HD Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HD Supply Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

The total process took 3 months which was very long and not normal for most companies. I had 3 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. They also required 6 references and all 6 references had to take a 10 minute survey about me. Process needs to improve.

Interview Questions

• how has your experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santee, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HD Supply (Santee, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Pleasant and at ease.
    Manager allows time to answer the questions.
    I asked him a few questions like: “how long he’s been with the company “ etc.. it was my first interview where I felt like like myself.

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

In House Recruiter Contact almost didn't proceed as recruiter wasn't professional, Phone Interview with the Manager which made me feel better about the position, Small Team interview that seemed like it was just to know the team and get feedback with just basic technical questions. Then Ghosted. Not one reply to thank you letters or requests for candidacy status.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about if I wanted to work on the technology they have.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HD Supply (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online at one of the job/career sites. Days later I received an email to have an initial phone interview. Received communication that there is to be an in person interview days later. The phone interview went well and feel this will be a great fit for me.

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Santee, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The first phone interview was just a quick call to set a time and date for the formal phone interview. I ended up to talking to the HR person about superficial elements of the job and to get a feel for the position. She spoke quickly like she had somewhere to be so I felt pushed to rush through what I had to say about my interest in the position. She kept interrupting me which I think, in general, is rude. But I wrote it off as she being busy at the moment. But the actual phone interview two days later was the same way. I was interrupted often and not allowed to really speak my mind about my interest in the position at HD Supply. I felt the call was going the wrong way and I felt it slipping away. She ended up giving me unwelcomed advice about job searching and that she'd consider me for the position and let me know either way. I was not given a chance to speak further about my work ethic or how I could serve the company well. It was really a strange call.
    I'm sure a lot of people on Glass Door have axes to grind about interviews or their current job positions. But I am not editorializing or adding in extra information here. I know who I am and I actually love interviewing. I was shocked at how a chance at a good position was shot down by an unqualified HR person. I wonder if the department asking for HR's help on the hiring process knows that she's a hazard to them finding the right candidate. I wish anyone luck who has to get past her phone interview.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. There was an informal phone interview where we scheduled an in person interview on-site. The on-site interview took about an hour. Everyone was very friendly and the interview format was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• If an applicant was no longer applicable or qualified for a position due to a missed drug screening and the hiring manager needed that person to be hired -- what would you say to the applicant? What would you say to the hiring manager?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HD Supply in June 2017.

Interview

Typical phone interview with standard questions from a recruiter. I was sent an email to schedule phone interview. Once you pass the phone interview you ,I've next to a face to face with management.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HD Supply (New York, NY).

Interview

Very standardized questioning and not job relevant. Asked about resolving conflict between other employees which has nothing to do with sales. Other than that very nice and thry definitely know what theyre doing.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took few weeks since there was a schedule issue. You will first get a phone interview and if they feel comfortable they will ask you to come in face to face. The interview took about 2 hours which was broken down into 3 different sections. First was with development team second was with a direct team member and the third was with the director/hiring manager. The process was long and repetitive but not too bad.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HD Supply in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I got called by a recruiter a week later. I was given a phone interview, and a video interview. I was then asked for three supervisor references and two colleague references. Right after that I was told I was no longer selected for the role.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a sense of urgency?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle making eight sales calls per week and doing the related paperwork in addition to handling the phone inquiries?   Answer Question