HFF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HFF

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HFF (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They start you off with an entry level analyst/associate currently on the team. Then bring in a few more senior associates. If they like you they bring in a few brokers to speak with yo.

Interview Questions

• Nothing challenging - but the career path is to become a broker.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HFF (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. After I applied I was contacted by HR who did a screening interview and then told me that I would hear back from the department head if they were interested in me. I heard back a day or so later, and scheduled a phone interview with the department head, and then came in for an in person interview with a few people in the office. I was made a formal offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with the salary but was disappointed in some of the benefits which were non negotiable. Maternity/Paternity leave and vacation days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HFF (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Went into their Dallas office to meet with one person and ended up meeting 6 different people. Followed up with another phone interview with someone else who wasnt in the office that day. Have been invited back for 2nd round in person interview and they seem to be aware that I am traveling on my own dime and are making the efforts to condense everything they need to do into one super day for me. Overall, really great people and everyone is helpful if you reach out to them.

Interview Questions

• How would you see yourself fitting into our culture?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HFF (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

3 rounds, first was a general phone interview, second was a more in-depth phone interview and the 3rd was a Skype interview. Asked macro questions as well as some quantitative questions

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HFF.

Interview

Very formal met with several MD's in the office. Asked a range of personality questions and some experience questions. Overall seemed like nice people and mostly about the "fit" into their culture

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply to HFF and how do you view us compared other firms in our industry?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HFF in February 2017.

Interview

Nice process, everyone I spoke to was really nice. Big focus on fit and getting along well with team. Also really pushed the company culture and climate. Overall very pleasant, they definitely want someone who is passionate about HFF and working on their team.

Interview Questions

• Asked about interest and passion, behavioral questions,   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions. Company focuses on culture first. Education and skills were second in the interview, but company seemed to be able to balance potential with current skill level. Process was extrapolated for 2-3 months and 4-5 interviews. High competition.

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HFF (Houston, TX).

Interview

You speak with someone from HR, if that goes well, you speak with the Manager from the department. Then you come in for an interview with the manager. If that goes well, you interview with the team you're going to be working with

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HFF (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

You meet A LOT of people. Questions range from behavioral to technical. Cultural fit is overemphasized. I was brought into the office multiple times. First you meet analysts next directors and managing director

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, with a few "walk me through a project you did"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HFF in April 2015.

Interview

One phone call with an analyst, then a final round in the office with 4 analysts and 2 directors. Straightforward interview, with basic questions about the real estate industry, debt, and resume. Internship provided solid CRE experience with the opportunity to learn both the Investment Sales side and Debt Placement. Great office environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you think about valuing a piece of commercial real estate?   Answer Question