Harborview Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harborview Medical Center Interview Questions

2.2

RN II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager and assistant manager for the unit. Both were informative and friendly, asked appropriate behavioral, skills-based and situational questions and demonstrated a team-based approach to the interview, sharing questions and feedback. They allowed time for questions and also a tour of the unit, which provided additional opportunities for questions and meeting potential co-workers. For a potential employee, this part was especially valuable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to have a difficult conversation with a patient and/or family?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years?   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After summiting an application online I got a phone call for an in person interview with the person who would be my supervisor. Was pretty laid back and informal and she askled standard interview querstions. Then took me on a tour of the ward and told me she would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?   1 Answer

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process requires you requires you to take a blood test. You also have a presentation about their mission. They do not test for drug use, which they should.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You did have an opportunity to ask for what you are worth. The raises were not good.

Hospital Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center in March 2016.

Interview

From applying to being contacted for an interview took about a month. Interviewed with nurse manager of the unit for about 20 minutes, she then gave me a tour of the unit. Afterwards she gathered a current hospital assistant and current nurse as well as assistant manager and had a panel interview with them for about 15 minutes, next day was asked to send in my references. I did not hear back for about a week so I emailed the manager and she informed me the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at harborview, give me an example of teamwork, example of a time when I had a stressful situation and what I did to resolve it, example of a time when I had to report a coworker   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center.

Interview

Phone interview followed by panel interview with straightforward, behavioral questions based on previous work experience. The process took a long time because HR was very slow and they did a background check. The hiring manager did a good job of keeping me up to date and helping to manage expectations about the pace of HR finishing their work. It took a really long time between the offer and the official offer letter, which was a little frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... to evaluate team skills, initiative taking, flexibility   1 Answer

Negotiation

quick, phone, not much room for negotiation as the wages are based on a union negotiated contract.

Dietary Unit Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center.

Interview

Easy, Standard questions. Hardest part was finding a parking spot, so make sure you are early. Manager was very friendly, Supervisor was not. Looked like she hated me the minute I stepped in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...etc.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview with three staff members. They were all young and easygoing--obviously had a good rapport with each other. Each alternated through questions and took notes. This interview lasted about an hour.

I then went in for a second interview with those same staff members and the person who oversees their department and several other programs. She was very nice and seemed engaged in our conversation, mentioning that I would probably do really well in an MBA program based on my responses and the way I think about managing people.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about teaching a volunteer a new task?   1 Answer

Nurse Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Went through two interviews (one with nurse recruiter, the other with the nurse manager), the one with the nurse recruiter was 20-30 minutes long, the nurse manager one was around 15-20 minutes. Nurse manager asked a lot of situational and behavioral questions. There were more of those along with skill questions than the nurse recruiter interview. The nurse recruiter interview had more background check questions, and background experience questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a challenge in your workplace and/or a challenging patient?   Answer Question
    • How did you overcome a conflict with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center.

Interview

The manager emailed to schedule a phone screen. We discussed general IT topics, nothing difficult. He invited me in for an interview and I met with him and three departmental managers (IT customers) who knew nothing about IT. A week or so later I got an offer. It was all quite informal and not very rigorous.

Interview Questions

• None. All standard interview questions, nothing challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for and received essentially the top of the predefined pay scale (state job with set range).

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center in September 2012.

Interview

Really easy interview! I got a position the day after my interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great!