Hantz Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hantz Financial Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Hantz Financial Services

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Southfield, MI).

Interview

I applied online twice and was called in a few weeks later for an interview. The interview was easy but the position was not worth taking. the company seems to value their employees below their customers.

Interview Questions

• The questions were on key with the position and the interview   Answer Question

Low pay and 52 hour weeks

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume to Hantz Group during a career fair. Received a call for an interview fairly quick. The interview was not very difficult, and was only about 20-30 minutes. I was only asked a handful of questions about myself, which were typical interview questions..., tell me about yourself, what are your strengths/weaknesses, and so on.

From there, the interviewer spent a decent amount of time talking about Hantz Group, it was a little sales pitchy like some of the other reviews have mentioned. Sounded a little rehearsed or scripted to some extent, but wasn't too over the top either so.

The interviewer either provided vague answers or didn't have the answer to most of my questions regarding the specifics of the position. Overall, I was not super impressed with the interviewers responses.

The biggest issue I see with this company is that their business model is to sell the same financial services the wealth use to the middle class. Well, the middle class does not have the same amount of disposable income the wealth has, so in order for that to be a successful model, they either require a high volume of clients, or need to reduce their own expenses.

This kind of follows suit with a lot of the reviews for this company....long hours, low pay. Not to mention I have never heard of an accountant being paid based off of billable hours as some of the reviews have stated. If I hear back from them, this is an area that I will make sure they spell out, as in my experience there is a difference between actual hours you put in vs. hours billed to the client.

Overall, I was not super impressed with this company, they didn't really provide enough answers to my questions for me to even form an opinion, which speaks for itself.

No offer was made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Grandville, MI).

Interview

The interviewer was very rude and asked some questions that I felt were too personal. Tried to belittle me as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• Quizzed me on random questions like itemized deductions and 1099s   Answer Question

Internship, paid minimum wage, had to work up to 60 hrs/week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Southfield, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

I was referred by one of their current employees. I sent in my resume and they called me later that day. They asked if I could come in for a group interview (which turned out to be two people) the next day. I accepted. When I walked into the office, the employees looked like they didn't want to be there (maybe because it was only Tuesday). I waited for 20 minutes in their lobby for the manager to come out and get me. We went to an empty office where they explained what they did and their history. They only asked me questions about my resume and that was it. I asked them more questions than they asked me. They responded by telling me there is no room for growth and they don't do anything outside of work with co-workers.

Interview Questions

Their Staff Accountants work M-TH 8-6, Friday 8-5, and EVERY Saturday 9-12.
    Better yet, they offered me something so low, that I could work as a manager at Walmart and make just as much. They low-ball you like no other. The lady who offered me the job on the phone was extremely rude after I wanted to negotiate the salary. This company treats their employees like crap!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Southfield, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

It was just a short screening interview. It lasted a little over 30 minutes and I was asked questions about what I did in my previous position (which is unrelated to accounting). The interviewer was very polite and seemed like a nice person. She did say the company is growing and doing well, when I asked the question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest failure.   2 Answers

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services in January 2015.

Interview

Easy, though the recruiter doesn't even have experience in the field, so that can make it hard for the prospect to ask questions because the recruiter doesn't even know. Beware of the Job Shadowing they don't show you how they cold call through the phone. Its a smoking mirror, and very clique staff

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Southfield, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Achievable process overall, they are very informing about how far their company has come. They could have eased off a little bit on throwing their success in your face. Overall easy to talk to them in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would definitely take the offer because this job taught me a ton about what I wanted to do with my life and also about how a real workplace operates.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services in January 2017.

Interview

this was super easy. there are two rounds of interviews. they are super easy questions. They basically sell them selves to you. It is very low pay. They also tell you on how they want to keep you for a long term.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

Interview

Interview Process was extremely weird, felt more like I was doing the interviewing. They try to sell you on a job instead of making you point out your strong suits.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

Interview

Very informal interview. They spent most of the time selling me on the company and less on asking me to sell myself. A couple standard questions like "tell me about yourself" and "what do you know about Hantz?".

Interview Questions

• Could you see yourself working here in 10 years?   1 Answer