Harris Computer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Niagara Falls, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I got a call from the hiring manager the very next day and quickly scheduled an interview at the end of the week. I dressed business casual (no tie) and even came a little late. My interviewer didn't seem to mind. Questions were more about my critical thinking skills, though technical skills and job history were covered. I was invited to a second interview a week later which was little more than a formality and told I pretty much had the job. There was a holiday weekend between the second interview and the job offer, so if it hadn't been for that, the whole process might have taken three weeks between applying and starting the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you leave here today, and your car doesn't start?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Computer.

Interview

Straight Forward. Took about 1 month with coordination. The Project Manager reached out me about my resume and spoke about 45 min. Then they flew me out to meet the VP and Director of the team. Background check and references and then come aboard !

Interview Questions

• Be able to speak to what the position is frond you should be good.   Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Niagara Falls, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called a week later to set up an initial phone screening. After the initial phone screening I had another phone interview and an in person interview 2 weeks after that. The whole process took about 3 months, but I was aware that it would be a longer process because of the holidays and they weren't looking to hire someone until January.

All of my interviewers seemed very prepared and had a list of questions to ask based on an assessment I had taken. They also asked relevant follow-up questions and seemed genuinely interested in my responses.

Interview Questions

• If you had all the money and time in the world what would you do?   Answer Question

Software Delivery Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Lake Mary, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Was cordial and very insightful. I was given the opportunity to speak to all levels of management and was impressed with knowledge. I was able to illustrate my abilities in alignment with company's goals. The staff was very well prepared for interview in asking questions on my technical abilities and experiences.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with generation gap in the workforce in order to handle conflicts.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer.

Interview

I was part of an acquisition of a smaller company. Only one real interview. The employment was based more on the recommendations of acquired company's upper management. Only real interview was a one on one with the head of the acquisition team.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Computer in October 2013.

Interview

Simplest, cleanest interview ever. No trick questions. If they like your resume and you can show proof of things you have written, they get off the phone and back to business. And the recruiter I worked with (Gia Lewis and Jeffery Ackerman at TechLink, were amazing beyond belief. Fast, thorough, with a heads up on what to expect. They insisted that I make myself familiar with the product and the company, and it paid off. This is why I like working with real, living, local people rather than robo-recruiters.

Interview Questions

• There were no surprises anywhere along the way. Gia interviewed me and placed relevant information from my resume in the cover document, and off it went, Jeff told me what he knew and provided more about what they wanted. I rehearsed a brief summary about what parts of my career that seemed to relate to the company and my proposed utilization there, and I was set up for a final interviews.   Answer Question

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Albany, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Submitted Resume, called in for interview. Interviewer was plesant and informal. Was given the chance to see application, speak with staff. Interviewer was able to answer all my questions. reviewed the benefit package. Was interested in experience, availability to travel, during spring. Reviewed the new hire process.

Interview Questions

• Would I be available to travel 3-4 months of the year with in state   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was reasonable in negotiations, and able to explain descions

Microsoft Dynamics GP Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Tyler, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Had two interviews. One with the vice president of business operations and the other with the technical support manager. This took over 2 months to complete.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. They were mostly about accounting and customer support.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Niagara Falls, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

I was called for a skills assessment test and an in person interview. Test had questions on Data Structures and Databases. Interview was mostly HR with few basic C++ technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Design library management system.   1 Answer

Regional Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Dover, NH) in May 2008.

Interview

1) Initial Phone Interview for initial qualification; 2) 1:1 Interview (explaining nature of postion) 3) Presentation on how I would solicit new clients (consisting of an introductory letter and proposal).

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would prospect for sales in this industry.   1 Answer
    • How would your co-workers describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate the base salary (initially $50,000 for six months, then dropping to $40,000) or the commission (10% of gross sales up to quota, and increasing 15% after annual quota is achieved). During the interview process, I was told that I would be able to make up the difference in base salary through ongoing commissions. I tried to negotiate the base salary on the fact that the sales cycle is long (6 to 12 months). The interviewer explained that the sales cycle is really 3 to 6 months and was therefore not willing to negotiate. To make more, one must sell more. After nearly a year in this position, it is more realistic to say that the sales cycle is 6 to 12 months. I have sold several clients; however, the commission percentage and base salary still remain non-negotiable - even after subsequent discussions.