second interview was over the phone due to poor weather conditions. It Was the most relaxed interview ever! I felt like I was having a conversation with a friend. The DMX gave examples when asking questions so there was no ambiguity as to what she was asking of me.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a negative experience with a supervisor? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What can you do to try to lower theft in the store?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to speak with someone you were managing who was doing something against company policy? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gymboree in January 2017.

Interview

First, I had an interview with the recruiter. Afterwards, I had 3 separate interviews with different people. All friendly and fairly easy to set-up interview times. The interviews each took about 30-minutes. Got to talk about myself & my background. They asked a few questions, and then I had a chance to ask questions. They explained very well & detailed what the role would entail and the responsibilities that come with it.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself working in corporate retail forever?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Horrible, very rude staff. Leave you waiting with no phone calls back after promising to call. Basic common courtesy could go a long way in the company. Do not recommend any qualified people apply

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gymboree (Denver, CO).

Interview

Indepth questions about past management experience, scenario type questions on leadership, goals, driving sales, and protecting company assets. Ability to lead, customer service and knowing business acumen. Driving the business and managing payroll also included

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gymboree.

Interview

Easily applied online and was called less than a week later for an interview. Arrived at the store and ended up waiting about 30 minuets for the assistant manager to interview me, because she misplaced my application! The interview process was held in the very center of the mall (which was very noisy) and took about 40 minuets. Was told that I would get a call from the head manager the very next day for a second interview, but never did. Called back to see if I had the job, and was pretty much told that I didn't get it. Did not like the assistant manager's snobby attitude.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Sandy, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I was asked the normal question about how I'd handle situations. I was then told they needed help and I got the job. That's was all. They didn't talk about my pay, my benefits or anything.