HD Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HD Supply (New York, NY).

Interview

Very standardized questioning and not job relevant. Asked about resolving conflict between other employees which has nothing to do with sales. Other than that very nice and thry definitely know what theyre doing.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took few weeks since there was a schedule issue. You will first get a phone interview and if they feel comfortable they will ask you to come in face to face. The interview took about 2 hours which was broken down into 3 different sections. First was with development team second was with a direct team member and the third was with the director/hiring manager. The process was long and repetitive but not too bad.

SAP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

technical round of interviews , 2 , 2 within 2 weeks got the offer , Understanding of the role structure . SOD regulations , license audit and implementation experience. Su24 and su25 steps

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair and talked with one of the recruiters and applied online after that. Got the phone interview two days later. It lasted 20 minutes long.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview manager had spent over six months looking for a candidate. I received a phone call to follow up with an in office interview. The entire time the interview manager had told me he had to read and ask the exact questions HR had prepared for him. It was a very cold and dry interview. I was not surprised to hear that it has taken over six months to find a candidate, nevertheless, I was curious to find out more about the position and this type of work.

Interview Questions

• Just a typical HR question, very long-winded.   1 Answer

COUNTER SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

applied online, phone interviewed, talk about experience, follow up email to HR, no response, followed up with branch manager who told position was filled. Zero communication between corporate and branches. It was a big waste of time

Interview Questions

• what is your experience with contractors   1 Answer

Operations Manager I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

The interview is extremely structured with questions predetermined by HR. There are not a lot of challenging questions, but they are mostly situational which means you need to be ready to speak to your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you have had to deal with a difficult associate, how did you deal with the situation, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

Applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was great and I was very excited about the position. Less than an hour after the phone interview, another recruiter called to set up the in person interview. It was scheduled for a week later. I was then emailed the interview itinerary, a parking pass, and the information on how to get to the office, etc. I prepared for this panel interview for an entire week, and I really studied the company to make sure that it was someone I would want to work for, and to get to know each and every service that was offered. The night before the interview (6 PM), I was told my interview was cancelled. No explanation. I even confirmed my interview earlier that same day! I didn't have any bad reference reviews (I talked with all 5 of them), so I know it wasn't that. I was so upset! The interview was cancelled 15 hours prior to when I should have been there, and I have tried reaching out twice to no avail. Any explanation would have been nice. Now I'm just stuck wondering exactly what happened.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience?
      Why are you looking to leave your current job?
      Answer Question

Facilities Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (North Pompano Beach, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone call and face to face. Total background and criminal check done.
    I was told that i was a perfect fit and we would be going further.
    After no response to several calls to my potential supervisor I obviously concluded that I did not get the position. It is a black mark on any company that is not willing to have a discussion. Good or bad people need to extend this courtesy! It really shows how this company values people.

Interview Questions

• Why was my current quota low   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

Very unorganized and incompetent HR person. Set up several calls, talent acquisition person either forgot about them or just didn't bother calling. Followed up several times but to no avail.

Interview Questions

• Just shared info about position - seemed like a direct fit (as said by HR person).   Answer Question