HDR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2018

2.5

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

They went over your resume and asked specific questions, they expect that you ask questions and spark conversation with the interviewer. The interview was not that formal more of a relaxed atmosphere

Interview Questions

• What coursework have you completed that apply to the position   1 Answer

Electrical EIT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HDR.

Interview

Applied online. After a few weeks of waiting, I Received an email stating that a phone introduction interview was going to be conducted. After that, another call was made in order to set up an in person interview.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HDR.

Interview

I interviewed with two managers over the phone and was then asked to come in for an in person interview. I was then asked to come in for a second in person interview. Declined the offer as they were only will to offer a salary lower than my asking.

Interview Questions

• Within 90 days what are the things I plan to accomplish.   1 Answer

Entry Level Highway Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HDR.

Interview

In setting the interview, they were good following-up with you. The interview lasted about 1 hr. After the interview, I never heard back from them, very disappointed. later, I found out I did not get the job on my online applicant account.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HDR.

Interview

I was referred by HDR current employee (alumni). A few weeks after I submitted my application through their online system, I have been contacted by an engineer to schedule for an onsite interview. The day before the scheduled interview (~7pm), I got a call from the person telling me that the manager won't be available for the interview on the next day. And thus the interview was postponed to the next week. During the interview, I met their manger and the interview went very well. Mostly technical questions - you need to know what you've been doing and what they are looking for in very details. No tricky questions. Make sure you know your resume very much. After the interview, I was toured around their LEED-certified office. They did not get back to me after the interview. I sent a thank you note after the interview and followed up in 2 weeks. But they just totally ignored all my emails. How rude the company is and how much effort it will take for them to simply replying my email - saying like position has been filled or something. The company lack management and I will never consider this company. It's their loss.

Interview Questions

• resume questions, make sure you know HVAC systems and know about their project (ongoing and past). modeling softwares   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Pitts, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

I received a video interview from HDR in which I was asked a few simple questions regarding my goals and what type of position I am looking for by working at HDR.

Traffic Engineer EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Tampa, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Upon applying for this position, it took about 2 weeks to get a call back that I was selected to get interviewed. I arrived there 15 minutes early and waited about 10 minutes before the interview started. I interviewed with 2 engineers in the office and they took turns going back and forth asking questions. Before the questions began, they thoroughly explained the position, the benefits, and briefly described the company. The Q/A was very smooth and not stressful at all. In between questions, they would jump in and either talk about the specific position or about their position. It ran for about an hour and the majority of it was them asking questions about my experience and how does it fit with this position. After the interview, I was given a tour of the office. (I just interviewed today, I will update this post if I get an offer)

Interview Questions

• What standard design manuals have you worked with or are familiar with?   Answer Question
    • What salary would you like to start at?   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HDR (Champaign, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview last for 40 minutes, it was an online interview. They went through the resume. They are really nice and they only ask questions that are related to the work. No behavioral questions. The engineers will interview the candidate. I am an international student btw, I am so grateful the hard work paid off.

Engineer-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HDR (Sacramento, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and within a week received an email for an interview for an in person interview. The process was very quick. The interview was more informal and friendly.

Engineer In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HDR in January 2018.

Interview

Allied online and received an email within three days from HR. I was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview was very easy going. After the interview never heard anything from HR not even a rejection email.