HDR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HDR Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2018

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HDR in January 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was a virtual interview performed through a third party client. There were around five questions and you were allowed to review answers before submitting them. Each question allowed a total of four retries.

Interview Questions

• What part of HDR is most intriguing to you for your career as a Civil Engineer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Omaha, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR was informal and was set up for the next interview. Skype interview with the LA team was comfortable and professional. They were friendly and had great banter back and forth.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Omaha, NE) in May 2013.

Interview

Really informal interview, since a lot of people would be qualified, they wanted to make sure that the applicant's personality would fit in well with the department. Really basic questions about my skills and abilities, spent a lot of time just chatting with me.

Not any questions that were unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Describe your skills using Microsoft Suite, how comfortable are you learning other programs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation for interns was not an option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HDR (Billings, MT) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied to a Substation Design Internship, but was called to interview for a Power Transmission Internship. Good interview experience, but I accepted a higher paying internship elsewhere, doing work I am more interested in.

I applied to a Substation Intern position with HDR a few weeks before our University Recruitment Fair. I then spoke to them at the Fair, and really had the opportunity to present myself there. During that time I gave them my pitch, told them about my career goals, and explained my interest. After that we just talked for a while about the company and open summer opportunities. They contacted me about a week later and they asked me to come down to the office for an interview in their power transmission group- even reimbursed my travel expenses (about 150 miles each way). At the interview, I met with about 4 people in the Transmission department, and one HR manager. It was very conversational. They spoke largely about the company, benefits, and highlights of the work, and asked me very few questions. They took me on a tour through the Transmisson department, introduced me to several employees and showed me one of the projects they are currently working on. They were very friendly. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was more interested with the Technical aspect of the work, or management aspect. It sounded like they have good opportunity for career development.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HDR (Pasadena, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Got the interview through a career fair from university. 2 project manager interviewed me, they were clear on their design process and position. The interview took around an hour and a half. they started by introducing themselves, the company, and the roles of the position as well as the projects at hand,

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was comprised of a panel of three interviewers (all from my department). Interviewers were very personable. They were timely about getting back following the interview. Interview questions were fair and the panel seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me as an applicant. The interview itself lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was given a call back in a few weeks for an interview with HR. Once I got through the phone interview, it took another few weeks to schedule an in-person interview. After the interview was over, I received an offer in a week. Since this is an internship, they did not expect me to have much knowledge and wanted to see how I work independently and in teams.

Intern Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Very formal interview and application process. You first have to apply online and then the first step after submitting online application is a recruiter contacts you, you speak with them on the phone for screening I suppose. Then the HR person contacts you after and sets up an appointment to come in to the office. After that the interview is in person with the architectural staff. I received an office a few days later. The process is a bit long but for such a big corporate company is normal.

Interview Questions

• favorite architecture and person that I admire   1 Answer

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

This Employer has a 3 step interview process after your application is considered. There is a phone interview where they just ask you general questions to get an understanding of what kind basic IT experiences you have had. There aren't any technical question asked in the phone interview.

The 2nd interview will be an in person interview where they ask you some detailed questions about your IT experience, and where they ask you to tell them a little bit about your self. For the most part they will do most of the talking.

For the 3rd and final interview, they will have you speak with various people around they office and they will have you speak with the MP or office manager. this part of the interview is for the other employees to get a feel to see if they would like you to work here since this is an employed owned company.

Interview Questions

• It's Saturday and off your scheduled time to work. One of the Engineers is working on a proposal and is unable to print it. What do you do?   1 Answer

CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Bellevue, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, for three levels of CAD Tech, after almost two months and no word, i called one of the Senior CAD leads and asked if i could come in and talk. Two days later, I was talking to her boss and a week later I was offered a position. It was a Very relaxed interview, it seemed that the company moves a little slow with hiring. To me, it seemed they had already made a decision about hiring me, i was just sealing the deal by showing up.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to make the commute?   1 Answer