HD Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HD Supply

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HD Supply.

Interview

Speed dating type interview with all department managers. Each manager asked a question and you had thirty seconds to answer before you moved to speaking with the next manager. This is a group style interview with about ten other people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Submit application electronically. Hope you get a phone call. First phone interview was to explain position and requirements of the job. Where and what was to be expected. Interview asked several questions. After call, I understood I would get a second call within a week or so. That did not occur, so I assume they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• If we have a candidate that already has a relationship with the customer base and lives in the market, why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview manager had spent over six months looking for a candidate. I received a phone call to follow up with an in office interview. The entire time the interview manager had told me he had to read and ask the exact questions HR had prepared for him. It was a very cold and dry interview. I was not surprised to hear that it has taken over six months to find a candidate, nevertheless, I was curious to find out more about the position and this type of work.

Interview Questions

• Just a typical HR question, very long-winded.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HD Supply (New York, NY).

Interview

Very standardized questioning and not job relevant. Asked about resolving conflict between other employees which has nothing to do with sales. Other than that very nice and thry definitely know what theyre doing.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who doesnt listen?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Fill out an online application to a recruiter. Had a phone interview with the recruiter, Passed.

I got an email to have a phone interview with HD Supply. He asked me questions like... what lights do you use? What's your favorite format? At the end of the interview he told me that I was the best they had interviewed yet.

Waited a few days and got an email requesting a second interview. After a week of emails, keeping me posted on what week they will be doing in-person interviews. I was told to come in on Thursday May 26. They emailed me who all would be in the interview. They also requested 5 references to fill out a 29 question survey on me ( you can wait to see how the interview went before sending out survey). I study all utube videos on the company, glassdoor and study the interview questions.

In the interview all the questions were about 6-7 behavioral questions. No technical question and no test. I did bring my photography and they just passed the photography books around. Everyone was very nice, but also hard to read. The interview was 1 hour long.

I waited 3 days and heard from my recruiter they went with a internal candidate referral. The whole process took a month. Very sad I really wanted the job......

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when........?

Have you photographed trade shows......?

What video background do you have?

Describe your workflow?   1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by 3 on-site interviews. First round was one-on-one interview with the manager, Second was a group interview with colleagues, Third was one-on-one with the Director. Lots of thoughtful questions to gauge intelligence and whether I would be a good fit for the department's culture. After I accepted the offer, I had to submit to background and drug testing.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (San Diego, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

It's a three part interview: HR (basic, nothing special), hiring manager, then invitation to go in and meet other managers/director.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Standard interview process with multiple rounds and a quiz. It took aobut 2 weeks to go through the process. When you keep telling me to put in more words, this is what I do.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the organization   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a phone screening, in-person interview with the Director of the department and then an interview with the VP. I got a call back in a matter of days. The interview process lasted about 2 weeks. Overall it was a pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you were on a team and there was one person that was not pulling their weight. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview was direct and concise, good manager, asked all the right questions, not on the spot or anything too difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good starting pay, nothing to negotiate.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HD Supply (San Antonio, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Applications are taken online only, they tend to fill positions pretty fast, usually within a week of the initial post. Once you get a call you will be asked for an interview by usually the shipping manager. They are mostly concerned about attendance, the work is easy but it's fast paced. The work only ever becomes difficult when half of your team decides to call out or come in only after lunch. No one gets fired for some reason, prepare to carry your team if you show any kind of aptitude. That being said, you can power through the ranks very quickly when your only competition are a group of lemmings. I'm complaining but I did learn a lot and climbed up to a nice position within a year.

Interview Questions

• What is your attendance like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it pay.