HMB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

3.2

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HMB (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

First, I contacted HMB at a career fair. I got an email about doing an in-person interview. After the in-person interview, I got offered to do the final interview. This is a case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMB (Bowling Green, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter who was very friendly during the entire interview. It was an informal review so there was no need to have anything prepared. Simply talked about my life goals, expectations and qualities I look for in a company.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HMB (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter first, then with the hiring manager. The hiring manager interview was difficult only in the sense that I was never asked that the particular question before. that interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe each step, in detail, that you would take to order a item online. Start with turning on the computer.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HMB (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

After meeting at a career fair, I was brought in for 4 rounds of interviews in a day. First, there was a test to evaluate logic skills. Then I met with various members of the company, each asking technical questions. One interview was with a junior developer, which was a "reverse interview", where I could ask him any questions I had about the company and working there.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HMB (Westerville, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was great. Good questions from past experiences, basic tech questions, design patterns, full stack questions, how I learn new technologies, networking, etc. Overall not super challenging, more conversational. Jared asked some basic feeler questions and more or less basically gave the HMB pitch of what they do, why, and how I could grow.

Interview Questions

• Explain how I dealt with a difficult situation between a colleague and a decision he made?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between MVC and webforms and what is viewstate and MVVM?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HMB (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I was recruited by an on-campus recruiter directly from University. After an initial 30 minute interview with the recruiter, I was invited to go on a four hour on-site interview with four employees at four different levels of seniority.

There was also an aptitude test given involving basic logic puzzles.

Interview Questions

• I think the aptitude test was the most unusual thing. Everything else was roughly the stuff you would expect companies to want entry-level developers to know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated with the recruiter over the phone.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HMB (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Very friendly recruiting team will initially work with you.

A phone interview with a senior technical person.

An in-depth technical interview with two or three senior people.