HFF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HFF Interview Questions

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HFF (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Went into their Dallas office to meet with one person and ended up meeting 6 different people. Followed up with another phone interview with someone else who wasnt in the office that day. Have been invited back for 2nd round in person interview and they seem to be aware that I am traveling on my own dime and are making the efforts to condense everything they need to do into one super day for me. Overall, really great people and everyone is helpful if you reach out to them.

Interview Questions

• How would you see yourself fitting into our culture?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HFF (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through University Recruiting. Phone interview with two people, an associate and an analyst. Final round on-site in Atlanta with 3 interviews with three different teams of 3-4 people each.

It did not seem like they were the most organized/cared that much about the intern recruiting process. You are expected to travel to Atlanta on your own and provide your own accommodations. Upon arrival, they were not ready to meet and I was the only candidate there at the time. There was no recruiter present to facilitate the process and so the arrival and departure was a bit awkward. Waited over a month and then received a generic no offer email. Would have appreciated a bit more of a personal approach to the denial considering I spent 6+ hours commuting each way and paid for a hotel room.

Interview Questions

• What facet of real-estate would you recommend investing in long-term.   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HFF (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a direct hire placement agency. The recruiter conducted a phone screen and I was notified a day later that HR at HFF wanted to set up a phone interview with an Associate Director. The phone interview went really well. We spoke about my experience and why I wanted to get into the commercial real estate capital markets intermediary industry. He said the position would require long hours which I was fine with. I sent a thank you email after and got a response from the Associate Director that I should be hearing from two analyst the following week. I followed back up with him after I did not hear anything the previous week and was told that HFF decided to "go in another direction" for their analyst position. I really have no idea what changed so quickly after a week when I didn't get the opportunity to speak with the two analyst. After researching HFF on LinkedIn and seeing all the employees pop up, I am glad that I didn't get the chance to work there as I saw nothing but white male/female analysts which was strange since they stressed nothing but cultural fit. It does not seem like this company values diversity at all. It is 2017 and the company seems behind in that aspect.

I would look elsewhere at companies that are bigger and include more diversity in their workforce in this industry.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the capital markets intermediary industry?   Answer Question

HFF Response

Apr 20, 2017

Thank you for your interest in our firm. HFF is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national original, age, or... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HFF (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Basic Interview, called over the phone, nothing too hard. Mostly asked questions over resume and any real estate things that were on the resume. Not bad at all. Interview was with three people

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HFF (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Do not bother with this group - they have you meet with so many people, take so many tests, than when you ask for feedback, they stop answering your emails. They are unprofessional and awful to deal with - avoid at all costs.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HFF (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

You meet A LOT of people. Questions range from behavioral to technical. Cultural fit is overemphasized. I was brought into the office multiple times. First you meet analysts next directors and managing director

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, with a few "walk me through a project you did"   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HFF (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a connection and was asked to come into the office for an interview. It was in front of two analyst who needed to bring someone on the team to lessen their work load. It was basic personality and behavioral questions. Barely anything on specific analyst questions. I am waiting to hear back for the next steps! Feeling positive and excited

Interview Questions

• Describe three weaknesses
      Why HFF
      Why commercial real estate
      How are you with teams
      What is a typical work day look like for you   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HFF in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was Informal. I was greeted by the office manager and she brought in analysts, directors, managing directors and the executive managing director as their schedule allowed. No technical questions where asked, it was mostly a personality test to see if I would be a right fit within the company. Everyone was extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions. Be prepared to meet with multiple analysts and producers. Read about the company, do your homework.

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you pursued capital markets opportunities with your current employer?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in Capital Markets?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay taking a pay cut in terms of base salary?   Answer Question

Graphics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HFF (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

They briefly described what the coordinator position was responsible and what the the type of workday as. My interviewer seemed nice, said they would want me to come in for another interview, in their Boston office to meet more members of the team.

Debt Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HFF in June 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview with them. The interview seemed to be based on personality traits more than my pedigree. They didn't ask a single question about my cover letter or resume.