HDR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HDR

2.5

Design Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HDR (San Francisco, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Most chemistry happened among all my interviews. Three principal/senior staff came to the interview each represented the main leading rolls in the team and they shows proficiency and very respective towards interviewer. Smooth and positive atomosphere all the way. Strongly recommended.

Interview Questions

• Why HDR? Tell us why we need to hire you. Tell us three weakness. Which phase of the project do you like?   Answer Question

Transportation EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HDR (Round Rock, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

I attended a career fair where I spoke to a gentleman about the full time opportunities at HDR. A few weeks later I received a call requesting me to come interview, and scheduled the interview for the following week. The interview process was very informal, I interviewed with 2 managers. The entire interview was very conversational rather than question/answer. They gave me alot of opportunities to ask questions. I followed up with an email the next day, and received a call the day after asking if I would be interested in a different position instead, to which I agreed. After a week I emailed and asked if they had any updates, and they responded saying they would be back to me within a few weeks. Almost 2 full months later I heard back that they decided to pursue other candidates. Not very courteous or professional to take 2 months to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in transportation?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you bring to the table as a mechanical engineer in a civil engineering environment?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Process started with a phone screening interview with an internal rectruiter. In person interview at the office proceeded a week after. Interview included a tour of the office and current projects along with a one on one meeting.

Project Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HDR.

Interview

I received an email from the manager that they wanted to set up a phone interview. They said that the managers handle various offices so it was easier to interview the candidates by phone first.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about my work history in more details.   Answer Question

Quality Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HDR (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Personally gave me a 6-minute interview with very basic questions and very little room for conversation. The Interviewer seemed to be in a rush but optimistic about a follow-up interview. I never received notice of interest ( or noninterest) and received zero responses to my follow up email.

Project Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HDR in August 2019.

Interview

First interview was with hiring manager and another Project Accountant. Received a week later for a request for a second interview which was scheduled within a couple days. Heard back the following week that another candidate was selected but they would keep my resume on file should another position open up.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was easy. They did a phone interview and then I got called back the next day to schedule to come in to interview and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Have a ever dealt with a difficult employee and what did I do about it?   Answer Question

Project Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Very Fast. Applied and received a phone call from a corporate recruiter within 1 week. I had my interview the following week and second interview shortly after. From applying to the offer letter the total time it took was 1 month.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember interview questions. My first interview I spoke to the Office Principal, Engineers and Project Managers. The second interview was with more people that I would work with in the office.   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HDR.

Interview

Interview was very long and intimidating with multiple people talking and answering questions at once. Overall it went fairly well, just got to be a lot and there was quite a bit of repetition in the questions asked

Interview Questions

• The typical tell me about yourself, and asked a lot of specifics regarding my current job.   Answer Question

Structural EIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HDR in May 2019.

Interview

Got a call from the HR to set up a video interview with the hiring team in a week. The interview was scheduled with 3 people. Revolved around my resume. Asked me about the courses I had taken in my grad school, the projects I did during my school years. Asked about my internship experience and what difficulties I faced while working. Explained to me what their structural group focuses on in particular and what my responsibilities will be. The interview was pretty casual and lasted about 45-50 minutes. Had to follow up for 3 weeks after which the offer came. The follow up process was pretty relaxing as the HR was very responsive.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with designing structures which require a lot of soil-structure interaction?   Answer Question