Harborview Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.2

Patient Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then I got an email from a recruiter for an in person interview with the nurse manager. I was able to choose the time and day of interview. I went in and interviewed with 2 people and brought copies of my resume. Pretty basic interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience?
      Tell me about how you can contribute to the team?
      What do you know about Harborview?   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Jefferson, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center (Port Jefferson, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with Human Resources in Port Jefferson, then appointment to meet office manager and MD was set up. Interview was set up at 7 am . Was told work hours by human resource would be Monday to Friday during second interview was told hours would be up to 14 hour days.

Interview Questions

• At the second interview , questioned regarding my ability to answer patients questions appropiately and completely.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center in October 2017.

Interview

I went to a job fair and toured the hospital. I was connected to a recruiter who reviewed my resume. Had a brief interview then and a few weeks later was contacted to come in for an official interview. I was asked many questions in which scenarios needed to be part of the answer.

RN II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager and assistant manager for the unit. Both were informative and friendly, asked appropriate behavioral, skills-based and situational questions and demonstrated a team-based approach to the interview, sharing questions and feedback. They allowed time for questions and also a tour of the unit, which provided additional opportunities for questions and meeting potential co-workers. For a potential employee, this part was especially valuable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to have a difficult conversation with a patient and/or family?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years?   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After summiting an application online I got a phone call for an in person interview with the person who would be my supervisor. Was pretty laid back and informal and she askled standard interview querstions. Then took me on a tour of the ward and told me she would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

You sit down one on one with the nurse manager and have a conversation. They have specific questions but are also more relaxed to let you show a bit of your personality.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process requires you requires you to take a blood test. You also have a presentation about their mission. They do not test for drug use, which they should.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You did have an opportunity to ask for what you are worth. The raises were not good.

Hospital Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center in March 2016.

Interview

From applying to being contacted for an interview took about a month. Interviewed with nurse manager of the unit for about 20 minutes, she then gave me a tour of the unit. Afterwards she gathered a current hospital assistant and current nurse as well as assistant manager and had a panel interview with them for about 15 minutes, next day was asked to send in my references. I did not hear back for about a week so I emailed the manager and she informed me the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at harborview, give me an example of teamwork, example of a time when I had a stressful situation and what I did to resolve it, example of a time when I had to report a coworker   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center.

Interview

Phone interview followed by panel interview with straightforward, behavioral questions based on previous work experience. The process took a long time because HR was very slow and they did a background check. The hiring manager did a good job of keeping me up to date and helping to manage expectations about the pace of HR finishing their work. It took a really long time between the offer and the official offer letter, which was a little frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... to evaluate team skills, initiative taking, flexibility   1 Answer

Negotiation

quick, phone, not much room for negotiation as the wages are based on a union negotiated contract.

Dietary Unit Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harborview Medical Center.

Interview

Easy, Standard questions. Hardest part was finding a parking spot, so make sure you are early. Manager was very friendly, Supervisor was not. Looked like she hated me the minute I stepped in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...etc.   1 Answer